test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVE & PVP Queue Empty

akulaeasternakulaeastern Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Just a quick question by are the PVP and PVE queues always this empty this time at night, especially the ones producing dilithium?
Post edited by akulaeastern on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Only select queues typically have many players, mostly just the borg ones plus crystalline entity. The entity has a much higher number of players atm because of the event.

Its something people complain about constantly, and can really only be corrected with the addition of some sweet loot to each queue ... people just don't feel they get any real rewards for doing most of them.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just a quick question by are the PVP and PVE queues always this empty this time at night, especially the ones producing dilithium?

Since Delta Rising messed up the queues, there has been a huge drop in the ones that always had a large number of players in them. The biggest problem is that the Advanced queues are being reworked for the high DPS players that should be playing Elite.

Also, the rewards now are less than what you used to get, but you have to do more than two times the work for them.

That, on top of rewards, and players getting nerfs almost all the time. Then they make a nerf, and try to hide it behind adding some thing good to areas where a lot of players were not playing has made a lot of players go else where till they fix the mess.

There are a lot of problems that need to be fixed, but the ones in charge decided it was better to just TRIBBLE around with a bunch of stuff that didn't need to be done, instead of admitting they screwed up and fixing it. Pride over quality product is the new way of doing business.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok makes sense but how does one max out the daily dilithium then?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok makes sense but how does one max out the daily dilithium then?

The Dyson Ground Battlezone. PVE queues haven't been the most efficient source of Dilithium for quite some time.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its something people complain about constantly, and can really only be corrected with the addition of some sweet loot to each queue ... people just don't feel they get any real rewards for doing most of them.

Actually its more of a problem with population dynamics. Consider elite mode. That added a new queue across many events. Now consider the new types of queues that were added with DR, each with multiple difficulty settings. Now consider whether or not the STO population has grown proportionally to the tremendous inflation of the PVE listings that occurred with DR. It hasn't, and that isn't a problem with the population as much as the arbitrary overscaling of the PVE listing system.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of which where did the loot go? I haven't picked up an item in two days. Not that there has been much vice admiral level battles. It seems deep space encounters no longer scale?
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey OP as far as I can recall PvE queues are empty during every timeframe. Reason seems to be a general lack of interest because of an invalid balance between rewards and effort put into them.

There are also the new fail criteria to consider which brings newbees and trolls into a position to easily ruin the match for the others.

Cryptic made PvE endgame as unappealing as they could be with DR.

The community has adapted by generating Channels which they use to ensure “smooth” sailing thorough endgame PvE.

Look up publicelitestf; DPS 10.000; or DPS-G-200.

Alternative would be to rely on you fleet but in my experience the general interest in PvE team ups is deteriorating everywhere.

I don’t mind grabbing a friend/fleet mate or two and pug up. I don’t mind a challenge and smooth sailing tends to be boring in the long run for me. Nevertheless one should run a solid risk assessment because I don’t want to waist my time either.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated