test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tovan Khev: The Most Dangerous Game

robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
Given that he's one of the most hated NPCs to have been created in recent MMO history, I'm surprised that there don't appear to be any Foundry missions created in Tovan Khev's 'honor' that let you go all Dexter on him - maybe while tromping through some eccentric millionaire's private island jungle, a la "The Most Dangerous Game."

Although, honestly, being able to blow him out an airlock or obliterate a shuttlecraft that he's aboard (provided that we are able to hear his blood-curdling screams as the ship disintegrates) would be just as fun.

TL;DR version: Does anyone know of any foundry missions that let you murder Tovan Khev?
Post edited by robertcrayven on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would play that mission over and over and over again. I know there is a mission for you to fry Kurland, and it is much-needed, and well-deserved. So now Tovan and Slamek both need their own murderization missions.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Die, Tovan, Die! Didn't read the post, just any thread with Tovan in it garners that reaction from me.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want to kill him, you could always bring him on a mission with no equipment, and order him to run in the middle of some enemies by himself. Be sure to teach him several copies of the "Draw Fire" ability just for laughs.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    If you want to kill him, you could always bring him on a mission with no equipment, and order him to run in the middle of some enemies by himself. Be sure to teach him several copies of the "Draw Fire" ability just for laughs.

Watching him get cut down by hordes of enemies, while hilarious, doesn't deliver the level of satisfaction that I imagine personally vaporizing him would. I'd love to nail him with a TOS phaser and watch him throw the "Thriller" pose as he disintegrated into glowy blue nothingness.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »

That would mean playing a romulan toon though, which I have no intention of doing until I can dismiss him.

Anyway I thought there were rules against making missions like this? If there is one though I too would like to play it at least once.

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be something horrifying though. Made me think of the 'most dangerous game' quests the klingons have, and the idea of having to deal with 50 Khevs, even if I can kill them, is the stuff of nightmares.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow...Seriously? And I thought Scarlet Briar had it bad. Some of you are just truly disgusting people.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be honest I like the character, actually made me far more invested in the whole Romulan faction story arc.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    orondis wrote: »
    To be honest I like the character, actually made me far more invested in the whole Romulan faction story arc.

some people also really like UGGS, Monsanto and George W Bush
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most likely reason for the hate towards Tovan Khev is the fact that he does not have the superior Romulan operative trait. So he has to be replaced by one that has it. From then on he is just on your boff rooster and takes up a slot.

You can of course forget about it and use him but then you are underperforming. Players that reason like this are not some much interested in stories and making them, hence the foundry. If they make a foundry mission it will probably has farming as a main goal. Builds and numbers have their interest.

I am surprised we suddenly see so many Tovan Khev has to go threads. With the new boff system, you need far less boff slots than in the old system. What is the problem?

I like Tovan Khev. Not so much the character, but he is part of the Romulan story arc and that is one I realy like. Let me give some numbers and compare the Romulan story arc, LoR to Delta Rising.

I give LoR a 10 out f 1-10, 10 is the best, as a benchmark.
    LoR story - 10, to compare Delta Rising 6
    LoR gameplay - 10, Delta Rising 4

Oh, and something else. Threads about Tovan Khev belong in the Romulan gameplay forum.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    fovrel wrote: »
    The moste likely reason for the hate towards Tovan Khev is the fact that he does not have the superior Romulan operative trait. So he has to be replaced by one that has it. From then on he is just on your boff rooster and takes up a slot.

You can of course forget about it and use him but then you are underperforming. Players that reason like this are not some much interested in stories and making them, hence the foundry. If they make a foundry mission it will probably has as farming for a main goal. Builds and numbers has their interest.

I am surprised we suddenly see so many Tovan Khev has to go threads. With the new boff system, you need far less boff slots than in the old system. What is the problem?

I like Tovan Khev. Not so much the character, but he is part of the Romulan story arc and that is one I realy like. Let me give some numbers and compare the Romulan story arc, LoR to Delta Rising.

I give LoR a 10 out f 1-10, 10 is the best, as a benchmark.
    LoR story - 10, to compare Delta Rising 6
    LoR gameplay - 10, Delta Rising 4

That's an interesting point. But I think a bit simplistic. I've seen plenty of people complain about Tovan Khev because of the way her dominated so much of the Romulan story arc, or because of the way he came to represent the decidedly uncool 'refugee Romulans' that people were given, instead of a Romulan Star Empire faction that were hoping for.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why not make such a mission yourself?

Say, an abandoned Dominion Cloning Facility has been reactivated, and after a computer accident, churns out Tovan Khevs by the minute. (They originally wanted to replace the original with a single clone so the True Way would have eyes and ears inside the New Republic...)

Oh, and I think you should make it a KDF mission. There is actually a KDF mission "The Most Dangerous Game", and I think it's for killing ground NPCs.
    orondis wrote: »

Yeah, I liked him, too. Well, like is maybe much - but having a Bridge Officer that actually has a story and a personality and is not just the source of some powers on my power tray was pretty neat, and helped make the whole Romulan Arc special.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I would play that mission over and over and over again. I know there is a mission for you to fry Kurland, and it is much-needed, and well-deserved. So now Tovan and Slamek both need their own murderization missions.

