test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Ground runs

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
So, since space has been getting quite laggy, more of my friends are getting in on the ground stuff...

It's really nice to get a team that knows exactly what to do to prevent the optionals from failing. It's even nicer when the team are almost all tacs so we can cycle our abilities.

A problem that arises from this, is that while the hostage rooms require decent coordination or fail... the boss rooms are extremely easy... too easy.

the advanced runs are meant for people just hitting 60. Well, we folks who are capable of doing 300 dps in IGA are bored. from first shot to last shot, we can do IGA in 10 minutes. We can do KGA in 7 minutes. CGA though is still the same because of the amount of time it takes to get to the transformers.

HGE is... a toss up... while the first three stages are... decent and can be challenging... the boss fight is hit or miss, because the boss can toss you off the platforms and then 85 percent of the floor lights up... if you're not fast enough to hurt the boss before the next wave.

So what are we asking for?

I don't know about the others (what they want), to be honest...

but for IGE. Same timers, but can the bosses be harder? That includes the mini-boss. I don't mean ramp up his hitpoints, no... but... add something more to make it difficult... like have the bosses supported by elite drones. Those buggers are nasty, especially when they knock you on your back. Then when we engage manus, on all 4 corners, beam in the elite drones. :D Oh and 20 percent more hitpoints and a little bit resistance to manus.

KGE? Hmmm... Perhaps we have to clear the room first, so we can lower a forcefield around the boss, then beams in 4 elite borg teams... Timer the same.

CGE: For the boss more hitpoints, maybe 30 percent more and some resistance, plus make him move faster. Timer needs to stay the same as the fastest we can run and we still have 2 minutes left on the clock. That's if nothing goes wrong,

Thoughts? I'd really like to see elite content for those maps now that I'm nearly done maxing out my commando tree (intel is done already)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,306 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah um no. Its hard enough getting a good group together for the grounds and you want to make the!em harder? Then no one will want to run them.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    Yeah um no. Its hard enough getting a good group together for the grounds and you want to make the!em harder? Then no one will want to run them.

not the advanced, noooo... the elite versions.

and no, it's not that hard for the SWAT fleet to get a team together.

also, 200, 400, 600 dps channel for ground can yield some pretty awesome players.
    edited March 2015
    not the advanced, noooo... the elite versions.

and no, it's not that hard for the SWAT fleet to get a team together.

also, 200, 400, 600 dps channel for ground can yield some pretty awesome players.

Yeah but ypoure average player has trouble with those ques what you propose will eliminate a large portion of the few who do the Borg ground ques still.
  • rokesmithrokesmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ground STFs have been almost worthless to run with the most recent changes, at least with a PUG.

It's great for you that you have a good group to run it, but most of us have to contend with at least one guy a run who is either firing blanks the whole time or has a dozen injuries.

Heck, even Infected _Space_ has been more miss than hit recently, unless I'm in a sci ship and can crowd control the nanite spheres personally.

They don't need to be harder. If anything they need to tweak the changes to what is optional or not.

Honestly, I'm actually missing the early days when Omega gear dropped at random according to the RNG gods whims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Yeah but ypoure average player has trouble with those ques what you propose will eliminate a large portion of the few who do the Borg ground ques still.

Trouble? Most people don't know how to play ground stfs. We elite grounders are patiently waiting for the elite versions to test ourselves.

Honestly, if we're comparing time on IGA completed (my best time for saving the hostages is 4:20), it's gotten too easy for us. Ground runs aren't hard if you have abilities and know how to use them.
    rokesmith wrote: »
    Ground STFs have been almost worthless to run with the most recent changes, at least with a PUG.

It's great for you that you have a good group to run it, but most of us have to contend with at least one guy a run who is either firing blanks the whole time or has a dozen injuries.

Heck, even Infected _Space_ has been more miss than hit recently, unless I'm in a sci ship and can crowd control the nanite spheres personally.

They don't need to be harder. If anything they need to tweak the changes to what is optional or not.

Honestly, I'm actually missing the early days when Omega gear dropped at random according to the RNG gods whims.

KGA can be done with a team of 3. I've actually amused myself watching 2 of the high dpsers do it themselves. I was impressed there...

CGA is a team of 3.

HGA is a team of 3.

