test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

Comments

• pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This guy gets it.

The Attack Ship was bound to be replaced by a new shiny/flavor as the status symbol at some point. And now it has.

That's just how it works.

I think the issue is that its been replaced by the same ship, but requiring the hard gamble all over again.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Enjoy playing on the server all by yourself when all the players who are sick and tired of being treated like disposable tissues leave and spend their money elsewhere. If you believe all the "healthy and growing" bulls hit the devs tell you then you are as stupid as your post suggests.

I've pretty much moved on already. I play a couple hours of World of Tanks and spend about 5 seconds hovering over the STO icon.
    Spock.jpg

• mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've pretty much moved on already. I play a couple hours of World of Tanks and spend about 5 seconds hovering over the STO icon.

5 seconds? Wasted time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Theres a group of players that believe that those '[Insert @name here] has won [Insert Lockbox Ship here]' are not actually real. That theyre designed to randomly pull players names and insert them into the announcement hoping to drive up the sales of keys and now R&D Boxes.

well, that's certainly raised the bar for paranoia around here.
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They did. In the blog that says T6 capabilities. It's clearly not getting them so someone goofed on the blog.

Edit: the jhas has t5u capabilities. It's what makes t5u what is. It's not the step up to t6 capabilities people were led to believe they were getting.

So they were supposed to introduce a term no one would know what it meant? They didn't use the term t5-u yet.

Fact of the matter is if they meant T6 they would of said flat out T6 but they didn't...they may have used word play to make people think they were getting T6...and you know what? People ate it up...they threw their wallets at the monitor thinking they were going to get a T6.

Still no one has given me a clear answer (or any answer) on how Cryptic defined *T6 Capabilities*
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Theres a group of players that believe that those '[Insert @name here] has won [Insert Lockbox Ship here]' are not actually real. That theyre designed to randomly pull players names and insert them into the announcement hoping to drive up the sales of keys and now R&D Boxes.

If youre constantly bombarded with the image of players all around winning constantly then it could possibly influence you to believe your chances of winning are just as high. Its been proven that when people hear something often enough. They tend to start believing it even though there has been no factual evidence presented to them. Heresay can easily become fact to someone if theyre bombarded with it enough.

Yeah I'm sure people would of figured that out a long time ago...

I know when I got one of those Tal Shiar Destroyers my name popped up and I got at least a half dozen offers from people to buy the ship in the first few seconds.

I doubt I'm the only person anyone has ever tried that to...plus I even more so doubt that if someones random name popped up and people were spamming them for a ship they didn't get they would get upset...even more more so if they saw their name themselves.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure people would of figured that out a long time ago...

I know when I got one of those Tal Shiar Destroyers my name popped up and I got at least a half dozen offers from people to buy the ship in the first few seconds.

I doubt I'm the only person anyone has ever tried that to...plus I even more so doubt that if someones random name popped up and people were spamming them for a ship they didn't get they would get upset...even more more so if they saw their name themselves.

You are not going along with the conspiracy theory...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    infydel wrote: »
    well, that's certainly raised the bar for paranoia around here.

Judging by their business practices, I wouldn't be suprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So they were supposed to introduce a term no one would know what it meant? They didn't use the term t5-u yet.

Fact of the matter is if they meant T6 they would of said flat out T6 but they didn't...they may have used word play to make people think they were getting T6...and you know what? People ate it up...they threw their wallets at the monitor thinking they were going to get a T6.

Still no one has given me a clear answer (or any answer) on how Cryptic defined *T6 Capabilities*

They didn't have to mention T5U, no one was asking about T5U, all they had to do was answer the simple straight forward question they were asked:

Is the bug upgradable to T6?

The answer to that question is no, they knew it was no, but if they said no, all those precious $ coming in would have been far less, so they KNOWINGLY chose to not tell the truth because...

MONEY!

Even worse, they chose to not tell the truth in a way as to bait people into believing the were getting an upgrade they were never going to get, because after all, the only thing that REALLY maters is, of course, money.

