Comments

• chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I Support More Love For Kdf!
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    For once I agree with you

But its a cross-faction queue because Geko is STILL around. I would be fine with a Romulan-only stf called "The Order of the Raptor" where you defend Mol'Rhian, and a Starfleet-only stf where you defend Paris or San Fransisco. But this will NEVER happen with Geko

i would love some faction specific pve would make people reason to play with others factions besides fed (i have 1 toon on each but i mostly play with my fed)
    cmon devs catch our hints!!!! we want this!!!!(i know there is the minefield but that is a ghost town now) side story arcs for each faction would be great too endgame content have to much joint operations!!!
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • breezer007breezer007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hmm ground combat, no tx i'll pass.

Haven't done it ever since i had 2 make some SF girl who couldn't handle her **** a nerve tonic and i had 2 take pen and paper 2 advance in the Q.
    Whoever came up with that part of that quest should be happy he's not working for the KDF, as he surly would have been executed for incompetence.

So far i'm only exited 2 c the sector space revamp and sector space is basically a really fancy fast travel menu.
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Conquering or destroying Earth would not hit the Klingon Empire much, nor the other empires - there is always a belief that the Federation is too soft, and the humans especially so. But in turn - Humans have proven to be resilient and resourceful - a major strike like that would most likely just make the survivors even more determined to bring the fight to the enemy. Little is more dangerous than a human backed into a corner, and imagine the entire species feeling like that! They could rally the remains of the Federation like no one ever before, and any more frightening - all the moral and ethical reservations they usually have might be lost. You don't often see humanity fight dirty, but the times it happened, it wasn't pretty, the least for the source of their anger.

That remind me of what Quark said in the Siege of AR-558 (DS9 Season 7 Episode 8)

"Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people – as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts... deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers... put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time... and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people will become as nasty and violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon. You don't believe me? Look at those faces, look at their eyes..." - Quark to Nog

And would love a mek'leth and horray for KDF themed STF
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That can be fun, especially as S'tass will remember that little jaunt on DS9. It'd be a good callback to have it come up in dialog.

Even as a Romulan, I'd be super jazzed if we ended up fighting alongside S'tass again.

Seeing him punch Iconians with his bare hands...er, claws....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now the Iconians will hear the warriors song and the cry of battle! WE ARE KLINGON!! QA'PLA!!

Note: This should be a Klingon-only queue while the feds and Romulans get their own version

If you want this queue to be just as empty as any other Klingon only queue then go ahead.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    Well if you use the game metrics of player population

1 Klingon is about to fight the enemy and he hears behind him a federation transporter beam

And 4 Feds are there to back him up !

My Klingons would love hearing that sound
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • redeemer6666redeemer6666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hope this leads to the eventual gutting of that quivering usurper "J'mpok" and the return of our true chancellor, good ol Martok.

Seriously tho the in-game lore makes no mention of a body, did J'mpok atomize him or something cos i thought these kinda disputes were solved with big-TRIBBLE Bat'leths???
    Betting hes been in on it all along and clearly he used some kinda foul Iconian sorcery to imprison and torture our fearless leader......again lol -(Dominion War)

Qo'noS in flames? Me and my fellow Gorn brothers should make our long awaited move and leave all you silly soft-skins to die, mwahahahaha

How in hell did these guys curb the Hegemony? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrzdKzQTf8
  • neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Awesome!

I play most on elite ground pve, i really enjoy it so a new one is very appreciate.

Just a idea, maybe it's good or impossible, dunno, but how about introduce some daylight/night/weather cycle on all of them ?
    For example you play one bug hunt on sunny (actual) then when you do it again it's start raining after that again maybe raining hard with thunderstorm and things like this.

It will be all client side so no lag will be add to the server

Anyway good job.
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Awesome to have some Klingon Content!
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? When the Iconians tricked the Undine into attacking, the Undine specifically targeted Qo'nos with a Planet Killer. Now the planet is directly under attack again by Herald forces. Why is everyone so intent on destroying Qo'nos? It's possible they're targeted simply because they are fierce warriors, but what if it's more than that? Maybe Qo'nos is of interest because the people targeting them are the ancient Hur'q? They're apparently from the Gamma Quadrant and in the 14th century, they sacked the homeworld and stole the Sword of Kahless. It was so devastating that the Klingons still talk about 1000+ years later.

