test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very Rare Kit Modules

redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Academy
Coming back from a bit of a STO break, and I noticed that replaying missions that give "class appropriate kit rewards" no longer drop Very Rare (Purple) kit modules. Now they are Rare (Blue). I know some Fleet holdings and Reputations give a handful of Ultra Rare (Violet) kit modules, but is there another way (other than the Exchange) to aquire Very Rare kit modules?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    possibly crafting.

No, you can't craft or upgrade kit modules.

Al Rivera (Captain Geko) mentioned that because of the way kits have been coded when they were first introduced they are not compatible with the crafting / upgrade system without a major overhaul.
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    redvenge wrote: »
    Coming back from a bit of a STO break, and I noticed that replaying missions that give "class appropriate kit rewards" no longer drop Very Rare (Purple) kit modules. Now they are Rare (Blue). I know some Fleet holdings and Reputations give a handful of Ultra Rare (Violet) kit modules, but is there another way (other than the Exchange) to aquire Very Rare kit modules?

Fleet Embassy Tier 3, Fleet Spire Tier 3, Random drops in missions or exchange.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The appropriate missions where stealth nerfed. The patch notes mentioned increased rewards for the first playthrough and that comes out with reduced rewards on all repeated plays.

So now its random drops and lockbox modules.
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    VR Chroniton mine module, do we just have to pay the millions in EC? Uncommon is very affordable, but don't we have to get the best!! lol Any other methods anyone found more efficient in obtaining these? (Just pure RNG Gawds benevolence?)
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Assimilation still gives out mk11 or 12 modules, but at green. At least on replays, I haven't tried first plays recently.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg