What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Hellish Tedium of Turning In Marks

2»

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    That seems very unlikely, if only because the 8k refinement cap serves as a much better gate to the production of dilithium, and turning in 500 marks a minute is still a much faster way to get dilithium than running content that generates it directly.
    Yeah, basically this. The refinement limit is always the bottleneck, so it doesn't really matter how fast you can convert. And conversion is fast. You could convert marks fast enough to hit 8,000 in a few minutes (8,000 / 500 * 15 = 240 seconds, plus some extra for clicking, even faster if you switched between multiple reps). But it would be a horribly boring clickathon and I'd rather play the game instead.

Its not that conversion needs to be faster, because it's already very fast, but it needs to be less work so players can play the game instead of going all clickety-click on the rep screen over and over and over and over and over and over again.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Not everyone plays STO while sitting on a chemical toilet.

I agree. While I have played STO on the toilet before, it was not a chemical toilet.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wish bulk mark conversion projects would be added to address this QoL issue but QoL rarely seems to be a priority for Cryptic because "It's working" and isn't currently causing something to be on fire.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know its not much. But thanks to this weekend I got over 1k of Delta marks. On my Fed and KDF. But for someone who plays a few hours per week. That is a good bit. I was converting them to Dil on my Fed. But stopped as I might get some gear off it instead. KDF is using them for the Rep. So they will go down in time. Even my Romulan picked up a good bit from her daily and ground action in the Dyson. But those will be used up from the Rep.

I wouldn't mind having another way to turn in more than 50 at a time. When I was turning them in I would do about 100-200 and left it alone. I don't have time to keep on hitting the button for it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It baffles me why they don't have the equivalent of the dilithium exchange method but for marks. Set a value for marks in dilithium and allows us to, via a slider, convert as many as we want in one go. Hell even add in a timer on it so doing 50K of omega marks will take 20hrs or something.
    Anything to break up the RSI inducing current system.

It's not like they would loose money or players even. I'd play more queues or missions if I wasn't sitting on my TRIBBLE converting marks for my evening! Plus the 8K daily conversion limit means I can't exactly get more free zen than they allow anyway! Can't even use multiple farming alts as the marks are all character bound!

So all in all it makes little sense. :confused:

It would be a very welcome quality of life improvement.
    SulMatuul.png