Of those, I would only play the Slamek one, because he's a servile little traitor who actively sells you out to Hakeev. All Kurland does is have a voiceover some people don't like--and as for Tovan, I actually liked him.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The most likely reason for the hate towards Tovan Khev is the fact that he does not have the superior Romulan operative trait.

I don't know why people keep insisting that his lack of that trait must be the biggest reason people hate him. It may have previously been a reason before the boff revamp, but even then I really doubt it was even close to the most common reason. Certainly had nothing to do with why I hate him.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I revive Khev when I find him fallen on zombieworld or paraside III
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most likely reason for the hate towards Tovan Khev is the fact that he does not have the superior Romulan operative trait. So he has to be replaced by one that has it. From then on he is just on your boff rooster and takes up a slot.

Nah, they hate him because they can't dismiss him. None of the other story boffs have SRO either, but nobody cares abot them.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most likely reason for the hate towards Tovan Khev is the fact that he does not have the superior Romulan operative trait.

ummm, NO.

His VO is painful to listen to

Its HIS story, NOT yours, you are just a minor character in HIS story

He barks orders at you constantly

He butts in regardless of if he is seated at a station.

You are forced to ask his opinion on everything

His dialog is poorly written and even more poorly acted

He doesn't even look Romulan - and when you get him in the tailor its because SURPRISE he has mostly human options.

He is a daily reminder of the horrible story the devs forced the players into and the inconvievably bad take on Romulans, He is a symbol of all that is wrong with STO Romulans

Its poor game design to force a character on players for a laundry list of reasons.

Oh yeah, and his crappy traits.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ummm, NO.

His VO is painful to listen to

Its HIS story, NOT yours, you are just a minor character in HIS story

He barks orders at you constantly

He butts in regardless of if he is seated at a station.

You are forced to ask his opinion on everything

His dialog is poorly written and even more poorly acted

He doesn't even look Romulan - and when you get him in the tailor its because SURPRISE he has mostly human options.

He is a daily reminder of the horrible story the devs forced the players into and the inconvievably bad take on Romulans, He is a symbol of all that is wrong with STO Romulans

Its poor game design to force a character on players for a laundry list of reasons.

Oh yeah, and his crappy traits.

THIS.

May I have your permission to condense this and make it a forum signature? This truly captures in the most cohesive way possible everything that is wrong with Tovan Khev.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Huh? How did I end up replying here? *confused*
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    He also prevents you from having an all-'x' crew (reman, female, allied etc etc) and some people don't want to use the same boff on multiple characters no matter what that boff is.

And then there's the people on this forum who try and accuse you of various psychotic disorders or being a member of a hate group all because you don't like a character in a video game, but that's more an issue with this hell hole of a forum than Tovan. I don't remember ever seeing a thread on Khev without people throwing ridiculous accusations at his 'haters'.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *snip*

*claps* Well said.
    He also prevents you from having an all-'x' crew (reman, female, allied etc etc) and some people don't want to use the same boff on multiple characters no matter what that boff is.

And then there's the people on this forum who try and accuse you of various psychotic disorders or being a member of a hate group all because you don't like a character in a video game, but that's more an issue with this hell hole of a forum than Tovan. I don't remember ever seeing a thread on Khev without people throwing ridiculous accusations at his 'haters'.

Yeah, I just *love* being accused of being a secret Stalinist, TRIBBLE or KKK member for having the horrifying desire to play as a Romulan that was actually representative of the ones from the shows...

As for the subject of a 'Most Dangerous Game' foundry mission for Tovan Khev or Slamek...why not both? :D

Now throw in D'Tan, and that would be amazing.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    'Press F to begin'

*a shady character pops up on the dialogue screen*

Hello Captain.

This channel is secure, to protect both our interests. The payment has been received and my associates have obtained their targets and transported them to the agreed location.

Captain Kurland, The merchant Cassidy, Tovan Khev and Slamek are now lost and confused, you can do with them what you will. A weapons cache has been left at the supplied beam down coordinates, and once you are finished leave everything alone and we will clean up.

Be sure to keep your end of the deal Captain, or you may find yourself in a similar predicament. There would be no shortage of clients wanting you as prey.

Pleasure doing business with you.

*contact cuts transmission*

-

On another note, how funny would it be if such a mission was given a spotlight?
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I never understood the irrational hatred towards Tovan Khev. He plays a part in a few missions and never bothers you again. :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    'Press F to begin'

*a shady character pops up on the dialogue screen*

Hello Captain.

This channel is secure, to protect both our interests. The payment has been received and my associates have obtained their targets and transported them to the agreed location.

Captain Kurland, The merchant Cassidy, Tovan Khev and Slamek are now lost and confused, you can do with them what you will. A weapons cache has been left at the supplied beam down coordinates, and once you are finished leave everything alone and we will clean up.

Be sure to keep your end of the deal Captain, or you may find yourself in a similar predicament. There would be no shortage of clients wanting you as prey.

Pleasure doing business with you.

*contact cuts transmission*

-

On another note, how funny would it be if such a mission was given a spotlight?

If I had any inkling of how to construct a Foundry mission, THIS would be the intro!