test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I am the only one with Performance Issues

yamashiro1yamashiro1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
First of all this is a not a bug report I just want to see what others are going through.

For me I get the lag and rubber banding that others report since the anniversary event but I also get:
  1. 1. STO will hang and it will hang my computer which means that the music or Youtube video that I have running the in background will stop playing. About 1-2 mins later it will resume once STO has stopped taking over my PC.
  2. 2. STO will crash several times during a play session.
  3. 3. Graphical errors and screen flashing on loading screens.
  4. 4. Graphical errors when looking in inventory or DOFF assigments. I can only see the numbers in inventory and not the icons for example. Same thing with DOFF assigments, I cannot see the icons.

It is just me or are others getting these as well. Should I be worried that my video card or soemthing else has an issue or is it the game? I have not seen these issues outside STO.
Post edited by yamashiro1 on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can confirm your experiences with game client crashes and if u look up bug section so can a lot of others.

The problems started with anniversary event. Almost all activities could trigger it. Playing CC almost ever did.

However I had no issues playing 14 CC and a few other PvE yesterday.

Without dropping to premature conclusion it could be that the client crashes have been dealt with on yesterdays patch.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • daivelarsendaivelarsen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I started having issues right after this march 5th update, i go to login, and it has the loading bar... then goes to the next screen with "Star Trek Online - Delta Rising" with "loading" at the bottom and just sits there....
    I have tried restarting the game... my computer and nothing.... i'm currently just letting it sit, to see how long it takes... if at all... its been about 20 minutes now lol
    #thankgodfornetflix
    #firstworldproblems
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Performance issues with the game...my bad...thought you meant something else... :D
  • cantrill1cantrill1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I started having issues right after this march 5th update, i go to login, and it has the loading bar... then goes to the next screen with "Star Trek Online - Delta Rising" with "loading" at the bottom and just sits there....
    I have tried restarting the game... my computer and nothing.... i'm currently just letting it sit, to see how long it takes... if at all... its been about 20 minutes now lol
    #thankgodfornetflix
    #firstworldproblems

i had this well known issue and found a fix

on the launcher click options, then make sure safe mode is ticked, this seems to allow the client to get past that sticking issue

hope this helps friend