test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I just hit another bug in this episode - i got killed in the spiral/circullar beam
    trap (funny enough - the one from picture in blog)... and got respawned on the other side of the next door (which stayed closed).
    The mission can not be continued from this point - nothing to interact
    and when i beamed out, i can not return to mission - so until it's fixed i will not bother with it :mad:

Too bad - but what you expect when the mission was not even checked on tribble server - eh....

That is one bug but also if you survive that and get to the end it leaves you locked in the same place as Sela is invisible/not there. Hmm, I guess time to drop again and wait for a fix.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just hit another bug in this episode - i got killed in the spiral/circullar beam
    trap (funny enough - the one from picture in blog)... and got respawned on the other side of the next door (which stayed closed).
    and when i beamed out, i can not return to mission - so until it's fixed i will not bother with it :mad:

Too bad - but what you expect when the mission was not even checked on tribble server - eh....

Edit - and when i tried to change character i got kicked out of server and can not log back in!

Same thing happened to me.
  • quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you beam up when Sela disappears, you can go to Nopada and it'll skip you to the next part of the mission, but evidently you miss a couple of key plot points.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Current weekly reward: be unable to complete the mission correctly. Beautiful.

It was starting well, even making me not hate Sela too much and happy about Gaius' true "motivations", but nope, you guys had to mess up somewhere.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    You can still throw it on one of your boffs. That's where a lot of my rep sets and the like end up.

Actually they're all in rep armours as well, I wanted the costumes. It wasn't worth it :P

Well, what I got to play of the mission was fun. Shame it's completely bugged. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  • talismanedmtalismanedm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Edit - and when i tried to change character i got kicked out of server and can not log back in!

Exact same thing happened to me. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm not wasting another minute trying to do that mission. Maybe next week it will be fixed.
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quistra wrote: »
    Mission bugs out at the end, when you have to talk to Sela but she doesn't show up.

I know what it is Sela has stolen Harry Potters invisiblity cloak.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Romulan Ground set, hurrah!

Bugs out with Sela vanishing, Boo!

Flying to Nopada, in Psi Velorum works to complete the mission, but I'm kinda missing some plot there.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This is what happend to me to, great work Cryptic..
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good episode, despite some of the technical problems. The one positive thing that really stood out for me with this episode was the ability to command your bridge officers to attend to different tasks, as well as some pathfinding tweaks so your boffs don't follow you through a maze of death. Definitely like that.

I thought that with Gaius Selan's voice actor departing the game, the character would've been killed off. VanZyl also had a voiceover change, and we finally get to hear Liam McIntyre's VO for J'mpok (And later Subcommander Kail with Delta Recruits). Are we going to see anymore VO changes in the future for current characters?
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The new content and storyline is great, so thank you all for that! But I ran into several progress inhibiting bugs. With some help from T'Rex (thanks again!) on the really confusing one, I was able to finish the episode. Here's what I ran into, and how I worked around it, in case you have the same problems:

1) In Hakeev's secret base, I had an objective to eliminate the romulan officers in the second lab. The officers were all dead, but the objective wasn't met and I couldn't advance. Amusingly enough, while exploring to try to resolve this, my Boff away team walked through the solid back wall of the lab to go fight the rommies on the far side. In the end, I beamed up and then started over with "Continue..." the missions worked the second time.

2) Like others, I got fragged once by the colimiter puzzle and spawned on the balcony with no exit. I again beamed up to continue, but found no "Continue..." option in orbit around Horus. T'Rex was helpful enough to clue me in that I had to manually fly to Nopara in the Psi Velorum sector block. From there I was able to "Continue..." the episode.

3) After legitimately getting through the colimiters and onto the balcony for the final confrontation, Sela was indeed not there and I couldn't meet that last objective. I just beamed up once again and was able to continue the mission from there to the finish.

I hope this helps somebody else who gets stuck. It's frustrating, but the new content would be a great and interesting story if it wasn't interrupted.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We need to track down Sela! She's gone missing and we need to get to the bottom of this. Learn about some of the new rewards in our latest Featured Episode.

You can find our updated blog with rewards here.

~LaughingTrendy

Oh wow.. thank you and your staff for the ground set. It looks amazing! I have several toon's that need a ground set and cannot wait to test it.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • ficasoczficasocz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thumbs up for new event/gear/episode...

But those bugs :-(

I stucked in the mission and now cannot login...

Fine work cryptic...
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is so cool. Therefore, our professional wankas actually take the time to log in and complain about it. MMOs, especially f2p, are like a huge spoiled-child personality magnet. I think a study should be done about it. It's really remarkable, socially, neurologically, psychologically, criminologically....
    Greenbird
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait What ??? !!!

Mk XI gears reward for lvl 58 !!! only lvl 60 get Mk XII ? why is that cryptic !
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you beam up when Sela disappears, you can go to Nopada and it'll skip you to the next part of the mission, but evidently you miss a couple of key plot points.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to complete it this way as well - though I wonder what happened to invisible Sela?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited March 2015
    This is so cool. Therefore, our professional wankas actually take the time to log in and complain about it. MMOs, especially f2p, are like a huge spoiled-child personality magnet. I think a study should be done about it. It's really remarkable, socially, neurologically, psychologically, criminologically....

Excuse me, but pointing out a bug isn't complaining or whining, it's pointing out a technical error.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Free Mk XII ground set. Good for alts. Cool. Coolcoolcool.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ficasoczficasocz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Where is Nopada?
    STO wiki says mylasa sector - Psi velorum, but there is nothing...

EDIT: Founded... my fault...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ficasocz wrote: »
    Where is Nopada?
    The nearest system to the Afehirr Nebula.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the armor unlocking account wide on a single completion or is it per toon?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ficasocz wrote: »
    Where is Nopada?

When you head to Psi Velorum, it should be highlighted on your map. It's to the far right of the sector block.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Excuse me, but pointing out a bug isn't complaining or whining, it's pointing out a technical error.

We appreciate civil posts such as yours that reports bugs. I want to ensure that my developers can get information on any and all issues that might appear, so having a clean post that details bugs is a great way to help.
    edited March 2015
    We appreciate civil posts such as yours that reports bugs. I want to ensure that my developers can get information on any and all issues that might appear, so having a clean post that details bugs is a great way to help.

You guys do great work. And the mission itself was otherwise great, with a lot of cool features and a good story. Hopefully it all comes together.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My only complaint with the FE is I am at work and unable to play until I get home from work in 4 hours.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My ground toon is going to benefit SO much from this set. Thank you for helping tiny Trill's to bring enormous pain. :D
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I died in the Sphere and respawned in an area I couldn't escape from. After beaming up it appears I can no longer return to my last checkpoint because there is no "Continue Mission" prompt at the Hobus system.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cool romulan armor set at last... imperial thou. still nice.

i love the fact that you can upgrade it up to mk xii at no cost.

so you can do the mission at lvl 10... get a mk 2... at level 20 you can upgrade to mk 4 at no cost... all the way to mk 12.

wish you would implement this feature for all unique mission rewards.
  • keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    So I died in the Sphere and respawned in an area I couldn't escape from. After beaming up it appears I can no longer return to my last checkpoint because there is no "Continue Mission" prompt at the Hobus system.

Cool I'm not the only one. GJ.

Impressions: Dissapointed.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2015

johngazman wrote: »

Now i have 2 characters with the same problem... hope they fix this sometimes..
    Maby they fix it to-night when i say "After i got killed got traped behind a door that didn't open, a box was there with 1ec". A free 1ec must get fixed !!!