test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you could have any scifi ship for your home?

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hrmm, I'd probably have to go with an Apocalypse-class battleship from the Imperial Navy.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse-class_Battleship
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's got to be a Danube Class Runabout for me.

Either that, or my very own TARDIS.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Agreed. Even if Abrams had made that choice, it doesn't change that it was a good one. Hell, I even agree with them choosing to basically 'start over' with the new Star Trek films. There is a TON of backlog from the decades of building up the universe over the years. If anything Star Wars had it WAY worse than Star Trek ever did in that regard.

Let's be honest, there have been way, WAY more Star Wars games, shows, books, etc (and most of them actually be decent at minimum for the most part) than Star Trek has had. So there's a lot to try and sift through otherwise.

Dumping all of that extra EU stuff really lightens the load as it were. It does mean losing some really good stuff being considered 'canon', like the Thrawn** trilogy for example. But I'd rather have a Star Wars movie NOT having to juggle a thousand different things.

BESIDES...there's no way Abrams can make a movie worse than *insert your most hated of the Star Wars movies here*.

**Side note: Jeffrey Combs as Thrawn? Anyone else think they could see that happening?
    Also... despite what some would claim... the EU for Star Wars wasn't exactly a seamless whole. It was a giant continuity snarl that could only be resolved by separating it into multiple divergent timelines or parallel universes... or both.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First choice, the TARDIS of course.

Second choice, the Liberator from Blake's 7
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also... despite what some would claim... the EU for Star Wars wasn't exactly a seamless whole. It was a giant continuity snarl that could only be resolved by separating it into multiple divergent timelines or parallel universes... or both.

You do have a point in some select cases, mostly the clone wars era and the stuff that was written before ESB was released. Outside of that I respectfully disagree with what you and the others have said, but I don't want to derail the thread so I won't go into specifics. What's done is done, there's no changing it now.

I do wish someone would write some decent Star Trek stuff though, everything I've ever tried just hasn't been very good. Did the Romulan War books turn out good?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited March 2015
    It's got to be a Danube Class Runabout for me.

Either that, or my very own TARDIS.

We think alike. DON'T PANIC! :P (Got your towel with ya?)

The OP said "home" so I'm thinking in terms of something I can live in/control pretty much on my own. Death Star doesn't seem to qualify. Runabout does. TARDIS does, since the ship contributes to her own care, being sentient. That leads me to a third choice:

Andromeda Ascendant, which, with an AI that has both an avatar and a small army of androids at her command, can go a long way in making a large ship livable for one guy or a small family.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You do have a point in some select cases, mostly the clone wars era and the stuff that was written before ESB was released. Outside of that I respectfully disagree with what you and the others have said, but I don't want to derail the thread so I won't go into specifics. What's done is done, there's no changing it now.

I do wish someone would write some decent Star Trek stuff though, everything I've ever tried just hasn't been very good. Did the Romulan War books turn out good?
    Try the Corps of Engineers books.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whatever ship the writers declare as the "Hero" ship.

So it won't get blown up until a major movie comes out.
  • Options
    zyriounzyrioun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Ob'enn Thunderhead-class superfortress ("Schlock Mercenary"). OP as hell, as a mercenary you can be paid to not use it.

TARDIS. Because TARDIS. Just make sure it has a rolly ball piece and Ten's severed hand. Because TRIBBLE 11.

Death Star, because who doesn't like destroying planets? :D Only problem is parking.

If you're flying the Death Star, you can literally park in Orbit as a planets "Moon", and you can know for a fact that no one living on the planet is going to ***** at you.

As for me, i was thinking Moya just because the idea of teaming up with a Living ship sounds pretty cool, but barring that i'd be happy with a Sovereign or Excelsior. Star Destroyers are pretty awesome but they are so big you have to literally take a tram, inside the ship, to get to work every day. Might as well live in New York.

That's not actually true, any EU that was considered C Canon was considered as part of the same universe as the Movies and Cartoons, and was strictly monitored by Leland Chee and the story/licensing division of Lucasfilm Ltd. for continuity, several EU writers have stated there's a strict vetting process and your work is combed over for continuity checks, and if Lucasfilm or Lucas himself doesn't like something, you have to rewrite.

