test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy class

Comments

• jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally I find it irritating how the Tier 6 pathfinder has an Intrepid costume option yet the Tier 6 Guardian has no Galaxy class costume option, if it did I would gladly buy it in a heart beat.
    But if I must settle for the Tier 5-U version then so be it, a Federation character is incomplete without the beauty and majesty of the legendary Galaxy class Starship. ;)

The Guardian isn't an exploration cruiser. However a new T6 exploration cruiser is coming. First - they screwed up and listed a third console to the Galaxy 3 piece set, they fixed it really fast. Second, on Reddit someone posted the graphic to the new T6 Exploration cruiser's hull graphic (the thing that shows your health in space), along with a T6 Negh'var.

So a T6 Galaxy is coming, we just don't know when or what it has yet.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    My thought on the consoles is - most cruisers get the 5th eng console, and the Galaxy at T5U already has a 5th eng console, so I don't see her successor getting something different. The Fleet variant got a 5th eng console, the T5U variant got a 3rd tac console. So I think the safest assumption is - a T5U and T6 will have the same console layout and a T5U fleet and T6 fleet will share the same layout.

Yeah, I can see where you come from and I have to agree that it's a distinct possibility.
    My trail of thought was that the console layout would possibly be something different than the Guardian, seen how it's got 3/4/3, it's multi role and not slanted towards science or tactical - therefore I expect the Guardian to get a 3/5/3 console layout at fleet level. Not to say that they can't have the same console layout at fleet level, that's a distinct possibility as well.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Something in lines of this would be my personal bet:

Pic 1

Pic 2

I'm not sure I follow you, but I think I do - are you saying that the fleet variant must have a 5-th engineering console because it's a cruiser or are you saying that you expect that because the Fleet T5 Exploration cruiser got a 5-th engineering console?

Because if it's the former, what they said is that class specific ships will only get a 5-th console compatible with their career profile, but they didn't say that every "full/fleet" version of any ship necessarily has to have a 5-th console of one kind at all. That'w why I went with 3/4/4 on a future fleet variant.
    If it's the latter you're saying - well....yeah, then we're left to Cryptic logic and I'm afraid that usually doesn't end well. *sigh*

Because with a Boff layout of:

XXXX
    TRIBBLE
    XX
    XX
    XX

It will still be the chump of the T6 Cruiser roster, just as it's predacessor was and is the chump of the T5 Cruiser roster. I'm still holding on to some left hope that after all these years of player complaints - they won't make the exact same mistake again. And since exploration does not resonate with a tactical cruiser much, I feel it's natural that a second Lt.Cmdr would be sci.
    And because it's a new ship I'd assume Cryptic would want to sell well instead of turning out to be a flop.

But now that you said it, and seeing how a double D is suposedly out of the equation (and we know that she was the one that got the *good* layout), plus remembering that it's Cryptic we're dealing with - I wouldn't put what you and others pointed to past them, even though I personally think it would be a dumb decision to make and a bad direction to take.

Overall, nice looking model, but that model looks like you forgot half the ship. I like the hull material, the engines, and the shape of the saucer. However, the engineering section needs to be completed/extended. It looks disproportionate to the saucer.
    edited March 2015
    papesh1 wrote: »
    Overall, nice looking model, but that model looks like you forgot half the ship. I like the hull material, the engines, and the shape of the saucer. However, the engineering section needs to be completed/extended. It looks disproportionate to the saucer.

That's the thing - the engineering section of this model is in it's "neck" and that's only the deflector at the bottom. :) And I think it's suposed to look unique and different like that.
    Personally I've loved this desgn ever since I saw it and I hope the new ship has this as a skin option, since in the era of Perpetual - this one was suposed to be the new Enterprise and the successor of the Galaxy Class.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see where you come from and I have to agree that it's a distinct possibility.
    My trail of thought was that the console layout would possibly be something different than the Guardian, seen how it's got 3/4/3, it's multi role and not slanted towards science or tactical - therefore I expect teh Guardan to get a 3/5/3 console layout at fleet level. Not to say that they can't have the same console layout at fleet level, that's a distinct possibility as well.

