What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic needs to be more forthcoming about these Delta perks

2»

Comments

• rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Why do I get a feeling that if you were in a certain role, your answer would be "Yessir! How big a starship do you want, sir? Right away sir!"

Why do I get the feeling you would get the entire crew killed with your continuous questions and complaints?
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    Preparations? How about

-- More ships to buy (if you want to try a different school than your main has)
    -- More essentials from Lobi store
    -- More DOFFs to buy
    -- More lockbox traits to buy
    -- More manuals for training BOFFs

And expect the EC spammers to swarm like flies over this, with that increased demand for more EC.

It's a lot more expensive to get a new toon up to speed than when STO was on Season One.

how about ...buying nothing at all just level the noob up then make it a farmer. Zero investment get the trait for my real leveled up toons

well many veterans feel that way no need to level another toon , I sopose new people or people with one toon would want to follow your suggestions

Im not even buying ships I wont fly for traits on my main toons...not falling into that trap
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hummm....My thought as one poster pointed out. One more toon to be forgotten to the grind. My thoughts also are they know allot of us rememebr romulan toon comeing out, it was a massacare on main toons then, and it will be agian....But hey does ne one else remeber that? ... Back to point they are still working on something fair i bet and probally want to lock in everything before the white wash of text come's flying at them....
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »
    Hummm....My thought as one poster pointed out. One more toon to be forgotten to the grind. My thoughts also are they know allot of us rememebr romulan toon comeing out, it was a massacare on main toons then, and it will be agian....But hey does ne one else remeber that? ... Back to point they are still working on something fair i bet and probally want to lock in everything before the white wash of text come's flying at them....

Unless Delta Recruits (and only the actual Recruits) get things on the order of Superior Romulan Operative and the Scimitar current "mains" will be safe.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I have it on reliable authority that more blogs are coming. I have no idea what they're going to be about specifically, but they're coming.

That is pretty much as saying "I have it on reliable authority that there will be a new tomorrow... tomorrow". :P

For some reason Cryptic seem to thing that we get excited by these blogs dealt out evenly in the time before an event.

But I am not that excited since I know it will just be more grind if this alt is to catch with my main, which is not very likly to ever happen with the dil cost that would take. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Preparations? How about

-- More DOFFs to buy

And expect the EC spammers to swarm like flies over this, with that increased demand for more EC.

It's a lot more expensive to get a new toon up to speed than when STO was on Season One.

It is? Blue TOS Phaser Beam Arrays and TR-116's should work exactly the same way as they did before. Ships bought account-wide are still the same availability and any other items you might need (DHC's, Torps) arent that expensive at common/ uncommon levels. Up until the really high levels, why schuck out for VR/UR stuff?
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rjay1985 wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling you would get the entire crew killed with your continuous questions and complaints?

Don't bother rjay , sounds like hes trolling you.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm also waiting patiently to see what these so-called "account wide perks" are going to be. If they are worth it, great. I'll roll a new character and power level him to 50, then delete him. If not then I won't waste my time doing another character. I do know I personally won't be playing all the episodes because that trait is, in my opinion, about as useful as teats on a bull. In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging along with my main, and waiting to see.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To the OP, I want to know what's up, too, but we all just have to be a little patient. :)
    Preparations? How about

-- More DOFFs to buy

Ships, DOffs, Traits, Manuals/BOffs, ok, I've got all that... But curiously, what items from the Lobi store do you consider to be essentials for a new character?

(No sarcasm, I genuinely want to know... Is there something in there I'm missing?)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And why do I get a feeling that you only want "more details" so you can find some obscure "flaw" to start a tempest in a teapot over?

Nope. I just want to know if it's worth rolling a whole new toon for. As I mentioned, there's a LOT of cost in leveling/gearing up a new character in this game in a post-DR universe, and I'd like to know if it's worth the time and money (actual money).

