test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vo'quv

geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Who here flies this mighty ship? Let everyone know that this ship is still in use! Also, post your builds, to show people this ship isn't useless. Here's mine.
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=kotrukgeekysoldier_0
I've managed to parse up to 35k in this build
DMoNDoR.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I bought the mirror version yesterday. Thanks for sharing ur build!
  • geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also, if anyone has suggestions to improve my build feel free too. Right now I'm PVE only.
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this a archive thread ?
    edited March 2015
    No, I created the thread yesterday.
    DMoNDoR.jpg
    edited March 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    mirror version is actually better.

In using the Kobali set, ap weapons and bop pets. I'm having more fun with this then with my decked out fed toon flying his breen carrier. For only t5 I think the stat are not to bad and once I get my weapons to mkXIII I should be able to do advanced without a problem. Really so much fun in this old and obsolete ship.
    edited March 2015
    I put the same equipment on my Fleet Kar'fi and I parse less. This lag is really killing the DPS leages. Also, Voquvs United is dead, the last STF run I did with them I was the only one in a Vo'quv and we failed. That was 1 month ago and I haven't heard much out of the channel since
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I put the same equipment on my Fleet Kar'fi and I parse less. This lag is really killing the DPS leages. Also, Voquvs United is dead, the last STF run I did with them I was the only one in a Vo'quv and we failed. That was 1 month ago and I haven't heard much out of the channel since

I am a member of vo'quvs united but since shortly after DR, I mothballed my t5u fleet voquv because it just doesn't have enough dps or turn-rate to handle advanced or elite stf runs. Geko is to blame on this one too since pet dps was halved by 50%, effectively killing voquvs and atroxes that depend heavily on their pets for dps. Not much else to say since asking them to change it back is futile and the devs don't give a flying hoot about the kdf anyways.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited March 2015
    So nobody flies this ship anymore?
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They are obsolete but can be kind of different to fly. I have the Fleet on my sci and the Mirror on my tac. I have been cleaning up the BOFF seating after the changes, and have flown both ships in Crystaline. I put the Varanus hull repair console on my sci and pulled 1st place just from the passive heals (all my fighter pets also got drones). I have not purchased any T5-U upgrade tokens, can't upgrade the Mirror one obviously, the other probably not worth it.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Vo'Quv is still a very solid 2-hangar carrier but the Fleet version has a high asking price: T5 military shipyard; a whopping 4 FSMs like many KDF Fleet ships.

What I like about the Vo'Quv is that it is strong in all 3 departments: TAC, ENG, and of course, SCI. Very sturdy ship but on the sluggish side like most carriers. The ship can do all you ask of a carrier.

The Elite Qaw'Dun BOPs are wonderful but take a lot more babysitting to truly maximize their potential. CRF3 with cannons and HYT3 with quantum torps. But the way hangar unit AI works out, they're easily wasted. They take exceedingly long and wide turns.

To make the most of them, think of them as "Alpha Striking" hangar units. This is what I do with them:

1. When fully deployed (all 4), keep them cloaked / on Recall, inside the carrier.

2. To mitigate their wide turning tendencies and to maximize their firepower, I position myself at around the "mid range" of about 5-6km with nose pointing to the target.

3. When the shields of the target are going down, hit Attack.

At such pre-positioning for release, the Elite BOPs come out, decloak, and easily have enough distance to quickly present their forward firepower. All 4 of those BOPs with CRF3 blazing, HYT3 Quantums launching are a beautiful sight. For such a "Hangar Units Alpha Strike" nothing else in this game comes close. The Elite JHAS, Elite Rom Drones, Elite Scorpions, Elite Fer'Jai Frigates, whatever. Nothing can surge like a properly executed Elite BOP strike. They either just simply lack that raw firepower to surge like that, or they rely on slow, targetable projectiles that can fail before impact on target.

The catch is that it takes preparation. The Elite BOPs don't shine as a "Launch and forget" type of hangar unit. There's better units for that task. They excel as Alpha Strike weapons.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My kling still runs a mirror one. Like said above if you alpha strike with Elite Qaw'Dun properly it hits like a brick. Its like having TS3 but having 4 targets worth of torps hit 1 target. Mine stay in the hanger most of the time because they dont know how to fly... just shoot.

The boff layout can also slot TS3 and GW3... so with a large grav well, TS3, BOP alpha... most things vaporize. I also like using reverse tractors with it with EWP and nukra mines.

Its old but its unique enough that i wont let it go. And... i worked my TRIBBLE off for those BOPs as they cost A LOT.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a KDF Tac that still flies the MU Vo'Quv. It has served me well for quite some time and is more than adequate for PvE.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there a T-5U upgrade for this ship? I can't find it on the upgrade list anywhere.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there a T-5U upgrade for this ship? I can't find it on the upgrade list anywhere.