There can still be "hope" that there will be something different.

See, the Pathfinder got the T5U Intrepid retro layout. This however is different from both the Defiants and the Galaxy's T5U retro layout for some reason. They could now decide to not get the T5U retro layout on the new ship but to shuffle it like they did with the intrepid back then, maybe making a eng/sci/tac layout of 4/4/2. But 4 sci consoles without the boff stations to go with it seems odd and the possiblity for them to grant the explorer a second LTC seems too distant for me. Then again they could make a Explorer with LTC sci and a Negh'Var with LTC tac. But then the Negh'Var would just be any other battlecruiser on the red side.

You see, even though everything is laid out before is there is still room for debate and surprise XD I am also genuinely curious what the gimmick console will be. A pet (Calypso)? But what does the Negh'Var get? A support pet of it's own, the big ventral cannons or something else?

I think this is the first time I am genuinely, well, "excited" about a new ship because I don't mind the current boff layout that much so I would be happy with a pthfinder'ed one. The real deal for me is to see how the ships look - do we get a Galaxy skin revamp? Is the T6 Explorer pretty? Will the Negh'Var get the "Regent's flagship" skin and will the original skin be overhauled? What's the gimmick? :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If it remaining a engineering heavy thing make the engineering commander slot a hybrid with command.

It is absolutely vital to not have a pure engineering slot. Pure engineering is horrible.

In fact, just go look at the eclipse: that thing is awesome with its intel/engineering hybrid seat. Because you can trade it ****ty engineering for dope intel powers and not lose a thing.

Take the boff seating from the eclispe, re roll the intel to command, put that on the new galaxy. Done.

Consoles are fine too, copy those too.
    For the galaxy the 3 tac consoles are enough.

Make galaxy Dread skin options available. In fact roll all that up into this t6 ship.

Give the player the option to fit the lance as a console power. (and if he does, the ship gets a n add-on visual that is the lance module. Like you can switch on the borg stuff. But this time its forced on when the lance console is equipped.)

See? You have a 100% money maker there.

Take the eclipse, reroll to command, make available ALL galaxy related parts, add the phaser lance as a console power that forces the visual add-on for the lance module if equipped.
    So players can choose their saucer, neck, nacelles, number of nacelles (2 or 3) shape and form and everything as they please.

Players can decide if they wan to to give up the console slots for the 3 set that lowers the lance cooldown to 1 minute 20 seconds.

Heck if you want to make use of something you did earlier, make the lance an inbuild weapon like the proton guns on the dyson ships.

The console serves as an activator(and as a tool to signal that this player has the lance equipped): All subsystems bar weapons take a 75 point energy hit while the lance is active, and the lance will continue to pulse until the player switches it off again.

See? Stop double dipping with 2 galaxy variants and just make one really customizable one.

You.
    Will.
    Earn.
    Vads of money.

Aaaand i do not think one needs to stress how you should avoid the failure of an revamp that was the last one....
    Perhaps its would be best to gag the person responsible for that one.
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I am genuinely, well, "excited" about a new ship because I don't mind the current boff layout that much so I would be happy with a pthfinder'ed one. The real deal for me is to see how the ships look - do we get a Galaxy skin revamp? Is the T6 Explorer pretty? Will the Negh'Var get the "Regent's flagship" skin and will the original skin be overhauled? What's the gimmick? :D

I'm with you on that one, I have used "chump" ships because I liked the looks for the entirety of this game. :D

I was just stating the facts. With a layout like that it will be the chump of the T6 cruiser line, even immediately compared to the ones already availible. No doubt about it. Unless it's a new profile of specialized ship and has a worthwhile specialization Boff powers that would use Commander and Liuetenant hybrid Boff slots. That could potentially change things.
    Another thing I noticed - what we're talking about here is an exact replica of the Concorde in both Boff slots and console slots. What are the chances for them to make/allow that? This implies the potential of seeing something different on a T6 Exploration Cruiser.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited March 2015
    It's the 'third set console' that has me curious. Are we going to get something awesome the Galaxy did in the show?

Torpedo Spread Sierra - Torpedo High Yield 2/3 on 4/5 targets in firing arc?

The heavy deflector beam from Best of Both Worlds? - The MACO beam isn't the same thing at all - this would be a 'sustained 10 second blast of all the ship's power levels.

Maybe even a special weapon to shut us Galaxy fans up.
    Galaxy Class Heavy Phaser Beam Array mk xiv (accx2, dmgx2 (like the Galor beams)) - 1.5 times the damage of a comparable base phaser array, but not quite the damage as a dual beam bank - with the full beam array arc.

And the trait? What kind of trait would she have?

Tenacity: Gain a 1% damage reduction for every ship attacking her, stacks 10 times?

Represent: For every allied ship within 10km, gain 2.5 to each power level, stacks 5 times?
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will say as i said in many other threads about the galaxy, it's because engineering powers. They don't work well together due to too many shared cool downs and the amount of bad powers at commander level doesn't help either.

Engineering powers as whole need to be both re-imagined and added to. A few would be so easy to buff to like boarding parties , make them beamed in so you'd have to get close to the apposing ship but it's a instant debuff, acteon beam no more damage so it doesn't get stripped by haz emitters, and perhaps a ROF and cooldown debuff. Especially at commander level.

I really hope they revisit engineering as a whole powers and captain powers.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am pretty excited about a T6 Galaxy. I'm not as familiar with the ineffectiveness of the Gal-R as some of the rest of you gentlebeings because my main is a sci. However, I definitely agree, the Galaxy from the shows was designed with versatility in mind, and I don't think that the pure engineering boat that is the T5 Galaxy fits that.

And I saw something about a T6 Negh'Var. Not quite as excited at that, but it'll be nice. It's about time the Negh'Var got a new skin option; the Qu'Daj skin is showing its age.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The real deal for me is to see how the ships look - do we get a Galaxy skin revamp?

I really hope so this time, there's been plenty of reference material posted, and it isn't like we haven't made enough noise about it here and in the ship issues thread in the art section here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1163871
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited March 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I really hope so this time, there's been plenty of reference material posted, and it isn't like we haven't made enough noise about it here and in the ship issues thread in the art section here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1163871

The problem is - if the new T6 is far enough in game to have 'hints' for people to find, it's too far done for anything cosmetic to be added and/or changed. So we're at a case of 'It's done and awesome' or it isn't and /sigh. At this point in the game, anything that could/would be changed are a serious model error and ship balancing. As to texture changes... The Venture saucer has been missing a chunk of it's windows since launch. The dread has had lance/addition misalignment since... forever.

I'm hoping for it's done and awesome, but I haven't had time to get on tribble to look at the current Galaxy/Venture model.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    speaking of, it might be worth seeing if the galaxy model on tribble looks improved vs holodeck. wile DR was on tribble, the improved intrepid made an appearance
    edited March 2015
    speaking of, it might be worth seeing if the galaxy model on tribble looks improved vs holodeck. wile DR was on tribble, the improved intrepid made an appearance

No changes to her on Tribble yet, but they might be holding the build that has the new graphics in it until closer to release so it isn't mined like everything else. Though I won't be holding my breath on that one...
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, one can only hope that they paid attention to the plethora of feedback received during the 'Galaxy Bundle' debacle and the countless posts/threads made pertaining to this matter.

The Powers That Be should be EXTREMELY aware of what many of the playerbase consider to be the T5 Galaxy's failings; therefore the real question is "have they been listening", because this isn't really a case of giving us want we want so much as it is a case of making sure that they don't repeat what we DON'T want.

Time to ready the popcorn for the

XX
    XXXX
    TRIBBLE
    XX

XX

eventuality.
    edited March 2015
    caasicam wrote: »
    Time to ready the popcorn for the

XX
    XXXX
    TRIBBLE
    XX

XX

eventuality.

The thing is, even:

XX
    XXXX
    TRIBBLE

XX
    XX

would still be a better layout - because you wouldn't have six low level engineering stations fighting coolodown time on 5 powers. Optimal? No. Would I buy it? No. Better then what we have? Yes.

The current Galaxy - her biggest weakness is you can't use all the powers she can slot constantly. If she could dual cycle two copies of emergency to: - if she could keep emergency to weapons and emergency to shields/engines on a constant uptime - she would be a very flexible, very dangerous ship. But - there are so many useless engineering powers, there are so many engineering powers - ESPECIALLY at low level that share a cooldown, that the third engineering station is absolutely, impossibly useless.
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The thing is, even:

XX
    XXXX
    TRIBBLE

XX
    XX

would still be a better layout - because you wouldn't have six low level engineering stations fighting coolodown time on 5 powers. Optimal? No. Would I buy it? No. Better then what we have? Yes.

The current Galaxy - her biggest weakness is you can't use all the powers she can slot constantly. If she could dual cycle two copies of emergency to: - if she could keep emergency to weapons and emergency to shields/engines on a constant uptime - she would be a very flexible, very dangerous ship. But - there are so many useless engineering powers, there are so many engineering powers - ESPECIALLY at low level that share a cooldown, that the third engineering station is absolutely, impossibly useless.

Exactly.

Heck, even if you make sacrifices and have something like EPtS1 x2 and Engi Team 1 to fill the low-level slots, you end up leaving the high-level ones open for abilities that are really lackluster. The difference in utility that Aceton Beam 1 and Gravity Well 1 have is astounding, to name one. Then again, this is a problem with Engineering powers in general, the Galaxy just suffers from it because of gigantic Engi-leaning.

I'm hoping for Lt. Cmdr Sci upgrade and Ens turned to Uni for the best, and maybe Lt. Uni on the lower end.
  • nataku302nataku302 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    caasicam wrote: »
    Exactly.

Heck, even if you make sacrifices and have something like EPtS1 x2 and Engi Team 1 to fill the low-level slots, you end up leaving the high-level ones open for abilities that are really lackluster. The difference in utility that Aceton Beam 1 and Gravity Well 1 have is astounding, to name one. Then again, this is a problem with Engineering powers in general, the Galaxy just suffers from it because of gigantic Engi-leaning.

I'm hoping for Lt. Cmdr Sci upgrade and Ens turned to Uni for the best, and maybe Lt. Uni on the lower end.

I hope they make it a LT com tac instead of LT cm science. The ship itself was used in a war and as a frontline ship making it science makes 0 sense.
    edited March 2015
    nataku302 wrote: »
    I hope they make it a LT com tac instead of LT cm science. The ship itself was used in a war and as a frontline ship making it science makes 0 sense.

Why? STOs gameplay is majorly skewed towards tac, I get that, but there's no reason to force every ship to be the same tac cruiser. The ship is an explorer, canonically the largest Starfleet ever build. Explorers are what Starfleet uses to fight. Those ships are heavily armed, no matter if they have science labs on board or not. And a LTC Sci is a powerful boff as well, I'd even say it's more valuable than a TS3 or FAW3.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited March 2015
    nataku302 wrote: »

I'd prefer a ltcom Sci or Uni to a tac. While faw3/spread3 is fun - a Galaxy is a heavily armed, very versatile ship. The versatility would better be served with a universal or science station. Though the ltcom station being uni/command would be AMAZING....
    edited March 2015
    I'd prefer a ltcom Sci or Uni to a tac. While faw3/spread3 is fun - a Galaxy is a heavily armed, very versatile ship. The versatility would better be served with a universal or science station. Though the ltcom station being uni/command would be AMAZING....

I think the Galaxy, Sovereign, and Odyssey should be primarily Engineering based, but not solely. These are the Hero ship classes. All three have been an Enterprise and in turn the flagship class of their time. I think a total Engineering focus sells the ship short. It should have better science and tactical compared to other cruisers. I do believe the Command/Inspiration powers would fit those classes.

When the Sovereign warped in to save the Earth in ST:First Contact. Her presence inspired the Defiant helmsmen. I am sure if they showed the other ships crew it would have been a similar response.

I understand you may make the other ships less appealing. My argument to that...people want to fly what they are familiar with or fell in love with...ships from the show like the Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant, and Voyager. So, a well made and laid out ship from the shows will sell way more than some creation of Cryptic. I think the Ody could sell well since it was deemed the current day Enterprise. However, I think in order to get some footing behind it they should make a lot more in game missions with it. It is the Enterprise after all.
    edited March 2015
    papesh1 wrote: »
    I think the Galaxy, Sovereign, and Odyssey should be primarily Engineering based, but not solely. These are the Hero ship classes. All three have been an Enterprise and in turn the flagship class of their time. I think a total Engineering focus sells the ship short. It should have better science and tactical compared to other cruisers. I do believe the Command/Inspiration powers would fit those classes.

When the Sovereign warped in to save the Earth in ST:First Contact. Her presence inspired the Defiant helmsmen. I am sure if they showed the other ships crew it would have been a similar response.

I understand you may make the other ships less appealing. My argument to that...people want to fly what they are familiar with or fell in love with...ships from the show like the Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant, and Voyager. So, a well made and laid out ship from the shows will sell way more than some creation of Cryptic. I think the Ody could sell well since it was deemed the current day Enterprise. However, I think in order to get some footing behind it they should make a lot more in game missions with it. It is the Enterprise after all.

While I agree - those are the show's hero ships and should be better then they are, but not better then anything else. But in the game, the Enterprise isn't the 'hero'. As far as Star Trek Online is concerned - we are the hero ship. It isn't The Enterprise that people are relieved to see, it's us and our ship. So I don't think TV ships should necessarily have more focus.

As far as the story is concerned, those 20,000 ships docked at DS9 and ESD and Qo'Nos are just random nobodies, and only us, and our ship are the hero. As far as the story is concerned it's our captain who's befriended the Voyager crew, nearly single handedly stopped the war, routed the Borg.

I want a better Galaxy class - not because I want to fly the Enterprise - but because in my head, in my imagination - I want my character to command a Galaxy class. I want that ship to be an old frame that's been in wars and peace treaties and to pretend it's name is almost as important as the Enterprise. But the ship needs to be fun to fly, or that doesn't matter.
    edited March 2015
    the most cannon accurate station setup for the galaxy would be this

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LT sci
    LT uni
    ENS sci

or now in tier 6

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LTC sci
    LT uni
    ENS uni

its THE least type cast ship, its the most capable of plug and play with equipment and role in the fleet. the enterprise was overloaded with research and diplomatic facilities, and a boat load of civies, to the point that they drug down the ships combat potential. that is not the default or even typical way a galaxy is set up though, especially not during war time. it is merely the only variation we got to see in detail. they would have left space empty rather then load it up with that, when a galaxy was serving as a battleship.
    edited March 2015

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LT sci
    LT uni
    ENS sci

or now in tier 6

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LTC sci
    LT uni
    ENS uni

its THE least type cast ship, its the most capable of plug and play with equipment and role in the fleet. the enterprise was overloaded with research and diplomatic facilities, and a boat load of civies, to the point that they drug down the ships combat potential. that is not the default or even typical way a galaxy is set up though, especially not during war time. it is merely the only variation we got to see in detail. they would have left space empty rather then load it up with that, when a galaxy was serving as a battleship.

