test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlimited Cooldowns/Bounty Hunter's Friend [Video]

sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
Hi people, as promised here is a video showing the effect of full Contractual Agreement lobi set and a 100 subscriber special while i was at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO37jdxpzy4

Effect of that 3 part set is stunning, your cool downs are reduced by 5 seconds each time you use a shield heal.
Sounds kinda meh? In practice it will bring your Alpha, Tactical Fleet, GDF, SNB, Scan, pets, basically every cool down on your ship down 5 seconds each time you use a shield heal.

Combined with AHOD, Reciprocity or A2B this might be the best set by far in the game.

+ some bonuses as a thanks for over 100 subscribers and 1 year of STO videos.

Enjoy.

And yeah,
Iconian Effect ;)
Post edited by sharxtreme on

Comments

• woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dont worry, it will be nerfed soon. Or in this case fixed, as it shouldnt reduce all CDs, but only shield heal ones.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We'll see when. So far it wasn't nerfed lol.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    We'll see when. So far it wasn't nerfed lol.

yeah it's been bug reported many times since DR hit and nothing. The set + All hands on Deck = freakishly OP.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Auxiliary to battery + technicians lowers breen siphon.

Oops...:P
    Didn't try that, what dows it do?
    This reduces absolutely everything on your ship. From boff and cpt. skills to consoles, set bonus abilities and even pets and torpedos without aux power loss.
    Ultimate set for CD reduction and you have practically unbreakable shields when you rotate 4 shield heals lol.
    edited March 2015
    So, do you people think this should remain as it is?

Full set bonus(as described in tooltip) is weak for 600 lobi, but in practice it is great.
    5 seconds cut on every CD on your ship when ever a shield heal is used.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Full set bonus(as described in tooltip) is weak for 600 lobi, but in practice it is great.

No it should clearly not remain like this. What annoys me more then anything... is there is no doubt people spending 600 lobi on this set just to get the bonus. I have no doubt Cryptic is waiting for sales on the set to come in before they bother fixing it. Once everyone that might spend the lobi has they will "fix" it. lmao

Really though all the lobi sets suck accept the time set which was and I guess still is very powerful on a time ship.

The Mine and torp from this set are terrible... the Tetryon set is even worse with useless weapons console and bonuses.
  • gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    No it should clearly not remain like this. What annoys me more then anything... is there is no doubt people spending 600 lobi on this set just to get the bonus. I have no doubt Cryptic is waiting for sales on the set to come in before they bother fixing it. Once everyone that might spend the lobi has they will "fix" it. lmao

Really though all the lobi sets suck accept the time set which was and I guess still is very powerful on a time ship.

The Mine and torp from this set are terrible... the Tetryon set is even worse with useless weapons console and bonuses.

you mean like what they did with t6 and surical strikes? Yeah theres some shady stuff going on imo, i will be holding off on any purchases untill this trend stops
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Full disclosure, I only ever got the Torpedo on one alt and the console for my main. Still debating the worth of the Torpedo and Mine.

What they should do is the same thing they did with the customizable Hierarchy boff: Leave the originals alone, just remove them from further obtainment and replace them with corrected versions.

That way, current players won't be pissed off for the "wasted" Lobi, and future Lobi spenders will not have access to it.

So yes, they should let it remain as-is on existing/already purchased sets, just replace the shop listing with the corrected set.
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »

Although the set is not WAI, I dont see the set powerful enough to change optimal PvE performance.

You are sacrificing 2 beams and 1 console just to get the set when it can easily be replicated by doffs or just having duals in tac abilities ships like scimitar or FPER.

Since the OP is a known PvP player, he might be speaking from a PvPs standpoint. But then again, the set is not WAI. So who knows if they will fix it or not.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It will most likely get a fix, as the Dev's seem to not ever favor anything that reduces cd's on such a wide scale but, not before they rake in some profits first of course!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited March 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Although the set is not WAI, I dont see the set powerful enough to change optimal PvE performance.

You are sacrificing 2 beams and 1 console just to get the set when it can easily be replicated by doffs or just having duals in tac abilities ships like scimitar or FPER.

Since the OP is a known PvP player, he might be speaking from a PvPs standpoint. But then again, the set is not WAI. So who knows if they will fix it or not.

You are right that it is a trade of. but it isn't much of a sacrifice for some setups.
    Combined with AHOD or A2B you get constant APA, very fast TF/IF, and on science ships with high damaging aux/partigen based uni consoles you get all your console and set bonus powers cooled down, without drop of aux power and even slow reloading HY torps or mines.
    On healers you get cool down for most OP healing console from Kobali set.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »

Well with Surgical Strike getting a nerf... you may be right.

However for the record.... I have put 4 DHC and one Omni beam with the mine and torp in the rear on a T6 Warbird and parsed 60k DPS with SS3 and Sub override 3 both at global...

and consider this... you trade 2 weapons... BUT you end up with 15s BETWEEN your APA. lol

When I parsed 60+k DPS I had Go down Fighting up pretty much the entire round. (it didn't end that fast... I was simply able to use it 3 times... this set is BROKEN)

EDIT... for the record I also have the set on a Sci Sci and I can't remember I never parsed it but got a number from someone on my team awhile back it was somewhere in the 50k range. Cause ya TBR 3 at global GW at global... sensor scans for anything I was shooting at that had hull (I think it was around 35-40s between scans) It also reduces the cool downs on consoles... and THINGS LIKE ISO CANNON. Iso canon every 20s is stupid. :)
    It will most likely get a fix, as the Dev's seem to not ever favor anything that reduces cd's on such a wide scale but, not before they rake in some profits first of course!

Exactly they where made aware of this bug within a few days of its release. MONTHS ago.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What they should do is the same thing they did with the customizable Hierarchy boff: Leave the originals alone, just remove them from further obtainment and replace them with corrected versions.

That way, current players won't be pissed off for the "wasted" Lobi, and future Lobi spenders will not have access to it.
    I'd rather they leave the OP version available, than they make it exclusive to whoever currently owns it.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ouch, that is pretty bad. But I wonder how many here were around when a certain Embassy DOFF was popular long ago. If you want to talk about epically reducing CDs, that bugger could do it in spades.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited March 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Ouch, that is pretty bad. But I wonder how many here were around when a certain Embassy DOFF was popular long ago. If you want to talk about epically reducing CDs, that bugger could do it in spades.
    Embassy doffs weren't that long ago. just few seasons.
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Anyone who purchases based on something that is obviously Not WAI. Can't gripe about it afterwards. They knew going into it it could/should get fixed at some point.

But, The number of people that would pay that kinda lobi for what looks like a Useless set im sure is in the Minority and not at the top of the Bug fix list. Unless it gets out of hand....Then see my first line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Embassy doffs weren't that long ago. just few seasons.

Season 7, and before BOTH expansions to STO were ever put out. That was about 2 years ago or so now.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.