Yes there is, it gains a Tac console. A little more oomph to the disruptors is nice, but I'd have liked another sci slot. Still nice, though; why let my BOP pilots have all the fun? :D

A little question about weapons on this. I currently use all beam arrays, which gets a little taxing sometimes, as you have to maintain just a perfect angle relative to the target to both broadside beams and use Science powers, and lovely as the IKS Lukara might be, she's just not very nimble. :) I'm considering DBBs for the front, so the question becomes, if the back has a KCB and an Omni-D disruptor, what goes in the 3rd aft spot? I'm thinking a turret. (I know if I use AP I can double up with the Obelisk antiproton weapon but I want to use disruptors.)

Later on,
    Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the voquv should get a t6, adding a 4th forward gun. Because its weird that the best carriers are xinfy, tholian or jem hadar ships...

Provide a proper t6 carrier for the faction that.. was supposed to have the fckn carriers.
    edited April 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    the voquv should get a t6, adding a 4th forward gun. Because its weird that the best carriers are xinfy, tholian or jem hadar ships...

Provide a proper t6 carrier for the faction that.. was supposed to have the fckn carriers.

I would buy it without even waiting for a sale. Cryptic please do this!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Fleet Vo'Quv only. The one that is given as reward / can be bought for dilithium from the shipyard is not eligible for upgrades, and neither is the Mirror variant. There is no c-store Vo'Quv. You have to buy the Fleet Vo'Quv for (5?) fleet modules from a fleet with a T5 shipyard, then buy an upgrade module to get a T5-U Vo'Quv.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have to buy the Fleet Vo'Quv for (5?) fleet modules from a fleet with a T5 shipyard, then buy an upgrade module to get a T5-U Vo'Quv.

4 FSMs, for what it's worth.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a KDF Eng Nausicaan (named Yupa) who's been flying a Vo'Quv forever... He upgraded to Fleet when that came out, and then bought an upgrade token off the Exchange to make it T5-U.

Beast of a ship, can take a serious beating (~100k hull points).

I don't have all my stats here at the moment, but he uses plasma and had the Embassy consoles to buff those, and was getting about 25k DPS in ISA. Now that those were changed, his DPS has dropped to about 20k.

It's an outdated build anyway, back when it was useful to have a "utility" ship on your crew that could shut down Tac Cubes and Gateways, so he's set up to chain Energy Siphon and Leech. That's not really needed anymore. Though on the upside, he's pegged at 125/130/125/130 all the time. IIRC I've got mining consoles on there one for armor with +turn and one RCS with +armor, that and the high engine power, she handles better than you'd think.

I've heard using the Crafting Science trait, amping up Partical Gen skills, and using PGen-related powers, can really cause havoc, so I'm gonna toy around with that (working on getting Yupa's Sci R&D up, couple more weeks to go).

WarMaker001b, thanks for the directions on the BoP "Alpha Strike" - I never really thought of that... I'll give it a go.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I fly (or used to fly) one with the Vaadwaur turrets for a Battlestar look. Jumped in the Breen Carrier for the trait, sticking with that for now till I can get enough resources for the 4 FSM and upgrade token.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So nobody flies this ship anymore?

it's a given on every KDF toon I made that they pick the vo'quv ( personally think it's one of the best ships in entire game,regardless of faction)
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I've run a Mirror Vo'quv on my KDF Engineer ever since he hit 50, some years ago.. lol

Still have it, and once I unlock all those pesky T6 traits I'll be flying that beautifully ugly beast again.

I don't play KDF often but I did manage to equip it with Phased Biomatter beams (LOL) and B'rel frigates. Still working on getting some great gear for it... :(
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    mirror version is actually better.

Mirror version rocks.

Okay it's dated now, but in it's day....
  • vindicivuotovindicivuoto Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm slowly outfitting a free one as your average drain boat, built around polarized disruptor beams, bio-photon torpedo, and the usual leeching stuff such as Tyken's rift, energy syphon, and plasmonic leech. I've no experience with carriers, and the build is far from complete, so I stay away from STFs for now. But Red Alerts are quite enjoyable, even if I still die sometimes. The ship looks and feels powerful, which is a nice change from my other vessels of choice.

On the topic of STFs, are there any rules a carrier pilot should adhere to? Can the pets mess things up in, say, ISA by blowing up a generator? Or shoot stuff immune to damage like the gate? Should I perhaps keep them on intercept in delicate situations?
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would love it if they made a T6 version of the vo'quv ...would buy it 100 % certain.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    i Would Love It If They Made A T6 Version Of The Vo'quv ...would Buy It 100 % Certain.

^^ This ^^

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • agentdunnagentdunn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My DR Tac Klingon is using the mirror version of this magnificent beast.
    GW3 combined with FAW, TS and pets gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when legions of enemies are sent to their death in one pass

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!
    LONG LIVE THE VO'QUV!
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a KDF Eng Nausicaan (named Yupa) ...
    Ahahaha... I see what you did there.

Also, hell yeah if they make a T6 Vo'quv. I miss my old freebie, though I still sometimes take it out to L50 Normal content for old times' sake :)