test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well done Cryptic

captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
The memorials are nice and respectful. Excellent job Cryptic. I think the New Romulus memorial veiwing area is amazing, and people can't pop party balls. Thank you.

Edit: +1 to CPT Smirk for his Twitch feed, glad to see that some Devs are actual fans
giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When I read the tittle I thought you were being sarcastic, most people usually are. :rolleyes:
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They missed off John Colicos from the memorial plaque, you can't have Kang and Koloth without Kor The Dahar master! :cool:
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would have one suggestion though.
    People used their tricorder scans as "candles" as a show of tribute which pointed at a nearby Omega scan item I believe.

I would love, if that would still be possible to do.

Taco, could you add an invisible interact high above the statue so a tricorder scan would point up into the sky if you stand directly next to the statue?

Being able to salute with a tricorder would be so Spock! :)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    +1

Went to the statue on New Romulus, then to Vulcan, and just read the Plaque on Earth Spacedock. It's a touching and fitting tribute to the people who brought us this optimistic vision of humanity and the future.

I am particularly taken by the care taken to remember and list all the people on the Memorial Plaque. It shows the effort that was taken "in the spirit", beyond the immediate desire to memorialize Leonard Nimoy himself.

Thank you, Cryptic.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    indeed it was touching to see that they listened to not only those asking for a memorial for nimoy but for those asking for others to.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A fine job indeed, Dev Team. Thank you for acting so quickly on this and going the extra distance as well.
    Thank you also for not overdoing the memorials. The understated presentation of them is surprisingly moving.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you, devs, for the wonderful tributes. The first moment I arrived on Vulcan, and saw the memorial, it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for caring. LLAP
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have some issues with the one on New Romulus and the one on Vulcan:

1.) A player is prevented from getting up on the monument on Vulcan, it prevents the taking of selfies.

2.) The one on New Romulus does not allow for memorial balls to be used anywhere need the moument, it prevents players for showing our appreciation.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The monuments are very respectful, and not over the top.
    I think they're quite classy.

Good job dev team. Its a nice way to say goodbye to the man, who was the face of star trek.
    I know whenever I see these monuments in game, ill stop by, an think of what that character stands for, and represents to me.
    Its very appropriate.

Live Long and Prosper \\//_
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    they only memorial i don't like is the one on esd hidden up second floor :(
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    I have some issues with the one on New Romulus and the one on Vulcan:

1.) A player is prevented from getting up on the monument on Vulcan, it prevents the taking of selfies.

2.) The one on New Romulus does not allow for memorial balls to be used anywhere need the moument, it prevents players for showing our appreciation.
    I have some answers for your issues with the one on New Romulus and the one on Vulcan:

1.) A troll is prevented from getting up on the monument on Vulcan like a narcissistic mugato, it prevents the taking of arrogant selfies.

2.) The one on New Romulus does not allow for gaudy disco balls to be used anywhere near the monument detracting from the devs' hard work at making a beautiful monument, it prevents you trolls from showing your disrespect.

I think that ticket has been resolved, don't you?

Moving on...
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They now also need to add Harve Bennett to the second list on the memorials at ESD, FC, and NR. He passed on Wednesday. Not sure if that's been mentioned yet (didn't get to watch all the livestream feed).

FYI, he helped bring us Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, and Final Frontier.

RIP Harve Bennett (Producer, 1930-2015).
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    I have some answers for your issues with the one on New Romulus and the one on Vulcan:

1.) A troll is prevented from getting up on the monument on Vulcan like a narcissistic mugato, it prevents the taking of arrogant selfies.

I take objection to your tone sir, selfies are very common in today's society!

No ticket needed , I have photo shop, I can place myself on the monument with a couple of mouse clicks, I must start on that soon so I can add it to the official thread!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    I take objection to your tone sir, selfies are very common in today's society!

No ticket needed , I have photo shop, I can place myself on the monument with a couple of mouse clicks, I must start on that soon so I can add it to the official thread!

You try too hard.