The lower levels of canon were not considered part of the same universe, however generally fans don't even consider them as EU either because of that, and they don't have the Lucasfilm approval tag on their book.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps the Normandy SR2.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015

In the last ten years of Trek novels have been very good and continuitiy-wise, they were mostly all connected. However in the last 15 years of Star Wars novels have nearly all suffered the same formula, trying to over shadow each series. There has to be a bigger baddie, someone who better than Luke, everyone forgets that Skywalker and the Solos have saved the universe numerous times, but they will remember that one time where some secondary character's heroics. I'm in the re-read of the last big series, where the Jedi are again hated, another Galactic Civil War, another super Sith, coupled with some Super-Fettness.

Back to the question, If i had to live on a ship, I would go for the Galaxy. Its big enough for you not to go nuts on the how big it is, yet small enough not be super noticeable if there are big baddies, and the ship is powerful.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TARDIS of course, but since everyone chose that..

SUPER GALAXY DAI GURREN!!!!

(Must be in all-caps, name shouted as loudly as possible)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    In the last ten years of Trek novels have been very good and continuitiy-wise, they were mostly all connected. However in the last 15 years of Star Wars novels have nearly all suffered the same formula, trying to over shadow each series. There has to be a bigger baddie, someone who better than Luke, everyone forgets that Skywalker and the Solos have saved the universe numerous times, but they will remember that one time where some secondary character's heroics. I'm in the re-read of the last big series, where the Jedi are again hated, another Galactic Civil War, another super Sith, coupled with some Super-Fettness.

I was in the minority here, but what you said is why I loved the New Jedi Order series, it took everything in a different direction, made the Empire allies, presented an enemy that was not Sith, and revolved around an invasion rather than insurgency. Yes, there were consistency issues between authors, but the story itself was very entertaining and unique for Star wars.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I'd have to pick the TARDIS. Or perhaps the Heart of Gold (from THGttG).

Thinking a little less "cosmic", I'd "settle" for either the Millennium Falcon or Serenity.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Custom" Constitution class (NCC 1701 no blanking anything), preferably TMP refit but could go ToS, with one slight "customization":

Installation of a Starblazers Wave Motion System (entire assembly) in the secondary hull, with opening deflector dish of some sort to allow the front of that system to work...

That and maybe those magnetics that turn an asteroid field into a "ring of rock shield"... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's think about this logically:
    If I was to choose a ship to live on, at least for me comfort would be a high priority, combatpower wouldn't. In that area Starfleet ships have a lot going for them: replicators, transporters, usually comfortable furniture. I also don't want a giant ship that requires me to deal with a big crew to keep it running. Rather something small just for me or me and some friends. A Runabout would be a good choice. I would of course modify it a bit: get rid of science labs and cargo modules to have more living-space, put in a proper kitchen (I like cooking), maybe even a miniature holodeck, if I can fit it.

Now a Runabout is fine for one or two people, but at some point in the future I might have to think about accomodations for a family. So let's take a look at something a little bigger. A small science ship like the Raven might be an option. Or if I look at other franchises maybe a tramp-frighter like the Eureka Maru, Serenity or the Millennium Falcon.

On the other hand there are intelligent ships, that mostly control themselves and therefore need only little crew. A Tardis would of course be a good candidate. Very compact at the outside, travels through time and can make all sort of things, including evcery kind of room, you might need or want. I also like the Farscape-Leviathans. It would require me to have a pilot as additional crewmamber, but I am fine with that. It's a similar story with a Commonwealth starship, but if I had the choice I'd probably take one of the others.

Now let's toss logic aside and go with the "because it's f*****g awesome"-choice:
    The Arcadia from Space Pirate Captain Harlock. I mean it's a space ship with a giant f*****g skull at the front that has red glowing eyes. It has unlimited energy and is basically indestructible, so you could just ram it into whatever enemy you're dealing with (I like to call that the "Harlock-Maneuver":D). And the back looks like an old pirate-ship, and the interiors look awesome, and it's controlled by a steering wheel, and it has cannons, that rotate around the ship, and it has a flag that waves in space, and it generates a cloud of black smoke everywhere it goes. Basically that ship is made out of pure awesomeness. :D
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was in the minority here, but what you said is why I loved the New Jedi Order series, it took everything in a different direction, made the Empire allies, presented an enemy that was not Sith, and revolved around an invasion rather than insurgency. Yes, there were consistency issues between authors, but the story itself was very entertaining and unique for Star wars.