:rolleyes:

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited March 2015

A rather paranoid strawman you put together there. :) Flashing the winners *is* done 'to drive up the sales of keys and now R&D Boxes,' of course. But the names are real. That works, because humans tend to have a very distorted sense of probability. When ppl see others winning left and right, they assume chances must be pretty darn high (whereas in reality, with thousands of people opening these boxes, chances are still awfully slim).
    Its been proven that when people hear something often enough. They tend to start believing it even though there has been no factual evidence presented to them. Heresay can easily become fact to someone if theyre bombarded with it enough.

You can safely take off the tinfoil hat again. :) This is not about indoctrination/being told something often enough, and then starting to believe it, but simply about humans' distorted perception of probability, as I explained above.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    A rather paranoid strawman you put together there. :) Flashing the winners *is* done 'to drive up the sales of keys and now R&D Boxes,' of course. But the names are real. That works, because humans tend to have a very distorted sense of probability. When ppl see other winning left and right, they assume chances must be pretty darn high (whereas in reality, with thousands of people opening these boxes, chances are still awfully slim).

I can assure that it is real. Had too many PMs from people wanting the D'Kora that I obtained due to grinding for Lobi for the Photonic Tactical Bridge Officer. Of course, I was getting idiotic offers like 10 million for a 65 million ship so I just put it on the exchange.

Now if only STO did the same thing that Neverwinter does where only the character name is listed not the handle name.
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Within 20 seconds of getting my bug this morning (12th box out of 20 I got with converted dil) I had no less than 8 people send me tells offering to buy it. the highest offer was 300mil, I believe the term is scalping?

Amusingly I had one guy offer me an [Enhanced Maneuvering System] in exchange for it, tried telling me it was worth 800mil, he was pushy about it too, reminded me of those really seedy used car salesmen.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh hell yes. If it weren't for the IP this game would have closed 6 months after launch.

I wholeheartedly agree. Release was terrible. The only reason the game survived is because of the IP name. When STO released and even today, the number of Star Trek games are low. There are many instances where the IP name wouldn't save a game. STO is not one of those.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    if STO lost this IP it would close in a few months for sure

The name Star trek is the only thing keeping it alive now
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

If Star Trek Online... lost the Star Trek license... yeah that would be bad for the game given it's named after the IP they would be losing
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was hoping they'd bite the bullet and give the upgrade for free, but shrugs. It'd be at least nice if they gave the upgraded skin as an option on the old one.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've seen one person claim in a forum post that he saw his name posted when he never actually won a ship.

Not saying I believe him, just pointing out the claim was made at least once by someone.

I find it bewildering if it were true. That really *could* bring Cryptic legal trouble if someone ever pursued it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That belief (which I have not pursued with any great interest) came about by attempting to PM several of the winners (with offers to purchase their winnings) -- but being unable to do so , as they were off line .

Now if one was off line that would have been fine .
    Multiple winners that just log off seconds after they win ??
    That became the root of the "conspiracy theory" .

Well that , and the claimed fact that said @handles could not be contacted down the road after the fact , not just after their lucky strike .
    Thus the theory went further and hypothesized that some of the @handles are not actually real .

... go ahead , make a list of 10-30 winning @handles and try to converse with them . I myself would be curious as to the results ... :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Folks, did you miss the immediate response from the EP? And a response open to what the player base says, not a condescending excuse-laden load like the previous EP.
    The only type of reply people want to hear is. "Yes, you're right. everyone with a Tier 5 Jem'Hadar ship gets the Tier 6 version for free."

Salami Inferno post strongly suggests that won't happen, so... the bickering will continue, whether we consider it justified or not.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only type of reply people want to hear is. "Yes, you're right. everyone with a Tier 5 Jem'Hadar ship gets the Tier 6 version for free."

Salami Inferno post strongly suggests that won't happen, so... the bickering will continue, whether we consider it justified or not.

