test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request to STO Developers for Foundry 2

patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I had another request, this one is not so easy.

I was wondering if it was possible to deactivate the players weapons in a foundry mission. For one particular mission I'm working on, I would love to have a bar fight like in the old TOS. To fight without using weapons would bring the "Kirk" feeling to STO. I mean I can hear the TOS fight music as I type this.

Please add fist fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml4wAnvfM4M
Post edited by patcrow on

Comments

• Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hehe. Love it.

They do have the "weapons disabled" thing on Droz... dunno if they could make that into a field you plop down or a map wide "weather effect" for foundry use.

As it stands now, you're only option is to go clunky Skyrim style... by giving the player a "brawl" option and telling them to unequip their weapons. If they pick the option to fight normally, then all hell breaks loose and the guards take them to jail. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah... or like that mission with the graboids in the Romulan arc. :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It might be possible. During the mission Coliseum, your energy weapons are disabled and you're forced to fight with melee weapons only. If this is a volume, then it could be brought into the foundry as a placable asset.

You'd have to flag down Tacofangs for more specifics.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe its time for a poll to add a list of volumes to the foundry. Of course we would need to know what volumes are available.
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Once I considered making a fist fight using object interacts or a dialogue chain. Not sure how well that would turn out though.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Support. I could use this for a mission.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Maybe its time for a poll to add a list of volumes to the foundry. Of course we would need to know what volumes are available.

A few months ago I posted a list of new volume proposals, which could make a good starting point for such a poll.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Could we get a death field / floor as seen in ... "Breakng the planet" ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't think we need yet another poll. We've done enough already to keep the devs busy for years.
  • Options
    slickrick1707eslickrick1707e Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We need Cosmosoan species, such as the chrystiline entity and Geklies, as well as if possible Gumtu's
  • Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am certainly supporting a Captain-Only volume. These volumes you have suggested all seem like a good ideas. If we can get enough support then perhaps the devs might notice this.