Do the new Deltas retain anything special after the event is over or do they just become regular type characters afterward? That's one good question to ask.
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

how about ...buying nothing at all just level the noob up then make it a farmer. Zero investment get the trait for my real leveled up toons

well many veterans feel that way no need to level another toon , I sopose new people or people with one toon would want to follow your suggestions

Im not even buying ships I wont fly for traits on my main toons...not falling into that trap

Exactly! I don't want to flush my account's "lifes savings" into some trap. If Deltas retain some perks after the event then that may be something worth pursuing. But if they just become plain old regular toons after the event is over, well then I'll just stick with my main.
    edited March 2015
    I'm also waiting patiently to see what these so-called "account wide perks" are going to be. If they are worth it, great. I'll roll a new character and power level him to 50, then delete him. If not then I won't waste my time doing another character. I do know I personally won't be playing all the episodes because that trait is, in my opinion, about as useful as teats on a bull. In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging along with my main, and waiting to see.

Finally! Someone with some REAL answers aside from the Cryptic Toadies who prefer to be treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed BS).
    edited March 2015
    To the OP, I want to know what's up, too, but we all just have to be a little patient. :)

Ships, DOffs, Traits, Manuals/BOffs, ok, I've got all that... But curiously, what items from the Lobi store do you consider to be essentials for a new character?

(No sarcasm, I genuinely want to know... Is there something in there I'm missing?)

Well for example, the Tachyokinetic Converter is a must if you are going to be in a Cruiser or any other larger ship. Otherwise, your ship is going to steer like a dump truck full of Rush Limbaughs.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With less than two weeks to go, and Cryptic has been pretty vague about what would make a Delta recruit so different compared to our "classic" characters that we have been playing for over the past half decade. It would be quite a lot of cost to create and level a whole new character in this game these days, and I haven't really been "sold" yet on whether it's worth the investment.

Sadly, this is how they always do things. They spread the information out a little along the way, feeding bread crumbs. Then, as it get closer to the event, they will start giving a little more of the information that will determine whether or not people will grind another character.

A lot of times, the final information will not come out till after the event has been going for a while. Though, I am not sure if that was the way it was intended, or if the one that was in charge of releasing it just wasn't doing their job properly. Seems like that information always came too late. lol.

Then, there are times when they take this time to release information that they think players will like more, and then they hit at the last min with the things about it that players may not like much. Maybe hoping that the suspense will wash away any bad decisions they may have made.

Either way, it will need to be a lot more than some trait, and a few perks for me to start that grind all over again. I have 12 characters from before DR, and unless there is a grind event like CC/mirror/winter/summer/anniversary, I leave all but one sitting now. Whereas I used to play on all of them the same, and had no need for a main before DR.

Plus, after getting them to level 50, the grind to 60 will be much longer, and harder now than before after this last nerf to Argala, and the patrols. So there will need to be a huge incentive for me to do that uber-grind again.

I know this is focused to get new players in the game, and to increase their metrics. But there are better ways to do both, and not make even more grind for existing players. I hope they see that, and will start fixing things.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yeah, I fly lots of slow ship and I don't bother with the tachyokinetic convertor. It's useful but... not that useful. The other I've heard mentioned a lot if Bounty hunter's friend.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nope. I just want to know if it's worth rolling a whole new toon for. As I mentioned, there's a LOT of cost in leveling/gearing up a new character in this game in a post-DR universe, and I'd like to know if it's worth the time and money (actual money).

Do the new Deltas retain anything special after the event is over or do they just become regular type characters afterward? That's one good question to ask.

Sorry, but I'm calling absolute bull**** on this...

There's only a cost associated with rolling a new character if you choose to spend money on them!

Once again, we have a player blaming the developer for the player's actions, and that player's total lack of self control...

You don't want to spend money? Easy... Just use your existing account-wide unlocks, BoA hand-me-downs and post them a few spare Boffs and Doffs to get them started... This is exactly what I plan to do, and why I'm gonna be rolling a KDF-aligned Romulan (possibly Alien) as, despite the Feds having the most ships, this gives me the best CStore unlocks and I have an excess of Nausicaan Boffs, then there's marauding of course...

I don't see anything that you absolutely, positively MUST buy for a new alt... Especially when this was your opening statement :
    ... I haven't really been "sold" yet on whether it's worth the investment.

Other than the time taken to play the new character, you're not required to invest any thing what so ever...

Episode rewards are more than adequate while leveling, rerunning a few episodes at max level will more than adequately gear your character for Advanced STFs - once again, you've not spent a single cent of real currency...

Hell, you can gear a character upto Advanced STF level without even spending in-game currency!...
    Exactly! I don't want to flush my account's "lifes savings" into some trap. If Deltas retain some perks after the event then that may be something worth pursuing. But if they just become plain old regular toons after the event is over, well then I'll just stick with my main.

But what difference does knowing the perks now, or in the days before the event starts actually make? Absolutely nothing... Again, you are playing right into Cryptic's marketing ploy... The fact you're ******** about the lack of information means they've caught you hook-line-and-sinker with the vague blogs released so far...

Despite what you apparently believe about others, you've demonstrated here just how easily lead you are...
    Well for example, the Tachyokinetic Converter is a must if you are going to be in a Cruiser or any other larger ship. Otherwise, your ship is going to steer like a dump truck full of Rush Limbaughs.

No, it's not mandatory, not even on a Cruiser - once again, as I said above, there is nothing that stipulates you MUST buy items like this for a new character... You are choosing to buy this stuff...

As others have said, this thread seems to be more about finding fault in the proposed event, so that you can whinge about it on the forums, than it is about Cryptic's lack of forthcoming information...
    Finally! Someone with some REAL answers aside from the Cryptic Toadies who prefer to be treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed BS).

Left this till last as your post here is a pretty typical troll move... Disregard all the other reasoned and realistic opinions given, until you hear that one comment that mirrors your own attitudes, then attack those reasoned oppinions as being 'company shills', rather than refute what they've actually said simply because you cannot...

You sound like an anti-vaxxer...

You want to know the most amusing part of all this... Your uncontrollable NEED to buy all this stuff, for an alt you apparently don't even want, means Cryptic have their capitalistic claws into you hard... You might claim you're a free thinker, but you're just another easily lead sheep... A sheep who is ready to attack Cryptic on the forums with the rest of mob, all the while you clamour to buy up all the shineys in-game but don't even realise it...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It seems pretty simple (to me anyway).
    I'm going to level a new KDF Romulan toon. I've been grinding the Dilithium to get a T6 Command Tac warbird for about four weeks on three (my fourth has been giving his daily to fleet), toons and I should have the 540K or so to get it in the next couple of days. That's actually for my main Tac Romulan, but its just a nice perk that this chap should have an endgame ship to fly in. That's just personal of course.
    But for the rest, I'm going to throw him some doff packs, a couple of boosters for various things and maybe some crafted stuff I would usually vendor.
    Getting a new toon through the story is not difficult, time consuming yes but not difficult and it doesn't HAVE to coast you a penny.
    Ill use some old C-store ships and freebees to make the grind more enjoyable, and decide if I am ever going to "invest" in any further way, (be it time, cash or both) until after the event.
    I do wonder about lasting perks yadayadayada, I'll just be patient. Knowing today makes no difference to knowing tomorrow to my mind.
    The only thing that does bother me is time spent levelling this new character is time taken away from my others, but that's nothing mahoosive to worry about as I imagine many other people will be doing the same thing meaning I wont fall too far behind my comrades.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make it a KDF or Rom-KDF, get it to 50, rep grind Omega tier 3 and Dyson tier 4 for the assimilated engines and counter-command core, and otherwise set it up for some light doffing. Give it enough gear to handle farming CCE or some other event, and call it a day.
    imruined wrote: »
    Hell, you can gear a character upto Advanced STF level without even spending in-game currency!
    I'm thinking there might be an interesting challenge in there for the community to get involved in. Something like, top DPS using only rep gear, mission rewards and free ships, no c-store, lockbox, or R&D, only blue doffs or weaker, and maybe an additional restriction or two, with bonus points for themed builds.

