test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't copy character over

khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
edited April 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I put in a request for a character copy last night and it still hadn't shown up by today, so I put in another request an hour or two ago and still he's not showing up. The request said it had gone through but it doesn't seem to be working.

Luckily I already have a couple of toons on there, though they are outdated which is a pain.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    More info, this seems to be limited to one of my characters...

R'shen@khamseen just plain refuses to show up on Tribble, yet I've now copied over other toons just fine. At first I thought maybe it's because he's a Caitian and C-Store purchases don't register on Tribble. But I've just copied over my Ferasan without a problem.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Having the same problem here, with a Caitian who used to be able to be transferred without problem.
    Tried log in and out in a different character on Holodeck before trying the transfer. Nothing.
    Tried deleting every older transferred copy of the character. Nothing.

On the other hand, I managed to copy my Ferasan 30 times including several times in a row.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited March 2015
    Having the same problem here, with a Caitian who used to be able to be transferred without problem.
    Tried log in and out in a different character on Holodeck before trying the transfer. Nothing.
    Tried deleting every older transferred copy of the character. Nothing.

On the other hand, I managed to copy my Ferasan 30 times including several times in a row.

It's weird huh? If my Ferasan hadn't copied I would have assumed it was due to the lack of c-store unlocks on Tribble, but the fact that they copy over fine it's strange that the Caitians do not.
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got hte same problem with a trill captain. I deleted all my characters, submited a copy request, but it won't copy over.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Same problem here. I have been submitting copy request for 3-4 days now with no result.
    edited March 2015
    I managed to get my trill captain copied (as well as my Gorn, my 2 Remans, my Romulan, my Orion, my Ferasan and my Alien). My Caitian however, still has no luck.

At first, I thought it was because she had a Bugship, but even changing the ship before trying to transfer her doesn't work (and I'm NOT gonna delete my bugship to see if this solves the problem), then I thought it was because I had a Xindi-Reptilian Boff, but even replacing him by a vanilla species Boff doesn't work (and once again, I'm NOT gonna delete him to see if this solves anything).
    #TASforSTO
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Still cannot copy over. Its been over a week and I try copying 2-3 each day.
  • drakemanabanedrakemanabane Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been having the same problem with one of my characters. My bigger question is how many of you guys are trying to copy a 60? Mine is Human and 60 so my guess is there is a glitch with transferring 60's.
    edited March 2015
    I've been having the same problem with one of my characters. My bigger question is how many of you guys are trying to copy a 60? Mine is Human and 60 so my guess is there is a glitch with transferring 60's.

Copied over a few level 60s OK. However when testing to see if it was level related I found several other characters who wont copy over, of mixed species and level.
    edited March 2015
    I managed to finally copy my Caitian at least once.

Thanks for fixing it, devs, hoping it got fixed for everyone.
    #TASforSTO
  • linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As another data point I have not been able to copy characters to Tribble, have only tried for today though.
    I tried several attempts to copy, got the Success message, log out/in, no dice.
    I even started a fresh toon on tribble to see if something was messed up with that last slot.
    Deleted the new toon, tried to copy again.
    Got success message, but doesn't show up.
    Tried copying a couple other toons, still nothing.

So ya, still broken.... :(
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am unable to copy my toons too. it says success, but nothing ever gets transferred.

and now the web page is bringing up a "ARC defender" dialog asking for a PIN they are sending to my email. the message never came, so I hit the where is my PIN to resend the email, but still no email. at this point I have used up all three PIN message sending attempts, it has beens 6+ hours and still no message. this isn't a case of slow email.... something has gone wrong over there.... at least I could still login to the forum. I am really pissed that I am now locked out of my account for 24 hours. because of PWE's mistake
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
    edited March 2015
    And it's broken again indeed, can't copy my Caitian anymore. Uuuugh.
    #TASforSTO
    edited March 2015
    all but my main toon were able to transfer over so my lvl 10 alien fed tranfered, my kling and my rom both lvl 50 transferred, but not my lvl 60 human fed.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not able to copy my characters over either, tried three toons, Level 60 kdf-rom, level 51 kdf-rom, and a level 60 klingon. Waited at least 2 hours and none ever showed up even though I get the success screen. Also checked redshirt to see if they were showing up there and nothing.
    edited March 2015
    when I tried transferring my <60 characters they transferred immediately, but when I tried transferring the character that I really wanted to transfer and test (lvl 60), it said transfer request was successful, but the character doesn't transfer.
    edited March 2015
    is anybody able to open a support ticket? when I press the button to do so on the support page, my browser closes.... if this is PWE's doing then shame on them. I even tried access the link the ARC, and Arc just sits there when I click the button to open a support ticket. just WTF is going on ovr there there at PWE?
  • velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also cannot transfer any level 60 character over. Says successful, but they won't migrate over it seems.
    edited March 2015
    wish there was a way to tell whether it was just lvl 60's that aren't transferring or just anything above level 50
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to go ahead start leveling up my leveling up my level 50 rom character and then keep transfering it over after each level up to see when I hit the copy transfer broken problem

I will keep you all posted.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having trouble transferring my Level 58 character over, it seems like it's any level 50+ character.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • promeignpromeign Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To me it seems more like Characters with the new accolades given upon completing a storysection can't be copied over. One character I could copy over before I logged in on Holodeck and obtained the accolades. Because as far as I can see
    THIS ACCOLADES AREN'T IN THE SYSTEM OF TRIBBLE
    edited April 2015
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble transferring my Level 58 character over, it seems like it's any level 50+ character.

well it is good to get some confirmation of my suspicions.
    promeign wrote: »
    To me it seems more like Characters with the new accolades given upon completing a storysection can't be copied over. One character I could copy over before I logged in on Holodeck and obtained the accolades. Because as far as I can see
    THIS ACCOLADES AREN'T IN THE SYSTEM OF TRIBBLE

my lvl 50 rom just got the those, I will try transferring the toon again to see if it it goes.

still can't transfer my main toon though.
    edited April 2015
    just tried transferring a second, updated copy of my level 50 toon, and it does not transfer any more. I believe promeign was correct for the reason the toons are not transfering. the only difference between my rom toon from yesterday when I was able to first transfer it, is some skill points, and the new story mission accolades.

my level 50 kling hasn't been accessed yet on holodeck, but should get the accolades if I were to log in, I will try transferring it and see if the accolades show up on tribble
    edited April 2015
    looks like promeign is 100 percent correct on the accolades not being on tribble.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It sure looks like it, my Caitian tac is level 50 and (I think) has the accolades. Can't transfer her though.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know about other people problems, but i got one more:

The choice of Characters to copy is limited for me to 10 first characters.

And i got actually 16 characters now on my Holodeck account :(

When i open list there is no scrolling option for my toons...
    and only first 10 are visible
    edited April 2015
    how many slots does tribble say you have available for characters? mine says 8 (I think) and one unrestricted foundry slot
    edited April 2015
    I just went to see If it was possible to transfer my new delta recruit toon over to tribble and got a

"You have no characters! Please visit this page again once you have created a character in game."

that had better not be the case.... otherwise I am going to be really pissed about losing all the TRIBBLE I have painstakingly accumulated in the three plus years of playing.

Guess I will have to wait until the servers go back up to see if I have really lost my toons.

until then I will be stuck with a giant WTF?!
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i get a '502' bad gateway error.....thats a BIG !!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!