test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should the Warriors movie get the reboot treatment?

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
If you have no clue who the Warriors are, follow the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAUMri0mv8M

If you never seen it before, follow the link. it's just a bunch of clips, but you will get the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUrWYv2vtU&list=PL8D6823EA76AE6E4B

To me the movie is a classic, but is very dated. At the time it was banned from a ton of places, cause of the nature of the content. Even when it finally hit TV, they took all the fight parts out. Very heavy on the cuts.

Today this movie is very tame vs what we see on screen now. So if it was done again as a reboot, would you have an issue with it?

I say if done right, you can get 3 movies out of it, not having them run for their lives like in the original one, but just have them as a targeted group, and have them be better than just a punk street gang. Maybe make them one of the types of gangs that's trying to make a change. But make it happen after the fallout from the night of gangs.

What do you guys think?

The Warriors needs a reboot? or Not?
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No.

This movie does not need a reboot.

Look at how many movies did receive a reboot and they turned out awful.

Not to mention if you think you can replace David Patrick Kelly as Luther, or Lynne Thigpen as the DJ, you're nuts.

No more reboots. Can you dig it, sucka?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not the reboot treatment. The boot treatment, right out the window, sure.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No! No more damn reboots :mad:
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Only if they reboot Logan's run first. My feelings about a reboot are mixed. I like my vintage 70's cheese. OP, if you have a PS 2, Rockstar came out with a Warriors video game back in the mid 2000s. Its kind of an origins/prequel story ,video game . I found it entertaining. You could probably pick it up cheap on E bay.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited March 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Only if they reboot Logan's run first.

I'm all for that.

I've never seen or heard of The Warriors, so all I have to go on is that trailer. Sounds like Escape TO New York with some Road Warrior thrown in for good measure. Also, I'd forgotten what the movie music sounded like from that era. I don't think I needed to be reminded. :(

Actually, crazy idea, rather than a reboot why not a clean print and sound, tight edit, new score and reissue?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd rather see a Homeworld movie take on the story of Anabasis than a The Warriors reboot.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Who cares. The fact a remake exists doesn't erase the original from existence.

To be fair, the Assault on Precinct 13 remake was pretty good.

Want to watch Warriors and Assault on Precinct 13 now.
    giphy.gif
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    steamwright watch the 2nd link I posted, it has clips from the movie. You will get a better idea what the warriors is all about.