Something to showcase just how feasible it is to hit 10k without a multi-million EC bankroll, hundreds of dollars in real currency, or the support years of playing provides.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You don't want to spend money? Easy... Just use your existing account-wide unlocks, BoA hand-me-downs and post them a few spare Boffs and Doffs to get them started... This is exactly what I plan to do, and why I'm gonna be rolling a KDF-aligned Romulan (possibly Alien) as, despite the Feds having the most ships, this gives me the best CStore unlocks and I have an excess of Nausicaan Boffs, then there's marauding of course...
    Actually... if you're like me and have the pre-order borg boff, and the delta ops pack, you can give a character a full boff team right out of the starting gate. Granted 3 are INTEL boffs and will need training on using regular ships, but they're still good boffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Actually... if you're like me and have the pre-order borg boff, and the delta ops pack, you can give a character a full boff team right out of the starting gate. Granted 3 are INTEL boffs and will need training on using regular ships, but they're still good boffs.

And even if those aren't an option purple boffs are by no means prohibitively priced on the exchange. Optimum boffs (ie. romulan and reman boffs with the best quality space traits) may be but if your eye is just on creating a workable build you are not required to may ANY large purchases in creating a new alt.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited March 2015
    Sorry, but I'm calling absolute bull**** on this...

There's only a cost associated with rolling a new character if you choose to spend money on them!

Once again, we have a player blaming the developer for the player's actions, and that player's total lack of self control...

I don't see anything that you absolutely, positively MUST buy for a new alt... Especially when this was your opening statement :

Other than the time taken to play the new character, you're not required to invest any thing what so ever...

Episode rewards are more than adequate while leveling, rerunning a few episodes at max level will more than adequately gear your character for Advanced STFs - once again, you've not spent a single cent of real currency...

Hell, you can gear a character upto Advanced STF level without even spending in-game currency!...

But what difference does knowing the perks now, or in the days before the event starts actually make? Absolutely nothing... Again, you are playing right into Cryptic's marketing ploy... The fact you're ******** about the lack of information means they've caught you hook-line-and-sinker with the vague blogs released so far...

Despite what you apparently believe about others, you've demonstrated here just how easily lead you are...

No, it's not mandatory, not even on a Cruiser - once again, as I said above, there is nothing that stipulates you MUST buy items like this for a new character... You are choosing to buy this stuff...

As others have said, this thread seems to be more about finding fault in the proposed event, so that you can whinge about it on the forums, than it is about Cryptic's lack of forthcoming information...

Left this till last as your post here is a pretty typical troll move... Disregard all the other reasoned and realistic opinions given, until you hear that one comment that mirrors your own attitudes, then attack those reasoned oppinions as being 'company shills', rather than refute what they've actually said simply because you cannot...

You sound like an anti-vaxxer...

You want to know the most amusing part of all this... Your uncontrollable NEED to buy all this stuff, for an alt you apparently don't even want, means Cryptic have their capitalistic claws into you hard... You might claim you're a free thinker, but you're just another easily lead sheep... A sheep who is ready to attack Cryptic on the forums with the rest of mob, all the while you clamour to buy up all the shineys in-game but don't even realise it...

Wow! SOMEone's certainly got the buttmads. STO is designed as P2W. ANyone who hasn't noticed that is in denial.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow! SOMEone's certainly got the buttmads. STO is designed as P2W. ANyone who hasn't noticed that is in denial.

Guess I've been playing it wrong for 5 years then. Silly me! Good thing we had an "expert" come by and set us all straight. :rolleyes:
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Once again, rather than actually refute anything I have said, you throw up a strawman argument and simply disregard the entire post...

STO is not Pay2Win - never has been... It's Pay4Convenience...

There is nothing in game that requires you to spend any real world currency to obtain... Pay2Win entails you are required to spend money in order to excel... This does not apply to STO, never has - you can however fast-track your progress by spending money, rather than obtain those items through in-game sources...

If you truely believe this, you are the one in denial as, quite frankly, you come off as wanting to feel as if you're being victimised and bullied by the Big Bad Developer into spending money, because you are in denial over your complete lack of self control...

And, if anyone has the 'buttmads' it would arguably be yourself for even start this thread and whinge about Cryptic not disseminating information at the pace in which you want...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg