test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saint Patricks Day

ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Anyone know if STO is planing to do anything for St Pats Day?
Post edited by ryoborg on

Comments

• ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ryoborg wrote: »

Doubt it and why would they?
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • tarrynrextarrynrex Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What are you suggesting? Having O'Brien's pub crawl starting from Quarks to that one with the medical guy to Club 47?
  • drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2015

You can go to quark's, order the special of the day and when you ask what it is be told:

'uh...it's um....erm... Iss Grreen.'

Rest in peace Mr. Doohan. :)
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No reason other than it'd be fun. Some green clothes maybe, a Q based St Pats PvE mission that give you st pat's day gifts, maybe a green top hat, maybe a leprechaun pet or a flying pot of gold space pet, that kind of thing. the pub crawl sounds fun =)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited March 2015

There's an entire faction which is made up of fairies and leprechauns, isn't that sufficient?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited March 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    There's an entire faction which is made up of fairies and leprechauns, isn't that sufficient?

There is???
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Saint Patrick's Day isn't a big enough event for Cryptic, or Star Trek. Doubt anything will happen. Nothing official anyway. Some Fleets might do something, but that'll all be internal and unofficial.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is???

Yeah, romulans and klinks.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
    edited March 2015
    They should do something coz it'd be cool if they did something even if they just did it next year.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can I just say as an Irish person living here in the homeland. It's quite nice that Sto doesn't do anything Paddy's Day related.

It's nice to have a refuge from the shamrocks, green beer and all that other tacky TRIBBLE that is really more for the benefit of foreigners then for the actual Irish.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm planning on having an Irish 7 course meal... a potato and a six pack.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic celebrated by dropping the axe on their employees, guess they wanted to give them a reason to drink today.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic celebrated by dropping the axe on their employees, guess they wanted to give them a reason to drink today.

It seems Smirk got laid off, as evidenced by visiting his Twitter, which has gone personal and is no longer associated with PWE. Wow...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    It seems Smirk got laid off, as evidenced by visiting his Twitter, which has gone personal and is no longer associated with PWE. Wow...

He's also not on the dev tracker anymore.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited March 2015
    Can I just say as an Irish person living here in the homeland. It's quite nice that Sto doesn't do anything Paddy's Day related.

It's nice to have a refuge from the shamrocks, green beer and all that other tacky TRIBBLE that is really more for the benefit of foreigners then for the actual Irish.

As someone who is part Irish I wish they would do something. I love celebrating us, even if it is a bit corny & tacky, it makes it fun.