test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customer Service ?

cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I just have to ask, has anyone else gotten as bad (or worse if it's possible) customer service?
I am slowly having items, gear and now a ship just vanish like I never had it before and all I get is "we have no record of it". Am I the only one feeling liike they couldn't care less now?:mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    I just have to ask, has anyone else gotten as bad (or worse if it's possible) customer service?
    I am slowly having items, gear and now a ship just vanish like I never had it before and all I get is "we have no record of it". Am I the only one feeling liike they couldn't care less now?:mad:

This isn't new. The customer service that you can access in game puts your ticket through to a PW rep. They are only useful for billing issues. Anything else should be brought to the forums where criptics PR and devs occasionally do help with issues.

Its sad that they have too as it should be the job of PW's copy paste monkeys to engage and help, not our developers who have their own jobs to do.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How does a ship vanish?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How does a ship vanish?

Space Houdini!!!!!
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If only there was a way to apply for a Customer Service position for STO and improve the quality they receive...
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    SETI have started the search for STO customer service. However, they believe we'll have proof of extraterrestrial life first.

The only answers I had from them was pre-generated message. And closed ticket, while the issue was still standing. Perhaps Skynet have started his world domination by the STO customer service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How does a ship vanish?

Probably from them discharging, confirming the discharge and then regretting it and are now griping because Customer Service won't reverse the discharge.
  • mightysteve1701mightysteve1701 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cristonic2 wrote: »

I have a different problem--after a lapse of about two years, I re-subscribed. In addition to my $14.95 subscription fee, Perfect World has withdrawn four more dollars, in four different one dollar transactions. When I try to send a billing ticket, I'm logged out.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a different problem--after a lapse of about two years, I re-subscribed. In addition to my $14.95 subscription fee, Perfect World has withdrawn four more dollars, in four different one dollar transactions. When I try to send a billing ticket, I'm logged out.

Have you tried here https://support.arcgames.com/app/support_center, I know that some company charge a £1 on the card when starting a subscription but they usually put it straight back.
  • mightysteve1701mightysteve1701 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    anyonka wrote: »
    Have you tried here https://support.arcgames.com/app/support_center, I know that some company charge a £1 on the card when starting a subscription but they usually put it straight back.

My bank is now showing no withdrawals from Perfect World...and when I check my subscription, I'm asked if I want to upgrade to Gold.

??
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had an unopened Galor vanish out of my Cardies bank after a weekly maintenance last year. No help from CS, nothing else missing on my account.
    Could be some sort of anti-duping routine.

I've heard mention that there was a mail-related dupe that occurred at some point awhile back, but it sounded like a one-time opportunity.

I've never otherwise heard of a dupe in this game, but I imagine that anyone who finds one has the sense to keep it quiet.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just spent 2 weeks in e-mail hell with CS about missing items. Not inventory items but z-store stuff I purchased and can't claim anymore. Got nowhere.

CS claims I have one ship purchased and available for reclaim. I have 10. 2 are no longer available to claim... and 'records' show I've only purchased one ship.

Don't know if they lack the tools or the desire to do their jobs... but no, I haven't ever seen worse CS.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How does a ship vanish?

Space herpes

RE Ice Pirates
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've never seen customer service as bad as I've seen here, though to be fair, I haven't had any contact with them recently.

At least we CAN file tickets. Over at The Old Republic, you can't get ANY help of any kind if you're not subscribed (I even had a problem GETTING subscribed, but couldn't get any help because I wasn't subscribed...).

ive tried to chat with sto staff, no one has ever really bothered to note any i have stated in the past, that was years ago, from what i read recently leads me to think its stil the case. that you can send a ticket it out, it will have a 50% chance of being read and responded to or getting shut down out of hand due to a standing order in the work place or something to that effect, if souch a thing existed.

i have sent tickets on SWTOR in the past, i got lucky with the customer service, usually when i do have an issue they always respond to it in a fair manner, there isnt one ticket i have not had a question returned or an answer not given to date. but i still read of cases where SWTOR support is not much different from STO.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have sent tickets on SWTOR in the past, i got lucky with the customer service, usually when i do have an issue they always respond to it in a fair manner, there isnt one ticket i have not had a question returned or an answer not given to date. but i still read of cases where SWTOR support is not much different from STO.

Probably because being a F2Per in SWTOR has you treated as a second class citizen. SWTOR tries to force you to subscribe while STO tries to force you to go F2P.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same thing happened to me pretty much, only it was a crafted DHC just vanished from a ship ("this item is equipped on another ship" when it wasn't).

In this case I DID manage to get a GM to reply to me after sending screenshots etc etc.

They told me to file a bug report. Which I did. Once a week. For about 2 months. Ignored.
    giphy.gif
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My bank is now showing no withdrawals from Perfect World...and when I check my subscription, I'm asked if I want to upgrade to Gold.

??

Have you tried asking the bank for a contact number, there is usually a telephone number registered direct debits and card purchases.

Also I would like to add, for anyone. I've found You'll get more response from customer service in general if you a polite in the request. Unfortunately you'll still get the automated message, but if the answer is not there just ignore it and someone will answer. I have had no trouble with customer service responding to my tickets.

I'll admit some of answers are less than helpful, (like recent trolling) but I'm guessing they are bound by the same privacy protection laws we all are at work. I was also having trouble with arc which has now been fixed but the suggestion they had given did not work but seeing as it was a problem my end I guess I can't blame them for that. I would also like to add they do listen, look at the memorial as an example.

I'll imagine that they do get a lot of tickets a day, I won't try to guess how many. I be live that you can send a separate message on the same ticket. Maybe try sending message "I am contacting regarding the ticket that I sent on DD MM YY, I have yet to receive a reply. I would like to get this problem sorted, thanks in advance"
    Tickets do get lost in the system, sometimes you need to draw attention to them.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cyllus2014 wrote: »
    Not inventory items but C-store stuff I purchased and can't claim anymore. Got nowhere.

Fixed that for you....

??

If you had four charges, you must have tried to apply the same card or another card linked to that account to the total single charges. It's pre-authorisation and it's a very common thing to do for major retailers and e-tailers. Part of card verification and anti-fraud measures.

It's possible the bank goofed on this, but very very unlikely. You're more likely to have a bug free STO.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait, this game has a Customer Service?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Customer service ?
    never heard of that.
    CEO of cryptic managment.