test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbies having problems with EV suits.

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
A tip for Newbies about EV suits and fighting the tholians.
So often when doing Transdimentional elite, one player comes out without activating their EV suit. Therefore letting the entire team down. They say that their suit won't activate.
Well with abit of common sense, go to the flugta asteroid mining near DS9.
Before doing your mining, activate your suit in the building, and it should indicate its on.
If it works there fine, then you should be ok against the tholians.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Haven't check in a while, but the easier method is to open up the Dilithium Store from the mini-map section of the screen and buy it from there. No need to go to the Dilithium Mine.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Haven't check in a while, but the easier method is to open up the Dilithium Store from the mini-map section of the screen and buy it from there. No need to go to the Dilithium Mine.
    you misunderstood what i meant. I am not on about buying a EV suit, i am talking about testing it to make sure it works.
    edited March 2015
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Buying EVA suits is best and cheapest done on the exchange, by the way. As with most stuff.

I was talking about testing them that they work.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I was talking about testing them that they work.

There is no problem with the EV Suits. It is just newbs that don't know how to use them. If I remember correctly, you can disable the visuals for the EV Suits and the EV Suit will only show up when you activate it. Also, Nukara is a far more effective place to make sure the EV Suit is working properly. If you survive going out of the base, then it works. If you don't survive, then it isn't turned on.
    edited March 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    There is no problem with the EV Suits. It is just newbs that don't know how to use them. If I remember correctly, you can disable the visuals for the EV Suits and the EV Suit will only show up when you activate it. Also, Nukara is a far more effective place to make sure the EV Suit is working properly. If you survive going out of the base, then it works. If you don't survive, then it isn't turned on.

Quite right, these newbies need to understand this.
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes things happen out of a player's control, and it has nothing to do with them being a noob.

Recently, there was a bug preventing ev suits from working sometimes.
    Not everyone experienced this bug, and those that did didn't encounter it every time.
    edited March 2015
    It's also very easy to blame one's own stupidity on a bug rather than man up and admit you died because you forgot to turn on your EV suit.

Absolutely right. well said.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Notice that as soon as you beam in the Transdimensional EV cage, you will always see a short animation of your toon burning : that might be an indication of an EV turned off.
    However, it's in Nukara Prime where a player is given a full explanation about class Y ' s atmospheric conditions and the necessity of an EV suit.
    If new players don't go to Nukara Prime first and they qeue up a Nukara ground stf, you can't really blame them.
    Perhaps Cryptic should implementthat same message window that you get in Nukara Prime, like those popping up in ISA.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Turning the EV suit on is pointless hoop-jumping that should be removed. If you're wearing one, it should be always on.

EDIT: And it should be impossible to queue for the Nukara missions if you're not wearing one.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Because we all know REAL MEN have mastered buggy not-so-popular mmo's.
    Lol.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's also very easy to blame one's own stupidity on a bug rather than man up and admit you died because you forgot to turn on your EV suit.

Those who do should be forced to buy Cryptic's hilariously-priced 500,000 dilithium EV suit (which does nothing special except have a differently-colored skin). Penalty fee.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Notice that as soon as you beam in the Transdimensional EV cage, you will always see a short animation of your toon burning : that might be an indication of an EV turned off.
    However, it's in Nukara Prime where a player is given a full explanation about class Y ' s atmospheric conditions and the necessity of an EV suit.
    If new players don't go to Nukara Prime first and they qeue up a Nukara ground stf, you can't really blame them.
    Perhaps Cryptic should implementthat same message window that you get in Nukara Prime, like those popping up in ISA.

Agreed on that, description is somewhat poor. :)

Reason could be that back when Nukara Reput was released with LoR not many ways to obtain those marks were available. Cryptic rushed NTTE & NSDTE in the queue list as reaction.

Hope that more and more players get the hang of Nukara maps now. It is a cool straight forward fight and one that rewards at least adequate for a change in elite mode.

Wish I could say the same about maps in advanced which take 5 to 10 times as long.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited March 2015
    Agreed on that, description is somewhat poor. :)

Reason could be that back when Nukara Reput was released with LoR not many ways to obtain those marks were available. Cryptic rushed NTTE & NSDTE in the queue list as reaction.
    No, its because those missions used to be part of the Nukara Prime adventure zone and it was impossible to reach them without knowing how to use a suit.

They were put in the queues as a nerf. To stop people from gathering the entire instance's population (15 or 20 peeps IIRC) into one fight and curbstomping them.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, its because those missions used to be part of the Nukara Prime adventure zone and it was impossible to reach them without knowing how to use a suit.

They were put in the queues as a nerf. To stop people from gathering the entire instance's population (15 or 20 peeps IIRC) into one fight and curbstomping them.

Think I remember them as part of Nuke quests… the red ones. But didn’t they have an awful long cd attached to them?

I for my part was glad when they made them queues.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    So often when doing Transdimentional elite, one player comes out without activating their EV suit.

So people are trying to do 'Elites' now without knowing the basics? :rolleyes:
    animated.gif
    edited March 2015
    So people are trying to do 'Elites' now without knowing the basics? :rolleyes:

It looks that way yes. Some do blame it on a bug, but there are others who simply forget to turn their ev suit on. Once that happens, it can put the whole mission in jeopardy.
    Thats why i said earlier about testing what suit you have at the dil mine inside the building there, to see if your ev suit works ok. if it does then good, no problem with tholians, in theory anyway.
  • mightylink#4428 mightylink Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont even know why they make you activate it, in most games it would just work as soon as you put it on.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont even know why they make you activate it, in most games it would just work as soon as you put it on.

Cryptic loves their newb traps and the feeling of superiority it gives their "elite" players.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic loves their newb traps and the feeling of superiority it gives their "elite" players.

I'd hardly call someone 'elite' because they know how to turn their EV suit on!
    animated.gif
    edited March 2015
    Think I remember them as part of Nuke quests… the red ones. But didn’t they have an awful long cd attached to them?

I for my part was glad when they made them queues.
    20 hours. I didn't mind, not into grinding, me. Cooldowns are good. If the queues had 20h+ cooldowns, maybe people would play all of them instead of spamming the same ones ad nauseum.

They were a lot more fun with a roomfull of people than the mandatory 5...even if they were so easy that way it was a joke, they could've made it scale to number of players.

And Transdimensional is still pretty easy anyway.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015

hehe yes mine the graphic does not show unless the suit is on but really equipping the suit should just turn it on. Dunno maybe its more "realistic" with an on button because then a light goes on and a breathing sound for oxygen not sure. Really though its just an added step and I found it was hard to tell if it was activated until I figured out that it could be set up to show the suit graphic only when turned on. The two buttons for activating and deactivating on the keyboard for us "older people" its actually hard to tell if its on.