Might be, but it's strongly not justified that they (Cryptic) goes back to the blog where it clearly stated that the owners of a JHAS would be able to upgrade to a ship with T6 capabilities (not T5-U capabilities) and change that phrase. It's ethical not acceptable.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't see why people are arguing they should get a free T6 Bug, I mean, we don't get a free T6 Intrepid for having the T4/T5/F/T5-U/FT5-U Intrepid, why should they give away their biggest money maker of all time? Or for that matter how? My understanding is that C-Store ships can be reclaimed because they are accountwide unlocks (they tick oa box on your account), fleet ships, Lobi ships, event ships and lockbox ships are all considered by the game to be commodities which no way to track on a wide scale who has them and who doesn't, in other words, unless there are dev tricks in place I don't know about, they would have to take hundreds of hours out scanning every account in the game one by one for a given item, which guys just isn't feasible.

They made available an upgraded version of the best ship in the game, if the last one was worth £100s/£1000s to you, then this one likewise should be and if it's not worth the money to get, don't bother but quit complaining that they made the ship OP again.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • mrsednamrsedna Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

I think they know this pretty good.That would also mean some other company could make a star trek game for us.Cryptic keeps the ip locked for their greed.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I don't see why people are arguing they should get a free T6 Bug, I mean, we don't get a free T6 Intrepid for having the T4/T5/F/T5-U/FT5-U Intrepid, why should they give away their biggest money maker of all time?

a)They already did it once for the first generation of lockbox ships (JHAS, Galor, D'Kora and Orb Weaverm, and yes, the JHAS started as lockbox ship) when the fleet ships came out.
    b)They promoted at least the JHAS as fully upgradeable to T6 prior to DR (changing the advertisment 7 months later is pretty bad style).
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Or for that matter how? My understanding is that C-Store ships can be reclaimed because they are accountwide unlocks (they tick oa box on your account), fleet ships, Lobi ships, event ships and lockbox ships are all considered by the game to be commodities which no way to track on a wide scale who has them and who doesn't, in other words, unless there are dev tricks in place I don't know about, they would have to take hundreds of hours out scanning every account in the game one by one for a given item, which guys just isn't feasible.

They made available an upgraded version of the best ship in the game, if the last one was worth £100s/£1000s to you, then this one likewise should be and if it's not worth the money to get, don't bother but quit complaining that they made the ship OP again.

Really? You think they search their database by hand? ...
    I guess for you any sufficiently advanced database search is indistinguishable from magic.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited March 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »
    a)They already did it once for the first generation of lockbox ships (JHAS, Galor, D'Kora and Orb Weaverm, and yes, the JHAS started as lockbox ship) when the fleet ships came out.
    b)They promoted at least the JHAS as fully upgradeable to T6 prior to DR (changing the advertisment 7 months later is pretty bad style).

Really? You think they search their database by hand? ...
    I guess for you any sufficiently advanced database search is indistinguishable from magic.

Actually they changed the blog yesterday lol

http://1drv.ms/1H1c8VG << till yesterday

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-the-jem%27hadar-attack-ship-returns << now

"Scam the final frontier ,these are the voyages of cryptic...its continuing mission is to scam new people and seek out for new scams and naive people" lol
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We will be correcting the incorrect text from the original blog, and I would like to personally apologize for the misinformation.

I hope I’ve helped to clear things up, and I will continue to work towards improving our communication with everyone in the community.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Good thing I took a screenshot of the article, so you can't delete your blatant lie.

http://i.imgur.com/Ps86caO.jpg

Let's twitter this stuff, so more can see how Cryptic handles their customers.!
    edited March 2015
    kajofolf wrote: »
    Good thing I took a screenshot of the article, so you can't delete your blatant lie.

lol i already did to IGN ,Totalbiscuit ,MMObomb...they love things like these :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kajofolf wrote: »

It was announced in this very forum, readable via the Dev Tracker if neccessary, that they would change the blog, and explain what has happened.

It's not exactly a undercover secret operation here.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.