I was referring to The Dark Nest trilogy, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi. However, the NJO was stretch way too long, to the point they were literally redoing the first half. Though one of my favorite EU stories was NJO's Star by Star.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    *screaming nerdgasm, then passes out.*
    worffan101 wrote: »
    ...yeah, that'd be my reaction, too.

Well, I'm glad the idea is liked. It just kinda...came to me. I mean, I could totally see him in blue makeup, playing a more 'military' role, as a member of an 'Empire', who has a dominion over space as it were, and on top of all that, being a very high ranking member of said Empire.

Dunno where I get these nutty ideas. Next thing I think of might have me end up saying Mr. Combs should play a Ferengi.

Y'know, I will say that one annoyance from the Star Wars EU would be that they made the Emperor, or the Empire in general into some kind of 'superweapon fetish'. I mean, the movies already brought us the Death Star and Death Star 2.0

Other novels brought us things like...the Death Star Prototype, the Galaxy Gun, the Eclipse* and Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyers, the Star Forge, among others, and oh yes...the most ridiculous of all, the SUN CRUSHER.

*Which I do love actually, so it's a guilty pleasure.

Though, in fairness, Star Trek has fallen into this 'superweapon fetish' too, and even worse, their superweapon stuff is CANON. See: the Red Matter thing creating black holes, and Soran's trilithium thing that can destroy whole star systems with a single probe/missile.

Now, to actually answer it for myself, a Galaxy class, at least in regards to having a ship for a 'home'. It's already got a tremendous amount of space for families and all that, so knocking down walls and closing off hallways wouldn't be an issue. Obviously I'd have a minimum crew, but they would live in the stardrive section, and I'd live in the entire saucer. As an added bonus, if I was attacked, I could separate the saucer from the stardrive and leave.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    galatt wrote: »

I prefer a ship didn't blow up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2roO4Kl7Y so it's a TARDIS for me.

OH, wait.....
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Atlantis has beaming technology. That can be modified to create a replicator so it's all good there :D
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Firefly class Serenity. A very cute ship, plenty of space, goes like the clappers. You can keep all your super powered galaxy conquering ships. I just want a good ship to call home. I would need an engineer though.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eagle Transporter from Space: 1999. You could probably live in the pod section. Either that or a Cobra Mk III from Elite.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I was referring to The Dark Nest trilogy, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi. However, the NJO was stretch way too long, to the point they were literally redoing the first half. Though one of my favorite EU stories was NJO's Star by Star.

Yeah I didn't even finish legacy of the force ... Jacen/Darth Caedus was written as a bumbling idiot rather than a credible villain, which turned me off.

I did enjoy fate of the Jedi for the most part, but i did have a few issues here and there, like the existence of a dark side entity with the power of a god. The biggest problem is the ending, with Vestara staying sith, creates a BIG continuity issue, cause Ben really needed to have a son ASAP for his great grandson to be born in time for the legacy comics.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    zyrioun wrote: »
    That's not actually true, any EU that was considered C Canon was considered as part of the same universe as the Movies and Cartoons, and was strictly monitored by Leland Chee and the story/licensing division of Lucasfilm Ltd. for continuity, several EU writers have stated there's a strict vetting process and your work is combed over for continuity checks, and if Lucasfilm or Lucas himself doesn't like something, you have to rewrite.

The lower levels of canon were not considered part of the same universe, however generally fans don't even consider them as EU either because of that, and they don't have the Lucasfilm approval tag on their book.
    That's the idea.... I don't think that's how it actually worked out in the end though. I suspect the people who vetted the stories paid more attention to whether they directly conflicted with the movies than anything else. *see below*
    Y'know, I will say that one annoyance from the Star Wars EU would be that they made the Emperor, or the Empire in general into some kind of 'superweapon fetish'. I mean, the movies already brought us the Death Star and Death Star 2.0

Other novels brought us things like...the Death Star Prototype, the Galaxy Gun, the Eclipse* and Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyers, the Star Forge, among others, and oh yes...the most ridiculous of all, the SUN CRUSHER.
    Yeah, the first thing I wonder about those is how/when did the Empire find the time to build them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On the other hand there are intelligent ships, that mostly control themselves and therefore need only little crew. A Tardis would of course be a good candidate. Very compact at the outside, travels through time and can make all sort of things, including evcery kind of room, you might need or want. I also like the Farscape-Leviathans. It would require me to have a pilot as additional crewmamber, but I am fine with that. It's a similar story with a Commonwealth starship, but if I had the choice I'd probably take one of the others.

