test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defaulting to shuttle - stop it

fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
I can think of any number of reasons why captains should default to shuttle. But not by default.

When I pull up my own menus, please default to my starship. When I pull up the profile for another player or NPC, default to their star ship or otherwise-active skin. Thanks for listening. :)
Post edited by fruitvendor12 on

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I.. actually discharge and only commission my shuttles when they're absolutely required for this very reason...
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can think of any number of reasons why captains should default to shuttle. But not by default.

When I pull up my own menus, please default to my starship. When I pull up the profile for another player or NPC, default to their star ship or otherwise-active skin. Thanks for listening. :)

I feel you. I use my shuttle to explore space when im not fighting, so why is it when I use my main ship I see that on it? its so annoying.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you rename your shuttle Zzzzzzzz (alphabetically last) it will go a long way toward alleviating this issue.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you rename your shuttle Zzzzzzzz (alphabetically last) it will go a long way toward alleviating this issue.

Even when I rename it so that it alphabetically comes after my main ship, it's hit or miss. On some of my alts, it works; on others, it doesn't work.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I.. actually discharge and only commission my shuttles when they're absolutely required for this very reason...
    Ditto /10chars
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It actually bugs me most when new BOffs complain about there not being enough room on my Runabout (or worse, my KDF toon's Kivra) for them. Of course there's not; no one in their right mind thinks the guy trawling the galaxy in a Presidio recruited them to babysit his Danube.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah easy fix is to rename shuttle Zzzzoom

it's based on alpha order of your ships.
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    it's based on alpha order of your ships.
    My ship named U.S.S. Lenore and my shuttle named U.S.S. Perry II.

And I still see my shuttle in char info window
    edited March 2015
    comdriver wrote: »
    My ship named U.S.S. Lenore and my shuttle named U.S.S. Perry II.

And I still see my shuttle in char info window

yeah, thats an annoyance that seems difficult to avoid. but the biggest annoyance is having ui windows (gear.heal windows for example) defaulting to the shuttle, and the alphabet hack generally solves that.
    this seems to be related to whatever was causing the voldemort issue.

another annoyance that seems to come and go is having the ui default to my ground toon while in space.
    edited March 2015
    That's because the shuttle is active. Active ships appear on the char info window in alphabetical order.

Character
    Active Ships
    Boffs

Working as intended.

i think he means the info window others see when they right click you in sector space. it often shows your ship and shipname as shuttle details.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

Rename your shuttle to ZAP it will no longer be default If Z isn't the first letter of the name of your ship
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse