test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LLAP - STO Livestream Unveiling the Spock Memorial

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Missed the show? You can watch the recorded version here and join us as we say goodbye to Mr Spock and more of the fallen stars of Trek, and come together with our community to celebrate the lives of these creative legends.

Thank you to all who joined us! It was a very touching Livestream, and it was great to see so many members of our STO Community coming out to thank our dev team for all the hard work they put into this tribute.

Watch the show here: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/6258736

Thank you and LLAP!
~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dam it I missed it! :mad:
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry I missed this.

Smirk, not sure if you've seen it, but I started a thread noting a few names missing from the list on the second page of the memorial text. Seems a few notable Trek contributors are missing. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1393341
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I caught the last few minutes and would like to thank you for doing this. It meant a lot to me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Smirk,

Do you mind posting some nice Wallpapers of this? I mean the Statues in the different locals.

I am sure that everyone will get to these in the coming hours, days, etc, but until we all find the time to get there, a few quality WPs of the Spock Statues, would be nice.

Also, thanks for pulling this off so quickly.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    me and a few other people did a 21 gun salute at the statue on New Romulus
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    me and a few other people did a 21 gun salute at the statue on New Romulus

I popped a memoral ball in his memory for him on Vulcan.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I appreciate that STO took time to do this event, but was there any thought about making this more available for all of us in the US that cannot make these late morning/early afternoon live-streams?

Still, good to see all of you honoring the work of Leonard "Spock" Nimoy.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This seems the best place to do it. I'd like to congratulate and honor the Cryptic design squad, the proverbial Starfleet Corps of Engineers, and how swiftly and beautifully they executed these memorials.

The quotes from the main cast were beautiful and I wasn't expecting the credits of deceased memorial so thank you. Though I must note that John Colicos was conspicuously absent...don't feel bad at all, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences forgot Joan Rivers in their memoriam after all. All in all you ladies and gents did a fine job.

And I'd like to say that as awesome as the statue on Vulcan is, that New Romulus edition took me by surprise, integrating the Romulan Eagle's wings with the Kol-Ut-shan. Brilliant. I wonder if it's now visible in the cut scene of your first visit to New Romulus. :cool:

Anyway, excellent. A fitting tribute to Mr. Nimoy and the character he so brilliantly portrayed. These are small tokens, but certainly appreciated by we the fans. Thank you. Perhaps D'Tan should randomly come out and meditate in front of the statue similar to how the Enterprise-F crew randomly appears in Club 47.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sugi2ksscsugi2kssc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As a long time player and much much longer Star Trek fan I would like to post a hearty thank you to the staff at Cryptic for a job well done on the memorials to late Leonard Nimoy and other members of the Star Trek cast and crew.

As a member of what can be a very demanding community thanks may not always be as forth coming as criticism. Some of which I am certainly given to myself on lesser days.

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to point out all the good work you guys do. There is a great deal of talent reflected in the Star Trek Online's production and planning and although there are always areas that can be improved it does not diminish the work that has been done.

The sensitive portrayal of Nimoy cast as his character Mr. Spock is truly exceptional and would only be topped as a real sculpture and monument. It also reflects a real sensitivity toward your community's needs as well as the late actor and that sensitivity should be recognized.
    Your work on this game is as important to the franchise in this online social world as the films are to traditional media.

Thanks for a job well done on the memorial and on the game as a whole.

Sincerely TK/Kik@Sugi2k
  • nikkisupernovanikkisupernova Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Love the memorials. Now, what can be done about the constant, 24/7 trolling and griefing that is now taking place at them? That kind of takes away from it all because in some cases, like earlier just now, you can't even see the memorials due to players purposely standing on or in front of the memorials to block other peoples views or because there are a swarm of disco balls blinding everyone from seeing them.

What's the point of putting stuff like that in the game that simply feeds the trolls, abusers and griefers?
  • career19career19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The statues and Plaques that were put up has helped me so much with his passing and I thank alll of the Dev team for these extraordinary monuments to their memories and accomplishments. They all look Beautiful!
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Missed the show? You can watch the recorded version here and join us as we say goodbye to Mr Spock and more of the fallen stars of Trek, and come together with our community to celebrate the lives of these creative legends.

Thank you to all who joined us! It was a very touching Livestream, and it was great to see so many members of our STO Community coming out to thank our dev team for all the hard work they put into this tribute.

Thank you and LLAP!
    ~CaptainSmirk

Thank you...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • garyv49garyv49 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you all, for all your hard work, it is appreciated!! Great job, well done!!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    And I'd like to say that as awesome as the statue on Vulcan is, that New Romulus edition took me by surprise, integrating the Romulan Eagle's wings with the Kol-Ut-shan. Brilliant.

I agree. The fusion of the two emblems into a single whole is reflective of the ideal of Reunification itself.
  • mrcaton1mrcaton1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is an excellent tribute to Mr. Nimoy and the others who have contributed to Trek and its followers for decades. Well done to the team at Cryptic for recognizing the need and executing it so thoughtfully.

Thank you.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree. The fusion of the two emblems into a single whole is reflective of the ideal of Reunification itself.

Pretty much this.

Cryptic really got it on the nose with this. I'm really liking the new EP now, and I can't wait for his personal touch on the game to come in in a couple of months.

Beautiful and fitting tribute to a truly great man, Cryptic. I applaud you.

I was unable to attend the livestream due to illness, but I am loving the recording. Very touching.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I missed it live but watched it recorded.

Thank you Dev team, you guys did an amazing job with the memorials.
  • akaar2akaar2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the great work. Statues are terrific. Good job to all.
    One small thing about the plaques list of those who've passed ( probably already mentioned) It seems Jeffery Hunter(Capt. Pike) is missing from the roll.
    Live Long and Prosper
    Peace and Long Life
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wanderintx wrote: »
    Sorry I missed this.

Smirk, not sure if you've seen it, but I started a thread noting a few names missing from the list on the second page of the memorial text. Seems a few notable Trek contributors are missing. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1393341

Perfect! I was going thru social channels and making a list of all the names I have been sent. This will help a lot with that task :)
    edited March 2015
    I caught the last few minutes and would like to thank you for doing this. It meant a lot to me.

You are welcome, I am glad you got to make it for the end, and thank you for saying so :)
    edited March 2015
    Smirk,

Do you mind posting some nice Wallpapers of this? I mean the Statues in the different locals.

I am sure that everyone will get to these in the coming hours, days, etc, but until we all find the time to get there, a few quality WPs of the Spock Statues, would be nice.

Also, thanks for pulling this off so quickly.

Sure thing! I will get that done and up early next week. Great suggestion!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

Thank you and LLAP!
    ~CaptainSmirk

Awesome the effort is appreciated
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

I want a Doohan statue at Utopia Planetia.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Thanks.

This is the best I could get just now.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-25BybIVBpKI/VProJ19bZtI/AAAAAAAAGyg/UYFBudBtwSA/w1512-h850-no/SpockStatue-001.jpg

There are only two instance for Vulcan just now. Party horns a plenty in both.

Also, how did you manage that cool telescopic zoom in from the top of the stairs? Is that a Dev thing or is it just one of those technical thingies I do not know about?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just watched the live stream recording and have to say after seeing the statues without the disco balls and party horns and other peope spoiling the feel of respect on Vulcan i have to say this is very good the statue on Vulcan and the wings on the one in new Romulus shows both lives he has as a reunificationist as well as a federation. However i believe there should also be a statue of him at Starfleet Academy to show his human side rather than just a plaque but thats just me being nit picking at this time
    Good work
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Thanks, I'll definitely be grabbing those wallpapers.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"