I think it would be a neat way to set up a future expansion into the Gamma Quadrant. Right now we're dealing with the attack on this side of the Galaxy by the Hur'q. Then we managed to stop their advance and force them into retreat. So then we regroup with our allies and decide to take the fight to them, which leads us into the Gamma Quadrant. If i'm not mistaken, (and I might be since it has been a long time since I've played it), doesn't the Klingon campaign speculate that the Hur'q could be responsible for the Fek'Ihri attack? If they are, they could tie this altogether with a remastering of the Fek'Ihri missions.

This is just a random theory, I could and probably will be totally wrong.

My first thought was a new Qo'noS ground invasion would make remastering the Fek'Ihri ground invasion of Qo'noS easier, they've just built all the maps for it! Maybe it won't take as long as it was sounding and at the same time they could better tie it to the Iconian storyline.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is good for the ones who do group playing. It would be nice if the solo guys had some missions to go with this. To help out.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tried this last night... very good.

Though what about having a cycle of Klingon themed maps similiar to the Undine assault mission?

We've got Qu'nos... what about the interior of a Klingon ship? or the old Qu'nos social zone?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Iconian servitor, meet Mister Blammo, my shotgun and Miss Slasshy-stabbity-stab, my bat'leth - You'll soon be VERY aquainted with the duo...
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    Iconian servitor, meet Mister Blammo, my shotgun and Miss Slasshy-stabbity-stab, my bat'leth - You'll soon be VERY aquainted with the duo...

Iconian servitor, meet Dahar Master Shanara, her ABAP rifle, her nano-pulse bat'leth, and her utter badassery.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    This is good for the ones who do group playing. It would be nice if the solo guys had some missions to go with this. To help out.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Though what about having a cycle of Klingon themed maps similiar to the Undine assault mission?

We've got Qu'nos... what about the interior of a Klingon ship? or the old Qu'nos social zone?
    These are capital ideas both, and could work well with an idea I had for breathing life into the Colony Invasion queue (reference). As a bonus, folks who complete the solo missions could subsequently be able to run cutsceneless versions of them for speedruns, with clear times posted to a leaderboard.

Now, since folks are making introductions, it can't hurt to follow suit... sort of.
    With pistol(s) and sword we will purge them from Qo'noS;
    They shall know the bone-chilling cold of fields endothermic, the burn of radiation hyperonic;
    The sluggishness from the electrogravitic, and the nanoprobes' creeping terror;
    And with their dying breaths, they will realize that we know no fear!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even as a Romulan, I'd be super jazzed if we ended up fighting alongside S'tass again.

Seeing him punch Iconians with his bare hands...er, claws....
    Whoa whoa whoa now.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't fight alongside S'tass, everyone wants to fight alongside S'tass. He's the games premiere Ambadassasador.
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Well if you use the game metrics of player population

1 Klingon is about to fight the enemy and he hears behind him a federation transporter beam

And 4 Feds are there to back him up !

My Klingons would love hearing that sound
    My question is would it finally shut Koren up?
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? When the Iconians tricked the Undine into attacking, the Undine specifically targeted Qo'nos with a Planet Killer. Now the planet is directly under attack again by Herald forces. Why is everyone so intent on destroying Qo'nos? It's possible they're targeted simply because they are fierce warriors, but what if it's more than that? Maybe Qo'nos is of interest because the people targeting them are the ancient Hur'q? They're apparently from the Gamma Quadrant and in the 14th century, they sacked the homeworld and stole the Sword of Kahless. It was so devastating that the Klingons still talk about 1000+ years later.

I think it would be a neat way to set up a future expansion into the Gamma Quadrant. Right now we're dealing with the attack on this side of the Galaxy by the Hur'q. Then we managed to stop their advance and force them into retreat. So then we regroup with our allies and decide to take the fight to them, which leads us into the Gamma Quadrant. If i'm not mistaken, (and I might be since it has been a long time since I've played it), doesn't the Klingon campaign speculate that the Hur'q could be responsible for the Fek'Ihri attack? If they are, they could tie this altogether with a remastering of the Fek'Ihri missions.

