test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boffs still broken? or is it just me?

hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Anyone else still having problems with boffs vanishing? Or is my crew just scared to report for duty? Dev's any eta on the fix??
Post edited by hsm2k4 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still happening to everyone.

Really they just need to remove the entire loadout system, refund anyone who bought extra loadout slots, and publicly apologize for the debacle. The thing has never worked right.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015

indeed; sad because the idea is good
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, still happening to everyone.

The best workaround for now is to remember that boff stations and skill choices are included in the loadouts. So set them up and save to your loadout. When they vanish, load your saved loadout.

Just remember to save after every gear change too. Otherwise loading that save will revert to old gear from the last save.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mine are doing the same. However its not a bad issue. I know what my ship usually uses and who is in those spots. So a few clicks and I'm on my way.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    indeed; sad because the idea is good
    It is more than good, the idea is perfect. I want to see the same principle of load outs applied to all the trait categories.

The implementation is still a WIP. Let's not confuse a rough WIP with the idea itself being a problem.
    Just remember to save after every gear change too. Otherwise loading that save will revert to old gear from the last save.
    Which reminds me, when we save a load out within a mission it should save. Right now those changes are forgotten. Which is particularly annoying when I was recovering from a failed load out to begin with.
  • Options
    nephiannephian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The implementation is still a WIP. Let's not confuse a rough WIP with the idea itself being a problem.

^This.

But in response to the OP, I actually had a new permutation of the problem happen twice today. I queued into the Crystalline event, experienced the empty-trays bug, (sighed inwardly,) attempted to re-load my loadout and promptly lost the ability to manipulate or access the trays altogether. The loadout radio button greyed itself out and I had to leave the instance in order to restore proper functionality to my ship. No amount of waiting or mucking about could fix the problem within the instance.

It's pretty bad when the generic workaround to a major glitch itself becomes glitched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Loadout system is working fine, though, so it's easily resolved.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having it constantly, usually on my klink and romulan and spending most of CE fixing the boff abilities because they unseat when entering.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do have it happen from time to time, but usually selecting my saved loadout puts them right back in place.

It's true what someone else said, you have to save the loadout after every single change. I even save it when I refill my consumables. I normally save once in a space zone like ESD, Undine, etc and do another save in sector space.

It's not perfect, but it usually works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I logged in for the first time in weeks last night, only to find my boffs still broken. Powers that weren't even active in my power tray and selection, powers that were active nowhere to be had. Still a mess. Still waiting for a fix. Still loathe the new icons.

I'd like to play, but I'm of the firm belief I shouldn't have to be always looking for that next workaround for something as basic as using my own abilities. :(
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Add one more to the list...I'm always afraid that folks think I'm AFK in CE, but I'm really just getting my BOFF powers back in the tray for the first 2 minutes. It consistly does not work across 6 toons...agreed, they should just remove the entire load-out system...so broken, so very broken.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    Add one more to the list...I'm always afraid that folks think I'm AFK in CE, but I'm really just getting my BOFF powers back in the tray for the first 2 minutes. It consistly does not work across 6 toons...agreed, they should just remove the entire load-out system...so broken, so very broken.

It happened to me in CE as well. Had to spend a couple of minutes placing everything as the workaround...didnt work :rolleyes:

I'd have to say it was worse this weekend, as every character I played had the issue at one stage or another.

Has this actually been acknowledged by Cryptic? :confused:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have these issues serveral times every day.

Either the boffs left their stations or the ground boffs have completely random skills.

The boff skill/loadout system is a pure mess... and unless that is fixed i dont even want the devs to mess around with trait loadouts.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Removing the load-out system isn't going to fix things. The vanishing boff bug has been going on since the game launched.

That is what the latest comment from the developers on this also suggested. It isn't the loadout system that's the cause. And currently, it also seems the best work-around for it, because you can normally re-gain all BOFFs by activating a loadout again.

Unfortunately it requires "discipline" in regularly saving your loadouts. (Maybe the loadout feature needs a checkbox for "Only Boffs" and "Only Gear"?)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've noticed that if I add/discharge BOFFs or Ships the bug hits in full force. It takes me a while to get things back to normal (multiple saves with various hijinks).

After that it's back to normal, i.e. AWOL BOFFs now and then and I have to reload my loadout (which almost always, but not always fixes things for a while).

If Cryptic had a sense of humor, they'd add a Duty Mission: "Retrieve AWOL BOFFs" that would reward a random Bridge Officer. If they can't fix it, they should at least make fun of it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That is what the latest comment from the developers on this also suggested. It isn't the loadout system that's the cause. And currently, it also seems the best work-around for it, because you can normally re-gain all BOFFs by activating a loadout again.

Unfortunately it requires "discipline" in regularly saving your loadouts. (Maybe the loadout feature needs a checkbox for "Only Boffs" and "Only Gear"?)
    My hypothesis is that there is a check in the game code to look to see what your boffs are. But if this check hits a lag spike sometimes it fails. It could be done when you rezone as an anti-cheating feature.

This can have multiple outcomes, it's not JUST boffs unseating that it causes.

It can also do this. normally there would be 4 NPCs based on my Boffs there, but there's 2 boffs(the Tellarite engineer and the Borg), and two random NPCs who have no names, and a generic outfit.

Also you'll see it when choosing boffs to seat on your ship. Sometimes when you click the down arrow the game has to think about it for a while before it can make a list of boffs that are available.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let us not forget that space BOFFs powers unslotting is not the only bug with new system - among the major issues also there are:
    - ground powers resetting at random (and no loadout system will help with THAT)
    - Dyson Destroyer commander seat bug
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still happening. Boff and doffs. They disappear randomly it's the most annoying part of this game!
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm still having quite a bit of trouble with my boffs as well. I can normally restore them with the loadout button then switching over to the boff tab, but it doesn't work every time. It's unfortunate because I think overall the loadout system and the change to how we train of boffs are both good, but like everything else introduced in the game it's implemented ready or not. I've never played another mmo with so many broken systems in it that are never quite fixed and then end up more broken next update.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't usually complain about a now and again glitch that I can fix and does not interfere in game play, but when I am checking that boffs are at stations, find them in place, then jump into Crystalline Cataclysm only to find they on a coffee brake during the warp trip. :confused:

:: shakes head ::

It's just not fair to the other players expecting all ship to push forward on the CE as one and my ship just sits there while I get them back to stations.

I'd court martial the whole lot of them, but I know that it is these alien entities that possessed them and made them walk off their jobs. :rolleyes: ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even if they don't unslot they can have the wrong skills active. And the wrong skills go in your tray. Its not until you go to click that you might notice it. and by then you are in Red Alert and cant just fix it.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]