Now let's toss logic aside and go with the "because it's f*****g awesome"-choice:
    The Arcadia from Space Pirate Captain Harlock. I mean it's a space ship with a giant f*****g skull at the front that has red glowing eyes. It has unlimited energy and is basically indestructible, so you could just ram it into whatever enemy you're dealing with (I like to call that the "Harlock-Maneuver":D). And the back looks like an old pirate-ship, and the interiors look awesome, and it's controlled by a steering wheel, and it has cannons, that rotate around the ship, and it has a flag that waves in space, and it generates a cloud of black smoke everywhere it goes. Basically that ship is made out of pure awesomeness. :D

If we're talking sentient starships and Leiji Matsumoto creations, then how about the Swordbreaker from "Lost Universe"? One of the ancient "Lost Ships", she is the avatar of Canal Vorfeed, one of the freaking gods of their universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Universe
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My first choice would be definitely Sovereign class starship, and my second choice would be Atlantian city-ship from SG - Atlantis

And I forgot to mention my third (well, it should be first choice actually) choice which would be Dragonstar class advanced cruiser (battlecruiser) :D It looks like a Sovereign/Nebula/Intrepid crossover ship with a ecliptic pointy saucer (Odyssey saucer looks the most similar to this), upper module at the back of the ship, behind the saucer (the triangular type like the one Nebula class have), a small secondary hull (stardrive section) with the deflector dish like the one on Intrepid class, and three warp nacelles pointed downwards like on Nebula and Akira class starships (two at each side and third one underneath secondary drive).
    A ship would be perfect for any role, but she would be mostly combat oriented.

Here are her specs:

TYPE: Advanced cruiser (AC) – Dragonstar class
    LENGTH: 480 m
    BEAM: 200 m
    HEIGHT: 100 m
    DECKS: 24 (excluding nacelle sub-decks and non-habitable decks)
    MASS: 3 050 000 metric tones
    CREW: 550 standard (400 enlisted and 150 marines)
    PROPULSION: 2 quantum-slipstream warp cores feeding 3 quantum-slipstream warp nacelles; 4 hyper-impulse engines
    WEAPONRY: 5x type XII phaser arrays, 7x type XI phaser arrays, 8x pulse phaser cannons mark II and 6x Rotating dual cannon pulse phaser turrets; 8x forward and 4x aft rapid firing torpedo launchers (400 photon, 200 quantum and 100 transphasic torpedoes)
    SPECIAL WEAPONRY: 2x phaser cannons type XX (at the ventral hull of saucer section), 1x quantum-pulse cannon and 2x transquantum torpedo launchers (1 forward and 1 aft) + 50 transquantum torpedoes
    DEFENSE SYSTEMS: High capacity regenerative shields, heavy structural integrity field, tetraburnium/tritanium double hull
    SPECIAL DEFENSE SYSTEMS: Advanced regenerative ablative armor (30 cm)
    WARP SPEED (TNG SCALE): Normal cruise – warp factor 8, Maximum cruise – warp factor 9.9 for 24 hours, Maximum rated speed using quantum slipstream drive – warp factor 20 for 2 hours
    EXPECTED HULL LIFE: 100 years
    SPECIAL FEATURES: Phased cloaking device, 2 torpedo replicating devices, AI computer core, tachyon sensor grid, virtual targeting screen, astrometrics lab, ability for masking warp signatures and impulse engine emissions, EMH mark II, atmospheric entry and planetary landing capability, underwater submersion ability
    SUPPORT CRAFT: 10x workbees, 10x type 20 shuttlepods, 8x type 9 shuttles, 6x type 11 shuttles, 4x type 12 shuttles and 2x Pathfinder class patrol crafts stored in 2 shuttlebays; 26x Dragoon Fighters stored in fighter bays
    CARGO CAPACITY: Approximately 35 000 metric tones

There might be some equipment and other things that you wouldn't recognize, so I'll explain them to you. I believe you are familiar with the most but there are some I came up with for my ST based novel I'm trying to write (I'll be posting topic about it soon :D).

So let me start with rotating dual cannon pulse phaser. These are just like the Defiant's cannons, only mounted at a retractable turrets with ability for full 360 degree rotation. While they are mostly used for defense from incoming torpedoes and enemy fighters, they can be used as offensive weaposn as well. Their number depends of the size of vessel using them and her power plant too. So the more powerful and/or bigger starship will have more of them.

