test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Hate Devidians

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
I'm doing the Ghostbuster missions on an alt that is unfortunately a Sci so he keeps getting pounded without the usual Engi toys.

Can I get a Ghost Trap item to just suck all the miserable little b@stards into so I can feed them into my Warp Core?
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont really see how one could have problems there with a sci, or any class.
    Especially since its a mission with BOs, so all classes are in the team and can be "played" whle in the mission.

Sometimes its not the content that makes things difficult...
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i think one of the worst things on that mission is the extreeme dark it might have, depending on graphic settings. it's not exactly the "not being able to see, but extreme light changes, in a monitor, can be bad to eye sight by straining it too much.

any way, i hate that particular mission and just avoid it as much as possible, at one point, the bofs kept running like crazy, all over the place, but i think they fixed it.

any way, just take 2 engineer bofs with mines and mortars and they will help out.

the sci captain can be very good too, if you have a proper set up.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    I dont really see how one could have problems there with a sci, or any class.
    Especially since its a mission with BOs, so all classes are in the team and can be "played" whle in the mission.

Sometimes its not the content that makes things difficult...

Has to be the player :rolleyes:

I usually play an Engineer and have come to rely on my toys.

As such, my BOffs always finish the mobs.

I'd just like to remain conscious during the fights.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'd just like to remain conscious during the fights.

Pack heals?
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seems to be an error between your computer and the keyboard. Maybe you need a reboot?

Sci is the best class in the game, may not be the best dpser. Heals, aoe, holds, buffs. I mean its got all you need to rock any group of mobs. I'm currently playing threw all the missions on ELITE on my sci, and am having no problems completing anything including those missions. (besides doomsday device on elite, when they give you that BoP and dont allow you to switch out the green tier 2 gear on it. What a mess that was)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did the mission on my Sci. And there was no issues doing it. I used the gun from the mission and it was easy.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What Lies Beneath is generally an annoying mission (at least to me) because my Boffs tends to wander off due to pathing issues towards the end of the mission which generally means I am fighting the Devidians mostly on my own as I am descending down into the station. In the final boss battle I have anywhere between 2 to 4 of my Doffs which means 0 to 2 generally get stuck somewhere. Dunno if they fixed the pathing issue since I have not played in a while.

I suppose the only thing I can recommend is to make sure your gear is the appropriate mark for your rank, use science abilities to heal yourself and your Boffs, and carry hypos to heal yourself.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is no excuse for dieing as a sci on ground. Get yourself a set of medic modules for your kit.
    edited March 2015
    There is no excuse for dieing as a sci on ground. Get yourself a set of medic modules for your kit.

I will try that.

120 stupid seconds
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Huh, What Lies Beneath is my all-time favorite mission, I even have the Bonnie-kin rhyme as a sound file on my phone for use in October :D I've never had any issues completing it, even with barely tweaked new alts. Other than a Devidian getting stuck in a wall & futzing with the mission progress when you get to killing off Gein, that's happened twice. I've never bothered using my kit powers, though, but my BOFFs use their ground abilities. Maybe check your BOFFs ground abilities and see if there's room for improvement? And perhaps your BOFFs weapons? I always keep up on giving my BOFFs better weapons as frequently as possible, if you're running stock or lower level weapons with them, that could be an issue, too.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bonnie Kin... bonnie kin...
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm doing the Ghostbuster missions on an alt that is unfortunately a Sci so he keeps getting pounded without the usual Engi toys.

Can I get a Ghost Trap item to just suck all the miserable little b@stards into so I can feed them into my Warp Core?
    Devidians are some of the easiest things for a sci captain to deal with. As you know, their attacks bypass shields, dealing damage directly to the player's health pool. Since science skills restore health (medical tricorder, vascular regenerator, nanite health monitor, and even triage) you should be laughing at them.

Just about any mission can be facerolled by taking engineers with shield healing + medical/shield generators and sci officers with a bunch of healing abilities.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    edited March 2015
    OK so I just suck as a Sci.

I usually run Engineers and would gladly switch him over if there was a respec token for that.

You are all Awesome!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've always rocked that mission as a Sci. In fact, Sci just rocks period. Even in space, in a Sci ship, because all of the abilities just **** up the enemy in so many delightful ways.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Got phase shifted personal shield? :D

Those are great.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think there's a triolic tribble to help out a little too.
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate the Devidian missions too mainly because those blue flashes give me a headache. I almost always end up have to take an aspirin after doing "What Leighs Beneath" or "Night of the Comet".
    sstosig2.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J9haehfQeg

I actually enjoy fighting Devidians.
    :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2015
    I still think a Ghostbuster Trap Device would look and be pretty Awesome, especially if it clears the whole room.

Then you could feed them into your Warp Core for a short time buff to something appropriate.

Would give people a reason to do these missions.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still think a Ghostbuster Trap Device would look and be pretty Awesome, especially if it clears the whole room.

Then you could feed them into your Warp Core for a short time buff to something appropriate.

Would give people a reason to do these missions.
    And people call Janeway a psycho.. O_O'
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Really? because I think you have Sci mixed up with engineer. I ALWAYS die on Sci. Engineer? so long as I actually use my skills, not often at all.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Heh - I love that episode.. I've played it with all 3 class types and haven't really had a issue until the last fight in the basement...

I've love to see more EPisodes like this, to be honest.

"Bonniekin, bonniekin... dressed all in red.... bonniekin, bonniekin, soon you'll be dead!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nyx219 wrote: »
    Huh, What Lies Beneath is my all-time favorite mission, I even have the Bonnie-kin rhyme as a sound file on my phone for use in October :D

please email the Bonnie-kin rhyme to ubercoincollector@gmail.com
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While waiting for the 20 hr Cooldown to earn CE Shards today, I ran this mission for the 1st time on my Talaxian Tac toon. I kept dying...

And dying...

And dying...

Turns out, I kept falling asleep. After the initial "Bonnie-Kins" encounter, I find this mission kinda dull. Add to that the fact I should have been sleeping rather than still trying to play catch-up on the CE Event AND the already mentioned Eye Strain associated with the lighting of this mission...

So, yeah... I kept dying...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited March 2015
    Actually it was the episode where you have to lure them out of the bridge and you have to fight the almost indestructible big one.

My main is an Engineer and I breezed through these using the Phaser Turret meat grinder which I found much more fun.