test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request to STO Developers for Foundry

patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
The present format for foundry in open space is great. I've gotten more plays then I ever thought possible.

However, I was hoping the developers could do one small change. When a player goes up to a star system and the missions pop up; when they click the mission, could they go directly to the Mission Description part? They go straight into the mission missing the entire authors description of the mission. I have a series of missions with multiple episodes, and it's hard for a new player to understand what's going on.

Could you please fix? I'm sure it's an easy fix.
Post edited by patcrow on

Comments

• Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I"m thinking that foundry authors need to update their opening sequence to accommodate the new system. Over the years we've all developed a somewhat standardized or "good practices" method for introducing the mission and getting the player to the starting door. But things have changed.

As much as I hate breaking immersion in dialog pop ups with OOC stuff, it's probably best if authors start putting this information into the opening of their mission's story. If you have stuff that the player needs to know, whether it's a mission meant for shuttles, it's part 12 of 16 or they must have saved the Azura in "Stranded in Space," put that info in OOC text in your initial grant mission dialog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think there are ways to set up the mission in the opening dialog and still keep it in fiction, but it does require giving it more careful consideration.