test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment

razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
So, it's not everyday that other companies announce new features and content coming to STO before Cryptic does, so my question to Smirk or Trendy is this: When is the Dev Blog coming? :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/34127/Delta-Recruitment-InGame-Announced

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/41263/star-trek-online-delta-recruitment-event/
Post edited by razorwalker on

Comments

• dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Delta Recruitment is coming to Star Trek Online and it begins April 2nd." Is that also the date for the S10 release?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you kidding?

EVERY external source releases new info before Cryptic does.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, Iconian invasion confirmed? Beginning in Season 10? Makes sense considering the next featured episode is about [REDACTED].
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the only thing of any interest to either of the links provided was the mmorpg background of the two fantasy women wearing next to nothing :P, apart from that though cryptic have always considered their own forum second or even third rate at times? it looks like it. this is just another piece of information that somehow never makes it to us and i wouldnt of known about it until launch more then likely. 2nd of april? obviously rushing to beat their competition in swtor in the april mark as well, thats never a good sign.. especially if it turns out to be an april fools joke.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wow - is this the end :confused:
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,
    Our blog is scheduled to go live in about 45 minutes. Trendy is at the helm and ready to get it published.

Looks like our PR release went out a little prematurely, so hang in there, and our blog will be out with more details very shortly.

~CaptainSmirk
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,
    Our blog is scheduled to go live in about 45 minutes. Trendy is at the helm and ready to get it published.

Looks like our PR release went out a little prematurely, so hang in there, and our blog will be out with more details very shortly.

~CaptainSmirk

Thanks for the quick reply Smirk! :)
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So it seems it might include a new and experimental character system that grants extra bonuses to regular ones, going by the sound of it in the first link. Seems like this would be the new one-character to rule them all. A.K.A your new main.

Unrelated; I was disappointed when League of Angels wasn't similar to League of Legends. I wanted warrior Valkyries/Angels/Fallen Angels leading legions of Einherjar in a Ragnarok-style war.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (sigh)

/10chars
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (sigh)

/10chars

Y'see, that's what happens when you abuse the server hamsters. They leak information to the press :P
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    (sigh)

/10chars

Its alright Trendy.
    I like your blogs. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I look forward to reading the self combustion of outrage and predictions of DOOM!!!!!

:cool:
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2015
    So... basically a normal day on the STO forums? :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... basically a normal day on the STO forums? :D

Sure, but this time it's really DOOM!!!!!, I mean this time for sure I tell you!!!!!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2015
    I'll get the popcorn.
    edited March 2015
    Well... I think it actually sounds rather interesting.
    (sigh)

/10chars

whats wrong?
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll get the popcorn.

Can we get the white cheddar stuff for it this time?
    edited March 2015
    Can we get the white cheddar stuff for it this time?

I'll get the combo bundle, which comes with an all-in-one minibar I can set up to provide snacks and drinks of any kind to anyone who would like to watch the mayhem. :cool:
  • copperminkcoppermink Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Who comes up with such stupid ideas, seriously? I didn't create my current chars to force-shelf them for some "weeks long event". :P :(
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I'm gonna have to make a new character ... even though I already have all the faction/profession combos i want ... well, i guess i could make that Vorta I was considering even if I don't get one of the new bugs ... wish I could just plop an existing character in the recruit slot
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really hope this isn't as stupid as it sounds and that the dev blog isn't as vague as these other sources...
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    I really hope this isn't as stupid as it sounds and that the dev blog isn't as vague as these other sources...

Not "vague"... Cryptic...
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Making a new character to unlock things for all of my existing characters doesn't seem like a bad thing.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Not "vague"... Cryptic...

"... which will be explained in more detail in a future blog post."
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make a new character? No problem.

Spend money on things for my new character? HA HA HAAAAA. No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This new character wouldn't be a bad idea if they at least gave a month long EXP event in celebration, much like how they did for the month+ of XP boosts prior to DR's release.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm. I might buy a Caitian or Faresian unlock.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So it seems it might include a new and experimental character system that grants extra bonuses to regular ones, going by the sound of it in the first link. Seems like this would be the new one-character to rule them all. A.K.A your new main.
    The dev blog may yet render this speculation moot once it goes up, but that was not my read of it.
    Folk already playing Star Trek Online will receive a new character slot to enable them to create a Delta Recruit and each of the progression based rewards has an account wide unlock so players can keep their other characters up to speed while they level a new recruit.
    The way I read this passage was that these rewards would be unlocked for your entire account--you just have to play the new character to unlock them.

I'll wait to see what the blog says, but I do hope the development team understands what an apocalyptically bad idea it would be to permanently turn every pre-existing character into a second-class citizen by giving new characters access to any upgrades that existing characters can never get.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They did something like this in CO, and it was NOT well received.

It's a true testament to PWI stupidity that they're trying it again here.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015

thats what it looks like to me as well. the groundwork for a new 't6 toon' with its own mastery traits running generic single faction missions. no doubt they are working on a system to make my race (and by extension my entire faction) t5u-style obsolete in a way that LoR couldnt achieve.

so we are probably looking at not only replacing ships and gear in 2015, but our toons as well? maybe. i sure wouldnt put it past cryptic. i dont know about you guys, but i reckon more than a handful of people might consider that a perfect time to cut their losses and move on. i know i sure will.
This discussion has been closed.