test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bye Smirk

nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by nitewingnyc on

Comments

• wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    He was not an advocate of under geared ships....he had no clue what a "good" ship was. Most devs have little concept or time to min max a ship/character. He improved by going to "school" with a couple of the high dps crowd.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Telling people that it's ok to be under geared when going into qued events...these things are killing the game..

Really if you think this minor issue is killing the game and somehow it's Smirk's fault... you're an idiot.

This has been going on since queues were split between normal and elite.. and somehow magically the game has continued for years and years...

Also all Smirk said was "play the game how you want and f*** the morons that say you have to play it a certain way...

That's probably why you're so mad... he told you that you're opinion doesn't really matter when you're not paying their subscriptions/dilithium/zen fees.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did you really have to copy/paste your exact comment from the other thread on this exact same subject?
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hravik wrote: »
    Did you really have to copy/paste your exact comment from the other thread on this exact same subject?

an entitled person like him probably thinks that what he has to say on any subject is so importatnt it needs a separate thread.
    The whole OP reeks of entitlement and presumptions.
    Go pro or go home
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yo, bye smirk.

At the rate valuable information about game changes are transmitted to the community I think that cryptic defs are doing better job when popping into forums from time to time to spread some news.

Same counts for forum moderators seeing to it that the peace around here is not disturbed and everybody posts within the rules.

I think PWE can save some real money here by not sending us a new community manager. It’s not as if the latest TRIBBLE wouldn’t be tweeted anyway.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wen1503 wrote: »
    He was not an advocate of under geared ships....he had no clue what a "good" ship was. Most devs have little concept or time to min max a ship/character. He improved by going to "school" with a couple of the high dps crowd.

I thought he needed to learn alot more..not review missions and telll people that green gear was cool.. I have carried lots of people through advanced and have faild elites and advanced do to his twich feeds
    edited March 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
    edited March 2015
    Yo, bye smirk.

At the rate valuable information about game changes are transmitted to the community I think that cryptic defs are doing better job when popping into forums from time to time to spread some news.

Same counts for forum moderators seeing to it that the peace around here is not disturbed and everybody posts within the rules.

I think PWE can save some real money here by not sending us a new community manager. It’s not as if the latest TRIBBLE wouldn’t be tweeted anyway.

agreed......bro...
    anyway ..info is what a good fleet and forms are for anyway
    edited March 2015
    hravik wrote: »

I thought It should get some attention..and it wasn't getting much ear play in the other place..but it got your attention.. thank you ..hugz.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited March 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    an entitled person like him probably thinks that what he has to say on any subject is so importatnt it needs a separate thread.
    The whole OP reeks of entitlement and presumptions.

funny how it has been read..and got you to comment ..and if helping in funding the game you love is a bad thing to you...well then yea i'm a bad guy..sorry ..but heres a hug...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was no fan of Brandon but the guy did let people know they needed to be geared, pvp is useful, pay to play or lifetime up and support the game we all love, voice chat and guilds are the way to go..
    Smirk didn't do anything right by catering to free to play, ignoring paying players and those that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the game.
    Telling people that it's ok to be under geared when going into qued events...these things are killing the game.. we the ones that fund the game get nothing..the advocate for a ill built ship is gone I say good ridden and it took PWE way to long to see that he was doing nothing for the game..
    Now with PWE showing that profits are down lets see if they start paying more attention to us the ones that have been here since day 1 and are 20k or more in..we pay the salaries and we are second rate , I don't think so..keep chasing us away and there will be no game free to play doesn't pay your bills ..
    Smirk Aidos bruh you sucked as a player and failed as an advocate bye..

This isn't a WoW fashion Show where you'll get kicked from raids for not having the most ubbar gear (which kind of defeats the whole idea, since you NEED to be in those raids to GET that ubber gear that man-child raid leaders demand you have on. Talk about a Catch 22!).

You can do STFs with just X level gear and stand a chance. 11-14 would be even better of course, but X won't be a death sentence.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    but X won't be a death sentence.
    If you can build half decent otherwise.

And don't bother with advanced or higher.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you can build half decent otherwise.

And don't bother with advanced or higher.

Mk X-XII blues are more than adequate for Advanced STF's... Given Mk XIII purple are rewarded for 50-60 content now, Advanced STF's should be within anyone's reach, provided they pay attention and learn what to do...

The biggest problem is NOT gear... It's a lack of awareness in STF's... Many players are just too content to go 'WHEEEEE-EEEE-PEWPEWPEW-WHEEEEEEE!' rather than actually take heed of what's happening...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I bet the OP got his build from a web site..........And comes across as a selfish arrogant 12 year old

What a Dip Stick

What was Smirks title community manager....Not STO space PvP/PvE expert E-peen player!

From what I saw the man did his best and we have no idea what limitations his bosses put him under as to what he could do and how he could do it

Working between PWE and Cryptic and then , between them and the player base doesn't look like a great job to me in the first place

I wouldn't want that job
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was no fan of Brandon but the guy did let people know they needed to be geared, pvp is useful, pay to play or lifetime up and support the game we all love, voice chat and guilds are the way to go..
    Smirk didn't do anything right by catering to free to play, ignoring paying players and those that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the game.
    Telling people that it's ok to be under geared when going into qued events...these things are killing the game.. we the ones that fund the game get nothing..the advocate for a ill built ship is gone I say good ridden and it took PWE way to long to see that he was doing nothing for the game..
    Now with PWE showing that profits are down lets see if they start paying more attention to us the ones that have been here since day 1 and are 20k or more in..we pay the salaries and we are second rate , I don't think so..keep chasing us away and there will be no game free to play doesn't pay your bills ..
    Smirk Aidos bruh you sucked as a player and failed as an advocate bye..

Oh not *this* guy again. People don't feed his ego or need to feel important by creating a new thread to try and get some attention or 15mins of fame. Smh @ op.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Really if you think this minor issue is killing the game and somehow it's Smirk's fault... you're an idiot.

This has been going on since queues were split between normal and elite.. and somehow magically the game has continued for years and years...

Also all Smirk said was "play the game how you want and f*** the morons that say you have to play it a certain way...

That's probably why you're so mad... he told you that you're opinion doesn't really matter when you're not paying their subscriptions/dilithium/zen fees.

^^ This!

Also, Smirk just fitted his ships with casual, gimmicly stuff, partly to show off the new features of the ships he was discussing, and partly because his 'show' was simply made to cater to the casual player. He was far from an idiot, really.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I was under the impression the Brandon had enough clout that he could do what he wanted. Smirk and Trendy, not so much. They're (at least Trendy still is) on a timetable dictated from above, and have a lot less flexibility in what they say, and when they say it.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While Smirk did considerably less than Brandon did to connect to the STO community, I do feel bad for the loss of his job. It isn't easy to find jobs these days. I wish him good luck in finding another place of employment.

Now the question is, why is Smirk fired and Geko still around?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    /inbeforetheclose.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Closed. This is a reminder that both Spamming as well as Flaming/Trolling is considered against the Community Rules and Policies for the forums.
This discussion has been closed.