IGA, well... this... is extremely dangerous to pug... but I've done it with a team of 4 and we pugged it. the pug was constantly TRIBBLE it up, but we pulled it off.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Advanced runs get kinda.. boring after a while. Too easy. We need those elites, for more challenge.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited March 2015
    Advanced runs get kinda.. boring after a while. Too easy. We need those elites, for more challenge.

The timers is our only challenge, to be honest.
    edited March 2015
    The timers is our only challenge, to be honest.
    Yeah, exactly.

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Have you tried it with common mk II gear?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited March 2015
    Have you tried it with common mk II gear?

See this is what you guys need to do. You want something that's a challenge for you while you're in your full maxed out equipment. You can easily just get some weaker stuff and then bam much more challenging.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Trouble? Most people don't know how to play ground stfs.
    True.
    KGA can be done with a team of 3. I've actually amused myself watching 2 of the high dpsers do it themselves. I was impressed there...
    To us KGA is not complete unless you have wiped out all the borg. Never skip Elites, lol. We usually have 4+ minutes left when we complete the optional, depending on how the PuGs with us do.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, since space has been getting quite laggy, more of my friends are getting in on the ground stuff...

It's really nice to get a team that knows exactly what to do to prevent the optionals from failing. It's even nicer when the team are almost all tacs so we can cycle our abilities.

A problem that arises from this, is that while the hostage rooms require decent coordination or fail... the boss rooms are extremely easy... too easy.

the advanced runs are meant for people just hitting 60. Well, we folks who are capable of doing 300 dps in IGA are bored. from first shot to last shot, we can do IGA in 10 minutes. We can do KGA in 7 minutes. CGA though is still the same because of the amount of time it takes to get to the transformers.

HGE is... a toss up... while the first three stages are... decent and can be challenging... the boss fight is hit or miss, because the boss can toss you off the platforms and then 85 percent of the floor lights up... if you're not fast enough to hurt the boss before the next wave.

So what are we asking for?

I don't know about the others (what they want), to be honest...

but for IGE. Same timers, but can the bosses be harder? That includes the mini-boss. I don't mean ramp up his hitpoints, no... but... add something more to make it difficult... like have the bosses supported by elite drones. Those buggers are nasty, especially when they knock you on your back. Then when we engage manus, on all 4 corners, beam in the elite drones. :D Oh and 20 percent more hitpoints and a little bit resistance to manus.

KGE? Hmmm... Perhaps we have to clear the room first, so we can lower a forcefield around the boss, then beams in 4 elite borg teams... Timer the same.

CGE: For the boss more hitpoints, maybe 30 percent more and some resistance, plus make him move faster. Timer needs to stay the same as the fastest we can run and we still have 2 minutes left on the clock. That's if nothing goes wrong,

Thoughts? I'd really like to see elite content for those maps now that I'm nearly done maxing out my commando tree (intel is done already)

Need challenge? Play in pugs and try not to get nerve breakdown of pure fun. :)
    edited March 2015
    KGA can be done with 2, yeah. Done it. :P

edited March 2015
    rakija879 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea actually, LOL...
    KGA can be done with 2, yeah. Done it. :P

I think you were one of the two I was watching. me and my two mates were the pugs apparently. Effective pugs but the mission was being done without talking to us at all though. It'd be blown up before we even got to the generator. LOL
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    See this is what you guys need to do. You want something that's a challenge for you while you're in your full maxed out equipment. You can easily just get some weaker stuff and then bam much more challenging.

This.
    rakija879 wrote: »

And this.

Or you can challange yourself via different goals, personal ones and not DPS related, since that pretty much destroys the fun out of it. Like sometimes I chalange myself to keep the team alive without a single death, pugs or not. And that can be very challanging, I must say.

Its really a shame that threads like these would probably cause in the end grounds to get the same route as the space ones have. Not that folks pug grounds anyway, but still...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    True.

To us KGA is not complete unless you have wiped out all the borg. Never skip Elites, lol. We usually have 4+ minutes left when we complete the optional, depending on how the PuGs with us do.
    Yeah, I keep doing it in premades where the team leader thinks you don't have time to kill all the Borg....

