test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway to Gre'Thor

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Iconians! Their invasion forces march through the streets of First City and into the stars! We will show them the might and bravery of our Imperial fleet is as unmatched in space as our warriors are on the ground.

We must drive out the honorless petaQ!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh just let that cesspool burn ... in fact let me bombard it from orbit ... please? :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Space and ground separate...this is sounding like an Iconian STF. Like it.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    News News and more News... I'm going to sleep.

Edit: If Iconian Marks suddenly crop up, with Iconian Weapons (and especially Lock Box ships) I am well and truly retiring this game.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Though they make use technological trickery

make use OF...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm bringing my Mat'Ha.

These Iconian filth will know the strength and valor of true Klingon warriors! TlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, two queued missions around Qo'nos. I wonder if this is an attempt to make more people interested in playing Klink side? Hope it works.
    Indeed! Hopefully this stirs some interest in the KDF side of the game!
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The title got me all excited for something to do with the fek'ihri. Oh well, still nice to see another space queue that my old PC is more likely to be able to run than the herald sphere. Speaking of, I assume we'll actually be fighting heralds and not actual iconians?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question for Cryptic: if we're going to have to deal with direct sieges to AQ space can you guys do the community the basic courtesy of letting me upgrade my T6 KDF raptor with bat'leths?

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Praying Ma'Tha, that should show 'em!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flash525 wrote: »

Edit: If Iconian Marks suddenly crop up, with Iconian Weapons (and especially Lock Box ships) I am well and truly retiring this game.

There is an iconian reputation.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If it's going to be an Invasion... can we... you know... make it an invasion... Maybe the nexy Battlezone is Qu'nos? Don't know what you all want... but for me... I want it to have a bunch of "oh ****" moments. Park a couple of Elachi, Herald and Solane ships above Qu'nos shooting at the first city while the players are running around trying to dfend the "new" high council from the interloopers.

"Oh ****" moments do not include beaming down with Tovan Khev.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • pteal1979pteal1979 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another queue around qo'nos, not going to be much left of qo'nos soon.

Will the first city stay as it is now, or will the KDF be losing it as a social zone with the release of season 10 :confused:
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pteal1979 wrote: »
    Another queue around qo'nos, not going to be much left of qo'nos soon.

Will the first city stay as it is now, or will the KDF be losing it as a social zone with the release of season 10 :confused:

It is the last thing left that hasn't been given away basically lol.

Although I can't really see the empire fighting off the iconians because of the lack of compatible ships. So they basically make it where the KDF has to depend on the federation and romulans because higher powers did not find it viable to cater to the 18% or 16% :P

I guess nice job on the queues to defend the homeworld but they need to push out stuff other than battle cruisers to the KDF we have more than enough of them now. Although with all those layoffs and the fact that the game pretty much has fizzled out along with the other games they have I highly doubt even with this being centered around qo'nos as far as we have seen I doubt its going to be anymore than that for season 10.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    they are trying to occupy Qu'nos?
    Seriously dumb these people.
    Turning it to glass makes more sense.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    If it's going to be an Invasion... can we... you know... make it an invasion... Maybe the nexy Battlezone is Qu'nos? Don't know what you all want... but for me... I want it to have a bunch of "oh ****" moments. Park a couple of Elachi, Herald and Solane ships above Qu'nos shooting at the first city while the players are running around trying to dfend the "new" high council from the interloopers.

"Oh ****" moments do not include beaming down with Tovan Khev.
    the idea of qonos turning into a cross-faction battlezone made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015

ashkrik23 wrote: »
    There is an iconian reputation.
    It's the Lock Box ships that'll close the door for me. If they can't release Borg Lock Boxes, then they shouldn't be releasing Iconian ones. The question is though (alike the Elachi) will they release Herald Lock Box Ships?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the idea of qonos turning into a cross-faction battlezone made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Throw up all you like. Qu'nos is on the Iconian "list."
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015

As ashkrik23 already said, there is indeed an Iconian themed Rep coming out soon. Probably with Season 10. While the Rep grind is getting a bit old, it's manageable at least. They release what, 1 or maybe 2 reps a year? Takes just over a month (if all you do is the 20 hour project) to get to Tier 5 the first time and half that for alts once you start sponsoring.

I'm not going to say "can I have your stuff" as I actually hope you stick around. I can understand if you're getting burned out though, so take a break and come back in a month or two. Everything will still be here.

And remember this, if you don't want to do the new rep, don't. No one is making you. And by the looks of it, we'll have at least 3 new queues to get the Iconian marks from and they might end up being fun missions. Only time will tell.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the KDF players should get a boost in those 2 queues.

we are klingons, we are warriors, we defend our homeworld !
    give us a boost of rage or berserk ^^
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Well, why not do just that? Since that's what is going to happen. Just because you don't want to have another reputation, doesn't mean that the reputation is a bad thing...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is feeling like two parts of a classic STF. Break through the space blockade and then fight to the finish in the capitol.

I like it. I like it a lot.

the KDF players should get a boost in those 2 queues.

we are klingons, we are warriors, we defend our homeworld !
    give us a boost of rage or berserk ^^

Actually that's a great idea.

Call it Defenders of the Homeworld. +15% damage on all attacks while fighting on Qo'nos.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    KDF really seem to be getting their asses kicked recently...

You know what would be cool? If the KDF got some NEW EXCLUSIVE SHIPS to deal with all that threat...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    suaveks wrote: »

You know what would be cool? If the KDF got some NEW EXCLUSIVE SHIPS to deal with all that threat...

They could also show the FED how pathetic they are for relying on new ships if the KDF just deals with the iconians with the tugs they have now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    suaveks wrote: »

Hah, and Klingon blood is RED yeah... Lost my trust in Cryptic by now, long long time ago, however the more i look at these news, the more i get the feeling that KDF faction starts shifting into an NPC faction, already we are "FED alts contraband farmers" faction, everybody will adapt and forget, thank god we can forget things...
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I recorded a video of it, will have it uploaded later :)
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Iconian marks are on tribble. Can I have your stuff?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stupid Iconians. They are going through an aweful lot of trouble. All that they need to do is to open a gateway, throw some red matter through followed my a burning match. Problem solved. :D
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let us show them that our hearts are unconquered!

- Emperor Kahless

Nice but i wouldve like this better

~We will will show them our hearts, then we will show them theirs~

I have a feeling the icnoians are going to wish they hadnt messed with the klingon empire.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was hoping for something Fek'Ihri related, but this looks promising too.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Iconian marks are on tribble. Can I have your stuff?

No no, MINE. Go find your own rage-quitter to loot. :D

I LAWL at the people who are "if they don't release (absurd request) with Delta Recruits I am not playing period the end." So far I've seen T6 Command Connie, T6 Galaxy, Playable Ferengi Faction, Cross-Faction Ferengi, Cardassians Playable Race, and a few other good ones.

LOL while I'm not 100% happy with this game I'm not going to make impossible demands "or I quit playing."