test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with aegis Mk XII

2»

Comments

• jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this in the works for a fix-up still?

Posted the affected character with the set in this thread and personally haven't seen any change, so I'm curious if any headway has been made.

Really want to upgrade this, but if I'm SOL with it being bound to character than that's a no-go for me.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I tried slotting each of the pieces in the upgrade window .

that's another issue.... maybe its just a display thing but the shields have really poor upgrade stats... like any other shield might go from say 5000 to 7000 but the Aegis only goes from 5000 to 5300

Regradless, I wanted the shield for purely cosmetic purposes om Toon 3. Toons 1 & 2 already had the set. Since the new versions are just too expensive to mess with I wanted to just use one I already had, but both sets are character only
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Having same issue of Aegis being bound to character across multiple characters, @baelogventure.
  • tychomorpheousatychomorpheousa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I too have a character with an aegis set character bound: myra@tychomorpheousa
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @Genmomo, multiple Aegis sets bound to character rather than account.
    Maybe the incoming item fixes will adjust this automatically?
  • ahud14ahud14 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    2 pieces of mine are infinity sign and the 3rd is a mkxii all are from before rd changed, not at home to check and see if account bound but i'd like to get the bonus from having all 3 pieces again which went away when the one piece became a mk xii
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    ahud14 wrote: »
    2 pieces of mine are infinity sign and the 3rd is a mkxii all are from before rd changed, not at home to check and see if account bound but i'd like to get the bonus from having all 3 pieces again which went away when the one piece became a mk xii

If you drop the items with the infinity symbol into the upgrade window they will be instantly converted to MK XII versions.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you drop the items with the infinity symbol into the upgrade window they will be instantly converted to MK XII versions.

. . . which in turn should make them account bound.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has there been any update on this, any dev and/or CrypticFrost? I don't want to craft or buy these if I can't move them around.
  • jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It's been over 2 years after this was reported.

It's still not fixed.

*sigh*
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Any Aegis created before they updated Crafting will ALWAYS be Character Bound. They stated that at the time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns