Options

Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Borg] [CrtD] [CrtH]

altlexingtonaltlexington Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Quick question :)
I have two of these very rare weapons on my ship :-

I'd like to get two more.

Anyone know how to get them ?
They dont seem to be in reputation or exchange.
Post edited by altlexington on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm guessing you got those from the old omega rep. Check the shops under the omega rep tab. If they're still in the inventory then they can be found there.

Having said that, the [borg] modifier is sketchy at best. Not because it doesn't work, but because many borg ships are not recognized as borg ships.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for answering.

I did aquire them quite a while ago.
    I have looked in the reputation projects and the store but carnt find them, or on even the exchange.
    I suspected that things have changed since I got them.

Can I now ask that if the [Borg] modifier has no real meaning then would other identical quantums have the same effect and strength against an enemy, even agaisnt Borg ?
    I mean Quantums with the [CritD] and [CrtH] but not the [Borg] part :)
  • Options
    sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I understand your question correct:
    The strength of a weapon depends on multiple factor:
    1. the Mk, XIV is the best
    2. the rarity, Epic is the best
    3. the modifier like [Dmg]
    I am not 100% sure, but NPCs don't have specific damage resistence,
    so basicly ever Quantum per se do the same damage to all NPCs. Ands you have to choose whitch modifier you want in addition
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [Borg] = 7,5% chance - 1000 Radiation Damage vs Borg NPC's... never really made a difference, neither visually nor technically, in my experience though.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks again for answering people :)

I have looked on the exchange and found the varying prices of Quantums and see that the more popular the modifiers are the small bit more expensive they get, and the most popular are usually the one's that do the greatest damange.

So modifiers increase price small amount.
    Mk increase price medium amount.
    And Quality increases price large amount.

To get torpedo's like the [Borg] one's I already have I'm looking at about 800'000 EC each, which is OK because with better Quantums than what I'm currently looking for it can start as high as 50'000'000 EC.

What I am really trying to do is increase my ships Attack Stats and I just bought a load of purple consoles to do that and it worked so well that I thought the new quantums would make it even better than the mine launchers I have Breen and Vaadwaur at the moment.

So I'll save my EC and get those torpedo's and they will do me untill I can afford the really cool stuff, or R&D it by sinking my Dilithium.

Oh a side note, I just got Borg Seige Master Accolade from Fleet Alert :)
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The [borg] mod was discontinued a couple years back before the rep system was introduced.

The Devs stated that it never functioned properly and was removed. Finding anything with those mods is unlikely at best.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick question :)
    I have two of these very rare weapons on my ship :-

I'd like to get two more.

Anyone know how to get them ?
    They dont seem to be in reputation or exchange.

The old stores are still available at task force omega, you just have to actually fly there ... can't remember if that gear was the [borg] gear, never stacked that modifier cause, well, there are other enemies.

EDIT: can't find anything online about it but I know I was able to pull the vendor up the other day when I was running the Borg arch, may not have been the actual rep gear I suppose. Don't have time to log in and check it out, sorry.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The old stores are still available at task force omega, you just have to actually fly there ... can't remember if that gear was the [borg] gear, never stacked that modifier cause, well, there are other enemies.

EDIT: can't find anything online about it but I know I was able to pull the vendor up the other day when I was running the Borg arch, may not have been the actual rep gear I suppose. Don't have time to log in and check it out, sorry.

the stores there are gone... that's the space you go to via the jump gate right with the fed and kdf fleets just sitting there?

was there recently on an alt who just hit 50... no stores. bank, exchange and mail only. unless you need the omega rep to see the store at the ships/npc.