test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My AP Torpedo is Mk XI?! WHAA?!

mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
Just opened my AP torpedo on my main 60 toon, and it was Mk XIII.

Opened it on another toon, who is almost to 53... Mk XI.

Wut. :confused:
d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Level appropriate reward. I'm somewhat surprised it's Mk XI and not Mk XII but they probably went with strictly odd numbers to avoid giving people Mk XIV. I would assume level 55 is the cutoff.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Level appropriate reward. I'm somewhat surprised it's Mk XI and not Mk XII but they probably went with strictly odd numbers to avoid giving people Mk XIV. I would assume level 55 is the cutoff.

Hrmmm, or would 60 be it? One of those 50-54 Mk XI, 55-59 Mk XII, and 60 Mk XIII things?
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    MK XI is inappropriate for a Level 60.. but if you are at level 50... that would be appropriate.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My fleetmate got the dil, and marks, but never recieved his AP Torp, AT ALL !
    Felt bad for him, he was looking forward to using it on his AP build.

Would have given him mine if it was not bound.
    I won't be using it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, I'm 57 right now, and picking up my Torpedo tonight…guess I'll wait to open it.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    could always check and see if you dump the item, if you can reclaim it...

not that I ever go to the test server... but you can check on your L60 on test... see if you can reclaim if you discard the item.

if not... then dont finish the project till your L60 then.

They say you can reclaim the shot gun.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ^Beat me to it.

Btw,
    Anyone know if this Torp will be reclaimable, like the Zeffy shotgun was ?

I kept reclaiming my Zeffy until I got CrtH/CrtD...
    Wonder if this item will work the same...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why make it top of the line when they can get you to help metrics by grinding for it and then having you use their super fly R&D system to upgrade it? :D

A lower Mk version would technically give somebody more chances at the Rarity upgrade at a cheaper cost.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    could always check and see if you dump the item, if you can reclaim it...

not that I ever go to the test server... but you can check on your L60 on test... see if you can reclaim if you discard the item.

if not... then dont finish the project till your L60 then.

They say you can reclaim the shot gun.

shotgun is reclaimable.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited March 2015
    Can open the Dil Store, go to Reclaim, and see what's there...don't have to risk deleting stuff.
  • gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yep and the kobali set is the same way, low level =low MK
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of Tribble and upgrades and so forth...

Anybody else look?

Rare [CrtD][CrtH]
    Very Rare [Acc][CrtD][CrtH]
    Ultra Rare [Acc][CrtD][CrtH]x2
    Epic [Ac/Dm][Acc][CrtD][CrtH]x2

Are we looking at fixed or random mods for the VR/UR, eh?

Hell, why not - let's do it again since it can be reclaimed from the Dil Store on Tribble (didn't check Holo)...!!!!!

Rare [CrtD][CrtH]
    Very Rare [Acc][CrtD][CrtH]

And hrmm...the "tester" in me would head back to Drozana for more EC/Dil so I could keep deleting and reclaiming the torp to see if I got anything other than [Acc] at VR from applying the Basic Projectile Tech Upgrades from ESD...

...but I'm not quite that bored right now. ;)
    edited March 2015
    so I guess it doesnt get the "Arc" mode some folks were saying it may get.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so I guess it doesnt get the "Arc" mode some folks were saying it may get.

Bummer...there goes my prediction then. :(
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    ^Beat me to it.

Btw,
    Anyone know if this Torp will be reclaimable, like the Zeffy shotgun was ?

I kept reclaiming my Zeffy until I got CrtH/CrtD...
    Wonder if this item will work the same...

Yup, this beastie is reclaimable, tested it out myself, tossed it a couple of times, and was always able to get it back from the Reclaim tab in the dil store.

:D
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Right but it's helping the metrics that people actually use the R&D system. ;)

Hrmm, would they lump the upgrade stuff into the R&D stuff...or...try to keep them separate? Then again, like any sort of report - the numbers would be presented in whatever fashion makes them look best to the person the report is intended for, eh?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm....

I have one toon that is currently level 55. I suppose I will not open the reward box until that toon joins my other max level toons.
    edited March 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Hmmm....

I have one toon that is currently level 55. I suppose I will not open the reward box until that toon joins my other max level toons.

Thats only if you want to keep it a Blue Mk XIII.

If you want to level it up to Epic or Very Rare or Ultra Rare... open it when it's a lower mark. More chances and cheaper chances for quality upgrade.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    A couple of things...

My level 52-53 FED toon got a Mk XI... my level 58 Rommy got a Mk XII... and, as I already said, my level 60 toon got a Mk XIII.

Also... yes, it's reclaimable.
    MK XI is inappropriate for a Level 60.. but if you are at level 50... that would be appropriate.

Not really. Post-level 50 rewards have all been Mk XII, if not Mk XIII. I haven't gotten Mk XI since running pre-DR missions. Given that this is a new reward, and it *can* issue as a Mk XIII... there's no good reason why we all shouldn't get a Mk XIII reward, period.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    A couple of things...

My level 52-53 FED toon got a Mk XI... my level 58 Rommy got a Mk XII... and, as I already said, my level 60 toon got a Mk XIII.

Also... yes, it's reclaimable.

Not really. Post-level 50 rewards have all been Mk XII, if not Mk XIII. I haven't gotten Mk XI since running pre-DR missions. Given that this is a new reward, and it *can* issue as a Mk XIII... there's no good reason why we all shouldn't get a Mk XIII reward, period.

The question is: Can you reclaim a level appropriate version, as in get a mk xii now and reclaim a mk xiii at lvl 60 or will it always be what you get when you first open the box?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »

Right, I didn't say anything about the levels between 50 and 60... I said if you were still at the previous end game level of 50, MK XI is not out of line.

If you were at the end game of 60, MK XI is not appropriate... MK XII would be the bare minimum
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The question is: Can you reclaim a level appropriate version, as in get a mk xii now and reclaim a mk xiii at lvl 60 or will it always be what you get when you first open the box?

You reclaim the box...not the weapon. So you'll be opening the box fresh again at whatever level you are.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Right, I didn't say anything about the levels between 50 and 60... I said if you were still at the previous end game level of 50, MK XI is not out of line.

If you were at the end game of 60, MK XI is not appropriate... MK XII would be the bare minimum

Yes. :) Very odd choice... but, since the box is reclaimable, I can just wait to hit 60 on my alts. No big, I guess.