This is just a random theory, I could and probably will be totally wrong.

On the one hand I love the continuity and logical progression here.

On the other hand, I loathe the idea that all evil and malice in the game is traced back to the Iconians.

There's clearly an Iconian Communications sphere in the picture, so they're involved. So attaching the Hur'q *spit* to those vipers would shrink the universe in my view.

That said, I'm all for taking it to the Delta Quadrant and remastering the Fek'lhri and other Klingon missions.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Nobody is saying they shouldn't fight alongside S'tass, everyone wants to fight alongside S'tass. He's the games premiere Ambadassasador.
    You get a cigar, sir, for spawning such a .sig-worthy line. Consider it... appropriated.
    My question is would it finally shut Koren up?
    Earlier, I'd pointed out that having the good ambadassador present in this event could make for some interesting dialogue.; this is also true for Koren.
  • odoetalodoetal Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gentemen/women
    start your warp engines!!!! the race to teabag the invaders of Qo'nos begins!!! i wonder will there be an '' illogical '' or '' thats just wrong '' accolade for humilating your downed foe :eek:
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa now.

She.

Gorn genders were never officially laid out in the series, and honestly the only way you can tell a male lizard from a female is size (females are generally bigger) and by, ah, getting the males "excited" (their paired hemipenes will evert from the cloaca in preparation for mating).

Anyway, semi-canon material says that female Gorn are bigger, so...yeah. I think that S'taass is female.

Doesn't make her any less awesome when she rips out a Jem'Hadar's throat with her bare hands. Or (hopefully) decapitates an Iconian minion boss with a bite.

S'taass is awesome.
  • cryhavok101cryhavok101 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ground battle on the klingon homeworld? This should have been the next battleground instead of a queue.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A new queue. Nice. But, as will happen with all queues, it'll either die quickly like the Undine queues, or people will go private on them to avoid noob pugs.
    Well, Undine infiltration is a queue that actually works even if you have one noob along. It does not have silly mission goal that a new player ALWAYS causes to fail, unlike most other queues. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    To be fair, it's hardly the develeoper's fault that Fleets in this game are good oil' boy networks for people who aren't leader enough to teach fights to noobs.
    In most MMO you don't need to go through a boot camp with guild to manage to do an instance one step above normal.

As for raids things might be a bit different, but that would be closer to elite.

Bah, I blame design fully on Cryptic since I can see no one else that is responsible for the design of DR. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    She.

Gorn genders were never officially laid out in the series, and honestly the only way you can tell a male lizard from a female is size (females are generally bigger) and by, ah, getting the males "excited" (their paired hemipenes will evert from the cloaca in preparation for mating).

Anyway, semi-canon material says that female Gorn are bigger, so...yeah. I think that S'taass is female.

Doesn't make her any less awesome when she rips out a Jem'Hadar's throat with her bare hands. Or (hopefully) decapitates an Iconian minion boss with a bite.

S'taass is awesome.

ummm... I... Holy... sh*t... I never thought S'taass was female... Im freaked out now...
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummm... I... Holy... sh*t... I never thought S'taass was female... Im freaked out now...

Don't be. Just treat her VERY politely so she doesn't use those claws on you.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015

S'taass is a dude, enough said.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    S'taass is a dude, enough said.

S'Taass is female.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    S'taass does not conform to your silly notions of male and female
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    S'Taass is female.

Clever girl.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Klingons are a more open, more aggressive warrior. When push comes to shove, the Federation - and Humans in particular, seem to be the more dangerous race. As to 'softer target' - the average human is a much less able fighter, but Earth just went through a serious fortification after ESD was seriously damaged. I doubt the only 'upgrade' Earth got was the Starbase. Look how many npc ships constantly patrol Sol now.

In either case, to Qo'nos, and to victory!

Though in a little over a year going from 'shooting Klingons' to 'saving Klingons' is going to be an interesting change.

I remember what someone said in one of the shows, the reasons humans fear war, isn't because of blood shred or destruction but because we fear just how good we are at warfare. An I think that was from a klingon basically admitting humans are better warriors than the Klingons.