test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

seriously?

tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
why did you lock the longstanding xmpp announcement/support thread?
is it not telling that people have been using that thread for nearly five years?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159864
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was wondering the same thing. Is it a sign that the feature will be discontinued, or will they replace it with a new thread?
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I suppose technically it could be classified as a necro due to the time frame between the last two posts in it. But im not sure enforcing the lock rule was entirely appropriate for it given its nature and content.

The rules exist to be enforced however smirk pleases however. And by the same token this thread is discussing moderation....
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Discussing moderation is not allowed.

Anyway, it was an old thread, old threads get closed when they are necroed, happens on all forums, not just this one. Generally speaking, if the last post is at least a month or two old, you should create a new thread instead of replying.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As Smirk stated (in a round-about way) when he closed the thread, it was closed due to necroposting. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't previously a sticky. When a thread is inactive for 30 days or more, it is considered "dead".

If there is a need to have a current conversation about it, you could probably just go ahead and open a new thread.

But opening a thread to complain about closing a thread isn't the way to go. Just go open a new thread.

But not in the Tribble forums. If it's a live feature on Holodeck we no longer need to have discussions about it in the test server forum.

If you just want it around for reference, you can still search for it. It's not gone, just closed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah, i am totally questioning the closing of that thread. its has been the xmpp support thread since xmpp launch. not only does it detail how to set up xmpp, its 5 years worth of trouble-shooting and solutions. its not a 'necro' because its not a dead topic.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Certain posts/threads will be shut down to be replaced by the official Q account.

This thread will remain accessible for future reference.

~Smirk
This discussion has been closed.