test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Haved you been TRIBBLE?

section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
I got this message from Twitch which I only downloaded to watch STO broadcasts.

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password (which was cryptographically protected), the last IP address you logged in from, and any of the following if you provided it to us: first and last name, phone number, address, and date of birth.

For your protection, we have expired your password and stream keys. In addition, if you had connected your account to Twitter or YouTube, we have terminated this connection.

You will be prompted to create a new password the next time you attempt to log into your Twitch account. If applicable, you will also need to re-connect your account to Twitter and YouTube, and re-authenticate through Facebook, once you change your password. We also recommend that you change your password at any other website where you use the same or a similar password.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

The Twitch Team

© 2015 Twitch. All Rights Reserved.

So this happens and about the same time yesterday I get temporarily banned from my STO account and ARC wallet goes down. Is there something to this? After all it took two years for Cryptic to admit they got TRIBBLE. I mean these guys can't fix the multiple known issues how can we be sure they can keep our personal information safe?
Post edited by section31agent#8506 on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Well if the Romanians, Russians, and North Koreans got into Hillary Clinton's personal server and sent proof of deleted emails I guess it is a question worth looking into.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Two years to admit it? The articles I remember reported Cryptic didn't discover they'd been TRIBBLE until two years after the hack occurred.

So what exactly is a increased security analysis? I know State Department stuff is roughly 7 layers deep in encryption. Thank you Sopwithsnipe for the article.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And I received the same email, my neighbor did too and he isn't playing STO.

Twitch and your forum or game account arent connected, or are they?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And I received the same email, my neighbor did too and he isn't playing STO.

Twitch and your forum or game account arent connected, or are they?

The information collected to create the account is the same. Fortunately, I change my password pretty often. It is the timing of all of the things coming together that makes me scratch my head.

Banned, cant get into ARC wallet, and now Twitch all in one day. I just don't want another situation like the data breech with TARGET.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    arnthebard wrote: »
    Well if the Romanians, Russians, and North Koreans got into Hillary Clinton's personal server and sent proof of deleted emails I guess it is a question worth looking into.
    The whole point of the server was to provide easy access to the Chinese.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The message "You cannot log in from this IP address" was widespread through Cryptic; even I got it, and I have never used Twitch. Apparently the account server took a dump. It was back online as of this morning.

No relation to the Twitch thing; it wouldn't anyway, unless you used the same login information for Twitch as you do for Arc/Cryptic. (And if you do, shame on you! Change one of those passwords right now!)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got this message from Twitch which I only downloaded to watch STO broadcasts.

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password (which was cryptographically protected), the last IP address you logged in from, and any of the following if you provided it to us: first and last name, phone number, address, and date of birth.

For your protection, we have expired your password and stream keys. In addition, if you had connected your account to Twitter or YouTube, we have terminated this connection.

You will be prompted to create a new password the next time you attempt to log into your Twitch account. If applicable, you will also need to re-connect your account to Twitter and YouTube, and re-authenticate through Facebook, once you change your password. We also recommend that you change your password at any other website where you use the same or a similar password.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

The Twitch Team

© 2015 Twitch. All Rights Reserved.

So this happens and about the same time yesterday I get temporarily banned from my STO account and ARC wallet goes down. Is there something to this? After all it took two years for Cryptic to admit they got TRIBBLE. I mean these guys can't fix the multiple known issues how can we be sure they can keep our personal information safe?

Twitch has been TRIBBLE a couple days ago, that's why you got a mail asking you to change password. I received one myself

http://www.cnet.com/news/amazons-twitch-TRIBBLE-some-user-accounts-possibly-accessed/
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/twitch-got-TRIBBLE-2015-3?r=US
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even Spock would have agreed that it was logical to assume that it was a possibility.

perhaps, but irrational paranoia is not logical.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well apparently whoever it is has tried using my email to get into the game as i get a "Too many attempts, try again later" message upon my first login after arriving home from work. Thankfully, i do not reuse passwords, or keep any even remotely similar.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The security breach at twitch has nothing to do with Cryptic or PWE. The mass IP bans just were a coincidence.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited March 2015
    ehrlehn wrote: »
    Well apparently whoever it is has tried using my email to get into the game as i get a "Too many attempts, try again later" message upon my first login after arriving home from work. Thankfully, i do not reuse passwords, or keep any even remotely similar.

So I am not alone in my assessment.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    askray wrote: »
    The security breach at twitch has nothing to do with Cryptic or PWE. The mass IP bans just were a coincidence.

if only things in life were that black and white...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.