Somehow I'm always the one who gets shot repeatedly while the leader runs past the Borg....

and yes, this is one of those missions where the Borg can root you with EG field.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2015
    I think you were one of the two I was watching. me and my two mates were the pugs apparently. Effective pugs but the mission was being done without talking to us at all though. It'd be blown up before we even got to the generator. LOL

Ah-ha.. when I pug, I get in, kill sh*t, get out.. :D

Although, if I see people struggle with something, I usually try to help... but not too much. From my experience, people hate to be told to do something... <.<
    I do this, for example, by running KGA with just 2 people... bad is, I always need to make a private queue of 5 and ask these three people to leave... which is tedious. Cryptic, let me start a private STF undermanned... pretty please? Challenge is where the fun is! :D

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I'd have to agree, that the grounds are a cake walk. Ok so they've swapped out a few dozen drones for their elite counterparts essential a damage sponge. They should leave the majority of the game play in normal and Advanced as it is, I wont argue that point. Because like others have said a good portion of the player base aren't as familiar with ground combat as some of us.

But the bosses do need buffing up a little. Armek being one example, He gets killed before he has chance to finish the second part of his little speech even with a barely competent pug team. His orbital strikes used to be able to pretty much one shot most players outside of being ground tanks, now even Tac officers pick themselves up, dust themselves of and run right back into the thick of it.

Rebecca Simmons as from personal experience been dropped in around 7 shots and didn't even tickle the team, the only true challenges are the timer and trigger lines, again normally when either someone's not familiar with the mission or you get a wanna be Rambo on the team. The only draw back to the current STF's is the damn AoE knock back from the Elite drones, I'm assuming this is a bug of some description because when it hits it knocks down everything including other drones.

More to the point we need the ELITE versions of the original ground missions. And for the love of god Cryptic/Dev's please dont take the easy route by ramping the HP's again. Give us some real challenge and again not with enforced timers like the space versions. Look at making a dynamic map if its possible one where objectives and the mission evolves as we progress through.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited March 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    ... now even Tac officers pick themselves up, dust themselves of and run right back into the thick of it...
    ... hey, cough cough... you got a problem, fleetie? I love to tank with my Tac & I'd not do things any other way just to appease some MMO 'standards' & you of all people know how efficient I am at it too, harharhar! :D

As a side note - yeah, they should leave the Normal/Advanced as is, and make Elites super yummy for us, ground enthusiasts.

But, similary, more damage sponge and more HP is not exactly what I have in mind, as far as challenge and yummy in one sentence go. Make the Elites being possible to be ran with only 2 & 3 people, just enough people required for being able to get all the objectives, where team-split is needed. (Room in Kithomer and consoles in Infected)

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I think the advanced are about right

They need to add the Elite versions

personally I think they need to add a iron man version where if your killed your out of the STF, That could be a LOT of fun
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    ... hey, cough cough... you got a problem, fleetie?

Lol I wasn't referring to that ;), more so with Honour guard and Maco/Omega gear :P.
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I think the advanced are about right

They need to add the Elite versions

personally I think they need to add a iron man version where if your killed your out of the STF, That could be a LOT of fun

The majority of Advanced is, they just seemed to have cut the balls off the bosses (pardon my french) they need to bring them back on par where they were with the old Elites, and yes to introducing the elite versions. As for the Iron man version, could you imagine the nerd rage? I've been in pugs where players have spent more time dead/respawning, and getting back into the fight, than they actually have spent fighting. But it would be interesting.

Another idea though, ground version of No win maybe?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited March 2015
    Lol I wasn't referring to that ;), more so with Honour guard and Maco/Omega gear :P.
    Haha... well, OK, I won't slap you with a large trout... for now. :D

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

The majority of Advanced is, they just seemed to have cut the balls off the bosses (pardon my french) they need to bring them back on par where they were with the old Elites, and yes to introducing the elite versions. As for the Iron man version, could you imagine the nerd rage? I've been in pugs where players have spent more time dead/respawning, and getting back into the fight, than they actually have spent fighting. But it would be interesting.

Another idea though, ground version of No win maybe?

The bosses are weak now nothing like the old elites

Ground no Win ?.....................I would be so on to that one

personally Iron man would separate the Men from the Nerds :P and from those in the Q that don't belong there in the first place

One dies another from the wait line joins is what I would like

I would love to see the Space STFs done this way too with a Iron man Difficulty
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

The bosses are weak now nothing like the old elites

Ground no Win ?.....................I would be so on to that one

personally Iron man would separate the Men from the Nerds :P and from those in the Q that don't belong there in the first place

One dies another from the wait line joins is what I would like

I would love to see the Space STFs done this way too with a Iron man Difficulty

I want ground no win... hmm I think I'll make a thread on that, yeah!