Now onto the phaser cannons type XX. These ones are actually canon, but differently called. In STO they are referred as phaser spinal lance. However, this are much more powerful from spinal lances in STO. In firepower they equal or even supersede the Ent-D's spinal lance from ''All Good Things '' episode. That weapon can deal serious amount of damage on hull and is able to heavily drain shields, therefor it is defined as special weapon or superweapon.

Second superweapon or so called transquantum torpedoes is my original weapon (yeah, Abrams kind of stolen idea with that red matter thing :P). They are the most powerful torpedoes in my storyline, able to penetrate both shields and armor after they violently explode before creating artificial quantum singularity and literally tearing apart anything they hit. Since they are very difficult to produce, there is limited amount of them on ships and they also require special launchers. As such they've been also listed as superweapons.

Torpedo replicating devices - I think you all already know that in canon ships have limited amount of torpedoes, and they are probably restocked at starbases or they could be replicated at ships themselves. But even if the ship has ability to produce them on her own, I do believe such process takes some time, so I came up with this device. So, torpedo replicating device is making this process faster and automated as well. It still takes some time to create torpedoes, therefor ship can still run out of them, but in the end she will have ability to replenish some of them even during the combat.

Type 12 shuttlecrafts - while smaller they type 11, these are faster, more versatile and better equipped from all the previous shuttlecrafts. Besides standard two nacelles, they do have a third one too and a special weapons pod.

Pathfinder patrol craft - they are somewhat specialized runabouts with more advanced systems and equipment.

Dragoon fighters - a replacement for now obsolete Peregrine fighters. She has more teeth and better defense capabilities from any other support craft. With her, a skilled pilot can easily outmatch even a frigate type vessel. Besides heavy armament and advanced defense capabilities she also have a special land vehicle like the Argo shuttle. However, these land vehicles are not like the Argo's buggies. They actually resemble an armored personnel carriers which have mounted pulse phaser cannons.

And that's all I think :D
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Me? I'd go for the Glorious heritage class Warship, aka one of the Andromeda ascendents sister ships (or a recreation)

Great survivability (nanobots heal the ship in battle), a plethora of offensive armaments including slipfighters (manned and ai) ,antiproton cannons and turrets, let alone a delicious amount of kinetic kill weaponry whose role is not explode - merly punch holes through a ship (hydrostatic forces hurt)

Pl,us on top of that, the ship ai can use a very cute android body :)

That said, I wouldn't mind finding some starfleet issue replicators in a salvage run....I'd miss proper, pre-magog war earth food
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the first thing I wonder about those is how/when did the Empire find the time to build them?

Indeed. It's odd, so many books and such gave the Empire this almost...magical level of practically unlimited resources. I don't care if you have most of a galaxy to work with, with the kind of, dare I say, wastefulness of building HUGE weapons time and time again.

Some of them made sense to me, like the Death Star Prototype. After all, it was just more to prove that it could work over anything else. Or the World Devastators. Basically giant flying factories that slurped up anything they could and used uber-replicators (basically), to churn out new ships from fighters to a decent sized cruiser and immediately put it into battle. Certainly efficient.

It got silly though with stuff like the Tarkin or the Sun Crusher. Let alone all the TRIBBLE made in the 'Old Republic' days. Must be a Sith/dark side thing. A side effect of goin evil gives you a superweapon fetish.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Indeed. It's odd, so many books and such gave the Empire this almost...magical level of practically unlimited resources. I don't care if you have most of a galaxy to work with, with the kind of, dare I say, wastefulness of building HUGE weapons time and time again.

Some of them made sense to me, like the Death Star Prototype. After all, it was just more to prove that it could work over anything else. Or the World Devastators. Basically giant flying factories that slurped up anything they could and used uber-replicators (basically), to churn out new ships from fighters to a decent sized cruiser and immediately put it into battle. Certainly efficient.

It got silly though with stuff like the Tarkin or the Sun Crusher. Let alone all the TRIBBLE made in the 'Old Republic' days. Must be a Sith/dark side thing. A side effect of goin evil gives you a superweapon fetish.
    also.... It's just plain odd to have the actual Republic build ANY giant weapon.

The Empire? sure... but the Empire wasn't around that long.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing