test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my account got banned, they say im fraud?

josephdainesjosephdaines Member Posts: 9 Arc User
So i purshased 25$ worth of zen throo steam, and they say im a fraud, so i send in a support tickket, they say its only a (probation) witch is BS, so then, i get on today, AND IM BANNED???? what did i ever do? nothing, and support will not respond to any of my tickkets, i didnt even get an email about why i was banned
Post edited by josephdaines on

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    An actual account ban? Wow. O_O

You may want to see this thread though...this is related: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1286371

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Search the forums, I remember this happened to another steam user.

Also perhaps we should all stop using steam as this seems to be a recurring issue on their side.

In the mean time have you tried logging in through arc?
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • josephdainesjosephdaines Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Search the forums, I remember this happened to another steam user.

Also perhaps we should all stop using steam as this seems to be a recurring issue on their side.

In the mean time have you tried logging in through arc?
    i have serchet all the forums, ive done support tikkets, NO ONE will respond, i dont know what to do :'(
    edited March 2015
    i have serchet all the forums, ive done support tikkets, NO ONE will respond, i dont know what to do :'(

Patience. If this just happened then there's a good chance your ticked wont even be seen till Monday.

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So i purshased 25$ worth of zen throo steam, and they say im a fraud, so i send in a support tickket, they say its only a (probation) witch is BS, so then, i get on today, AND IM BANNED???? what did i ever do? nothing, and support will not respond to any of my tickkets, i didnt even get an email about why i was banned

thats what you get for buying zen.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Somehow I suspect there's more to this story. Somehow.
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got Steam in the beginning, had it for 5 days, removed it, never went back for it.
    For 5 days I had nothing but trouble.
    Incompatibility issues, game installing issues, modding problems, you name it...
    Removed it again, installed the game without the bloody Steam, and never had an issue since.
    Well, until I had 1 mod too much installed... XD
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    never had an issue playing sto on steam but then again i never put any credits through steam on it.

in any event, this OP story does infact look suspect.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited March 2015
    never had an issue playing sto on steam but then again i never put any credits through steam on it.

in any event, this OP story does infact look suspect.

Eh the use of language is terrible so I'll just assume a non native, could have learned it late in life.

Either way I have heard of this before.

• cantrill1cantrill1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    I got Steam in the beginning, had it for 5 days, removed it, never went back for it.
    For 5 days I had nothing but trouble.
    Incompatibility issues, game installing issues, modding problems, you name it...
    Removed it again, installed the game without the bloody Steam, and never had an issue since.
    Well, until I had 1 mod too much installed... XD

When i first started playing STO i used steam, i tried to make a zen purchase through steam and guess what steam locked my account, reasons?? because i was a new user they wanted photo id copies of bank statements copies of the full bank card numbers etc, i deleted steam and installed the game standalone
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't really suspect it. It';s steam. a lot of people buying from steam will get probation and the program running it is a computer, not a person
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh, the amount of times i've bumbled my way through Steam, i've never had any issues with it, in fact, it saved me a LOT of time and hassle recently.

I had just upgraded my pc but had kept an old 2Tb HDD. However just a few days ago, it began to fail, bad sectors even. So I copied what I could off that drive and replaced it. Steam didn't miss a beat. Despite me being unable to copy several chunks of various game folders, steam verified all my games and downloaded what was missing, saved me hours of work.

I've made many purchases through steam without an issue but I've never purchased zen that way, being in Aus I think it may actually be incompatible, as the only way to buy zen that worked here was via Google Wallet, so that's what I ended up using. However since season 7, I haven't been happy enough to put any money into STO anyway.

I would say that if you have made purchases on steam before that there has been a change of details somewhere along the line, perhaps a credit card number or an address doesn't match up between pwe and steam and it has raised some flags. Either way, if it is something silly like this, I would see no reason why it couldn't be resolved easily enough, get in contact with them!
  • mavolio121mavolio121 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah been here, done that. Steam SUCKS! I cant count how many times over the years I've had troubles with online gaming and getting "false flagged" for one thing or another using their (IMO) garbage software.

(Edit) I'll take my chances using the PWE's Arc platform/launcher thingie. */knocks_on_wood*
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh the use of language is terrible so I'll just assume a non native, could have learned it late in life.

are you refering to me or the op? with me i dont care what you think so its a waste of time telling me, as for the op thats not my concern.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mavolio121 wrote: »
    Yeah been here, done that. Steam SUCKS! I cant count how many times over the years I've had troubles with online gaming and getting "false flagged" for one thing or another using their (IMO) garbage software.

(Edit) I'll take my chances using the PWE's Arc platform/launcher thingie. */knocks_on_wood*

you think steams bad, try Uplay. I very nearly bought a second copy of Farcry 4 because uplay refused to recognize I had it installed from the retail disks, So i had to let it download the 30 odd gigabytes over several days just to play it... Gah.

That said, I refuse to touch Arc, however It seems to do the business ok, but then it only deals with PWE's software so I would hope that the Arc Developers are somewhat familiar with the target software.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Definitely something odd going on since the OP made this thread Today 04:35 PM and checking Arc right now Arc shows the OP was last online playing just 4 hours ago.

If his account was banned by Cryptic he wouldn't be able to log in to any games.
    Steam only tracks that the game client was launched

It shows people "playing" STO even when servers are down for maintenance
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Some people don't use Arc or Steam to launch this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thread closed. Only support can help you with an account ban.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.