test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warning Credit Card Users!!!

fubanatorfubanator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
if you want to cancel your account you cant!

Even if you confirm to cancel your account it will still charge you!

I have cancelled my account 6 times in the past year and still it charges my Credit card!

I don't even play the game!

Had to cancel my credit card just to stop the billing!

They way I see it they have stole $180.00 from me and I am seeking legal action because they will not respond to any email of why my account is still being charged.
Post edited by fubanator on

Comments

• Options
    reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic ftw.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This will end well.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    fubanatorfubanator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just another way a dieing game trying to pay their bills . Scam arist is what they are
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just popping in before this thread gets closed
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *tosses the troll grenade in*

You know after the what...second time of it not working I may have tried other avenues... just saying...

*now sits back with her popcorn and watches*

Oh and in before lock...
  • Options
    reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    fubanator wrote: »
    Just another way a dieing game trying to pay their bills . Scam arist is what they are

They also resell old things as new and spam for 2 weeks a daily blog lol :D
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Cancel your credit card. Your bank will issue a new one.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They also resell old things as new and spam for 2 weeks a daily blog lol :D

Don't forget to mention.............Lockboxes!!! "Runs away"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    bismarck1975bismarck1975 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, I know this will be closed but I am having the same issue and cannot even get a link to submit a ticket to fix it. Looked all over their support site and Perfect World contact page and even though they list hours of operation to contact them, they do not list a phone number.....:confused:. Not making any claims per se but sure seems shady to me. I will be doing some more digging tomorrow. This particular account shows no credit card info on file and sub canceled but still is being charged.... Very annoying.:mad:
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you are still being charged, than I am assuming you must have agreed to a gold subscription at some point?

Otherwise, I do not know of any reason, as to why re-occurring charges would seemingly commence, other than making more purchases!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They way I see it they have stole $180.00 from me and I am seeking legal action because they will not respond to any email of why my account is still being charged.

Good luck with that... But... Contact your bank/CC company and request the charges be reversed if you feel they are fraudulent...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have seen more then my fair share of "warnings" that was pure fiction. Lets see if this one is true.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You could always try bringing it to the attention of the BBB. Seems they're able to get results. And by the sound of it, you'd be surprised at how friendly Cryptic/PWE representatives become once they've received communication from the BBB.
    Cancel your credit card. Your bank will issue a new one.
    From what I understand, it's become industry practice to basically kill any account that suffers a chargeback. So, while canceling the account may resolve the repeated attempts to hit your credit card for some quick cash, it may also result in your in-game account forever being blacklisted.

In the OPs case, while he may have stopped playing a year ago or more, he didn't say he would never return to the game. I doubt he harbors any illusion of returning after having his credit card violated so many times.

Though, this is hardly the worst case I've ever heard of such practices. Funcom was/is notorious for it, and I could swear I've heard of another developer who managed to charge certain accounts 20x+ in a single month for the same monthly subscription (racking up thousands in total charges), but that might have been Funcom also. EDIT: For some reason, I want to say it was Mythic.

I'm thankful I made my 1-2 zen purchases through Steam; never had a single issue, with delivery or any billing shenanigans of this sort.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You could always try bringing it to the attention of the BBB. Seems they're able to get results. And by the sound of it, you'd be surprised at how friendly Cryptic/PWE representatives become once they've received communication from the BBB.

And what is the BBB able to do to Cryptic or any other Business? All they can do is contact Cryptic about a specific complaint and post whether the complaint has been resolved or not resolved to their satisfaction. Very few people will actually see the rating for Cryptic on the BBB so very few people will be driven away from playing Cryptic games because of a low rating. The BBB has very little effect on a company like Cryptic.

There are very few MMO players that actually check the BBB to determine a company's rating before installing the game. They might check various reviews about the MMO to see what they are getting into and other similar research, but most players are apathetic towards the business side of MMOs. All that most players really care about is are they having fun and is the game playing smoothly with no noticeable lag or bugs.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Instead of canceling the card, you could have them stop payment. Banks do that you know. Also this is why I do all my support through Paypal, I don't have to worry about it. I have an account specifically for paypal/auto deduct. Overdraft protected, it won't bill anything if there's no funds in it.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    And what is the BBB able to do to Cryptic or any other Business?
    That's a good question. In cases like this, they probably do little more than to serve as a third party advocate for the customer, because most customers don't have the slightest clue of their actual rights.

They're also working outside the channels a player would use to contact a company. They're not dealing with GMs. They're dealing with more professional representatives.

It's amusing how many of the Cryptic specific complaints on the BBB weren't just resolved, the player was ultimately overcompensated, but only after the BBB became involved.

Almost every one of the complaints I read there went something like, "I complained to Cryptic about issue XYZ, for days/weeks/months they jerked me around, saying there was nothing they could do, or it was my fault, etc. Finally, after filing a complaint with the BBB, and only after the BBB contacted Cryptic, my issue was promptly resolved and I was compensated."

I think just being able to bypass the GM is the critical factor. It seems GMs don't have all that much freedom to resolve issues, so even when you're not dealing with one who themselves is an ******* it's still quite unlikely your issue will be resolved. And yeah, more than a few seem to enjoy sticking it to players.

They seem capable of finding that rational employee who realizes it's not worth the illwill, or the loss of future revenue from a paying customer, to leave the issue unresolved.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if this is a thread to confirm who has what and someone mentioned they are fine account wise, that would be like a free target to be TRIBBLE at some point... it wouldnt be the first time you got a sick charming person come along and pretend to be nice only to stab you in the back when they are done with your bank account.

who knows with people and that on this planet being typical.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    illoominartiilloominarti Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    popcorns where are the damned popcorns.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A word of warning to the OP:

Just cancelling your credit card to stop the charges will prbably not work as the payments have to be stopped by the party making the charges. If the party still makes the charges but is declined it may end up affecting your credit score and ability to get further loans etc. as you will be classed as a defaulter.

Do everything in your power to make sure the other party is aware of what is happening and get them to stop it!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ellyashtearellyashtear Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i know people love their support tickets and e-mails but sometimes you just have to use the physical telephone and call customer service to get things sorted out... trying to do it through tickets and e-mail, you may as well not be trying at all...
    anytime i have a problem with a game it's straight to the phone, cause i know no game company actually handles their tickets and e-mails beyond automated responses, if there is a real problem, like involving my credit card, i want top speak to a living person about it, not a bot...
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ^ Yeah, but someone upthread mentioned that they couldn't find a numer to phone them.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Write a written letter, detailing your problem and threatening legal action.

Scratch that: have a lawyer write your letter.

It clearly is cryptics fault if a subscription cancellation is not recognized by their system and a lack of support further puts blame on them.

After having had legal counsel, you might be advised to go to your bank and have them undo all payments to cryptic7PWE with the added note as to WHY the money was removed.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone actually believe the OP paid for a Sub for a year rather then coming to the forum and asking one of us to give him the proper Cancel Link, or at the very least trying to get Cryptic's email address for Billing Support - and that does not take into account simply filing a Billing Support Ticket?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And this folks is why you don't use a credit card around these parts. You use a prepaid 'burner card'. Drop your money on the card, pay for what you want. After that they can try to charge that card all they want but they will get nothing.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cancelled my gold sub back in sept. last year never once since then have I seen a charge from this game.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to assume that the OP is a troll, no one would leave it going for that long. 3-4 months, maybe. Plus I doubt any serious person the first place they would stop is general.

I've known people who forgot they were subbed to games for a year or more before actually cancelling. Or they thought they cancelled and forgot to click a button.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually believe the OP paid for a Sub for a year rather then coming to the forum and asking one of us to give him the proper Cancel Link, or at the very least trying to get Cryptic's email address for Billing Support - and that does not take into account simply filing a Billing Support Ticket?

I was thinking the same. You can complain a lot about this game, I certainly do. But this is just ridiculous.

Even if you can't find a phone number on their website, don't you have directory enquiries in the US? You know, a number you call, say who you are trying to contact and they put you through - I am pretty sure such a service could find out the number.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tribblenationtribblenation Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    And this folks is why you don't use a credit card around these parts. You use a prepaid 'burner card'. Drop your money on the card, pay for what you want. After that they can try to charge that card all they want but they will get nothing.

I do one better...am using PayPal.;)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you want to cancel your account you cant!

Even if you confirm to cancel your account it will still charge you!

I have cancelled my account 6 times in the past year and still it charges my Credit card!

I don't even play the game!

Had to cancel my credit card just to stop the billing!

Uh, they will respond to your requests if you're sending them to customerservice@perfectworld.com with the subject billing. They will investigate this.

However, since this obviously is something that cannot be handled by posting on the forums (and it's already starting the whole troll march) I'm going to close this thread.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.