Except in war time - the family quarters, the empty space, the luxuries and amenities - would be easily replaced with troop transportation. Barracks, weapons, fuel, supplies, heavy duty medical facilities.

Heck, if they could modify the Galaxy saucer where it could safely land and and launch as needed - it would be an AMAZING ground command center during wartime. Starship grade shields and phaser arrays on the ground, with living space and everything already set up.
    edited March 2015
    Except in war time - the family quarters, the empty space, the luxuries and amenities - would be easily replaced with troop transportation. Barracks, weapons, fuel, supplies, heavy duty medical facilities.

Heck, if they could modify the Galaxy saucer where it could safely land and and launch as needed - it would be an AMAZING ground command center during wartime. Starship grade shields and phaser arrays on the ground, with living space and everything already set up.

The sauber doesn't really need to be modified. Technically it should always be capable to do that - but since a deadline was closing the landing gear was never added to the final design but Probert (I think?) wanted the saucer to land on a surface regularily. And it makes sense. True, it's not in-canon but adding an intented feature doesn't go such a long way :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I never really liked the Excalibur personally. Certainly not as a Galaxy successor.

It's cool in its own right, but it doesn't scream flagship to me.
    lan451 wrote: »
    He can't link it. It would get the thread closed. Go back a few pages for a hint on how to find it.
    I found it, thanks :)

Didn't occur to me that it was..[REDACTED].
    I will say as i said in many other threads about the galaxy, it's because engineering powers. They don't work well together due to too many shared cool downs and the amount of bad powers at commander level doesn't help either.

Engineering powers as whole need to be both re-imagined and added to. A few would be so easy to buff to like boarding parties , make them beamed in so you'd have to get close to the apposing ship but it's a instant debuff, acteon beam no more damage so it doesn't get stripped by haz emitters, and perhaps a ROF and cooldown debuff. Especially at commander level.

I really hope they revisit engineering as a whole powers and captain powers.

You know what really burns me? This.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Override_Subsystem_Safeties

I'll be damned if that's not the ultimate engineering ability. Heck it should be the Captain Engineering Player Character ability. Geordi did it all the time.

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LT sci
    LT uni
    ENS sci

or now in tier 6

COM eng
    LTC uni
    LTC sci
    LT uni
    ENS uni

True, True.

I think people need to some scale to realize what they're dealing with. This classic picture helps.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/41/41/a9/4141a92197520126d0c7d54aaa9a1004.jpg

And 42 stories tall.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I think people need to some scale to realize what they're dealing with. This classic picture helps.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/41/41/a9/4141a92197520126d0c7d54aaa9a1004.jpg

And 42 stories tall.

Here's a couple more:

http://i.imgur.com/MJCOpws.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/266/c/1/enterprise_d_size_comparison_by_vsfx-d6ni48l.jpg

Of course, those just lend an idea of scale to the ENT-J
    http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/startrek/finalfrontier/enterprise-j.gif
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
    edited March 2015

well ya of course, ether empty or fully stocked with troops and a more robust combat infrastructure, ether would be better then the enterprise spec. the events of chain of command with jelico proved how not ready the enterprise was for a serious fight, after he had his way with things going to red alert also meant taking a lot of unnecessary systems offline. also, in yesterday's enterprise you got to see exactly what a battleship spec galaxy would be outfitted like. in that timeline, there had been a war with the Klingons the galaxy's entire development, yet not one exterior detail was different. more proof that the ship wasn't designed to be some huge wet blanket that couldn't fight in its own weight class.

and ya the saucer would be an amazing ground fortress, the enormous hanger bay is the perfect staging area for just about anything, its got at least as much capacity as an air craft carrier
    https://i.imgur.com/ZZ8uPf0.jpg
    http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130108220958/startrek/images/0/02/Shuttlebay,_main_%28deck_4%29,_Galaxy-class.jpg
    edited March 2015

Great pictures. It just shows you the sheer size. The Odyssey is almost twice the length. However, the J is just insane!