test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scryer question

valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
Im considering buying it and i do like the trait, but my question is can i equip the vestas aux cannons?
Post edited by valkarie14 on

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    Im considering buying it and i do like the trait, but my question is can i equip the vestas aux cannons?

nope. The Aux cannons are only for the vesta.

The scryer, however, is a great ship.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That is the only ship I got for the trait. I have flown it, the intrepid, and the vesta.

The Vesta is by far superior. The Intrepid is also better. It is also absurdly ugly.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With Reciprocity, the Scryer is fantastic. It's everything the DSD should have been. Load up Surgical Strikes 3 and Override Subsystem Safeties 3, it's brutal. Or you can go with torps and/or a straight science build.

Having a trait and Intel debuffs makes this ship innately superior to any T5 ship.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I fly the Scryer on the rare times I PvP. Generally I fly a Pathfinder but the Scryer is just a beautiful ship.
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another consideration is what profession are you. If a science captain you may not want Intel to replace your best science abilities, and without Intel it only has looks (if you like them) to recommend it over the other T6 science ships. I have it, I like it, I fly the Pathfinder though because it looks better to me (kit bashed though, not pure Pathfinder).
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valkarie14 wrote: »

My question about it would just be customization, if you bought just the scryer would the nacelles be customizable still
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cant use surgical strikes 3 on my scryer i mainly going for a shield stripper build, refracting tetryon beams with dyson torp, grav well to pull them in and tet to strip shields and torp for the grav damage