test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic's Crystalline Catastrophe

js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, the Crystalline STF is still bugged? Even though we were told yesterday that it would be fixed for today?

That's a shame. It was probably a bit silly of Cryptic to say that it would be fixed this quickly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Free Tibet!
Post edited by js26568 on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A least it's aptly named.. catastrophe

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been lucky so far to have un-bugged instances, but considering my (lack of) luck, it won't last.

But I shouldn't even been surprised. At least, it was funny last time because you could test the limits of your PC config and your survivability with all those hundreds of Mirror ships continuously spawning and zerg-rushing you. :D
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it still doing the thing where the Entity doesn't appear?

It seemed fixed for me, just ran it on 3 characters and it worked every time. Hopefully, your experience was an anomaly because otherwise they probably won't apply a second fix till next week. :mad:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Twice I was forced to join an already failed instance of the Crystalline STF, the 3rd time I loaded up a Normal version and it ran fine. I'm assuming it's just the Advanced version that has the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Played 3 times on normal with no problems. Has anyone had problems playing on normal or could this affect only the advanced version?
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Been teaming up with the folks from the 10k channel about 8-10 times (CCA), finished as intended, every single time, np whatsoever.

Thanks, good luck & have fun ;)
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I played on normal with no problems. Advanced gave ZERO rewards after destroying the Entity. So I shook my head, rolled my eyes, smirked, & then logged off for the day. Enough with the bugs, already!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    So, the Crystalline STF is still bugged? Even though we were told yesterday that it would be fixed for today?

That's a shame. It was probably a bit silly of Cryptic to say that it would be fixed this quickly.

Worked fine for me all 5 times I played it today.
  • sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you are in crystalline catastrophe, look on your mission board (the list of mission objectives on the right hand side) if the crystalline catastrophe mission is active with count down and optional goals, you will get the reward after finishing, if it is not active, there will be no reward, but you can leave (as long as you are not in combat) or destroy the crystalline entity. If you get nothing and you didn't failed the mission you should be able to replay it without any cooldown. (that is my experience based on advanced difficulty)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    During these events, you're ALWAYS better off playing the normal, specially with this bug around and so many people don't know what's going up queuing up.

Normal never fails, could take a loong time with a really bad group, but it doesn't fail, so you can't enter a failed instance.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ran it 3 times - no problems.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    22 times on 22 diff toons on normal no prob. Get shard and go watch the price of Original Bug ship fall on exchange ... 250 mil last I looked. lol
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It bugs on advance because only on advance can the CE event fail.

All those optionals! The "you fail this event if more than 30% of ships get hit by the CE AOE blast" is the culprit.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I ran it on advanced. The mission failed and we got the 10 marks because on the third wave too many people got annihilated.

BUT the instance didn't end. No countdown to warp out nothing.

So we kept fighting. We destroyed the entity, then got attacked by Terrans. We destroyed them the entity RESPAWNED... so we killed it again. After another wave of Terrans I dipped out.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I ran it on advanced. The mission failed and we got the 10 marks because on the third wave too many people got annihilated.

BUT the instance didn't end. No countdown to warp out nothing.

So we kept fighting. We destroyed the entity, then got attacked by Terrans. We destroyed them the entity RESPAWNED... so we killed it again. After another wave of Terrans I dipped out.

That is what I mean with "If there is no mission goal on the right hand mission bar, there is no reward"
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had it happen twice now, both times warped into a finished/failed CCE and noticed the same few people just cruising around where the CE would have been... Still dunno if they were trolling, botting or just out for a Sunday Spaceflight but they were clearly in no hurry to exit the STF...

I suspect the problem is that something has bugged and is filling in empty spots on failed/finished CCE's, rather than putting people into fresh ones...

I waited about 5 minutes and I was put into a fresh run when next trying...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The bug is intermittent and looks to be three-fold:
    - The first is simply being dropped into a failed, but still open, instance. That's the kind of thing that we've seen crop up in ever queue with a fail condition since they started.

- The second is when you get put into an instance that's broken, generally when none of the opposing mobs spawn or take several minutes to do so. In the two times I've been in one of those instances I also didn't get mission progress window on the right hand side of the screen either. Leaving the instance didn't trigger a cool down either time.

- The third, probably related to the first, appears to come up when one of the so-called "optionals" is failed and, in the one instance I've seen of this, the fail reward dialog pops up but the mission doesn't actually end and even if you do wind up destroying the entity it doesn't resolve properly.

Out of 12 runs today I've had each of these show up once with the second sort appearing twice for a roughly 1-in-3 bugged mission rate. Some people get a lot of these, some people have managed to avoid them entirely so it's probably something in their instance spawning routines combined with the high usage rates from the event.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I find it rather disturbing that cryptic didn't looked into it, didn't check the mission before the event, especially since it is one where basically, the entire playerbase is participating. There's been enough time though...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I find it rather disturbing that cryptic didn't looked into it, didn't check the mission before the event, especially since it is one where basically, the entire playerbase is participating. There's been enough time though...

It is for sure but hardly surprising anymore.

If one in a hundred players suffers from it because he was unlucky enough to be moved into an already failed instance I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon.

Other maps where broken for weeks and even moths after DR without being attended to.

My workaround for that one will be running normal mode. The difference per run is 250(?) Dil in a ~4,5k Dil match whcih takes 5 minutes.

Cryptic may keep that Dil as tip.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was playing CC elite and i got no reward. Heck when I got there the CC was not even there. 3 minutes later it appeared with no mission and not even a 180 cool down ticker after it's defeat. And guess what, that thing reappeared after 4 minutes have passed. :eek:
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • diadochidiadochi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ran this event about 10 times today, only once got the crystal shard on my first character. On my other characters no crystal shard even if the normal expected rewards are given out, i.e. mission completed successfully.

Update: attempt 11 gained me my second crystal shard, just shows how random the mission is.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't much matter at this point. I think flying in sector space is the only thing that has not been nerfed, time gated, upgraded to broken from working, revamped into broken from working, and had a finish now dilithium sink added to it.

This game is barely even playable and it being fun any more is hugely debatable. For those who will say then quit... I honestly cannot tell you why I haven't. Maybe it's because I have crammed so much money into this money trap that it's hard to walk away without feeling I have been rogued in a dark alley.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Doesn't much matter at this point. I think flying in sector space is the only thing that has not been nerfed, time gated, upgraded to broken from working, revamped into broken from working, and had a finish now dilithium sink added to it.

This game is barely even playable and it being fun any more is hugely debatable. For those who will say then quit... I honestly cannot tell you why I haven't. Maybe it's because I have crammed so much money into this money trap that it's hard to walk away without feeling I have been rogued in a dark alley.

Do you wish to warp out of this system? Pay 500 dilithium now to warp out of system!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    diadochi wrote: »
    Ran this event about 10 times today, only once got the crystal shard on my first character. On my other characters no crystal shard even if the normal expected rewards are given out, i.e. mission completed successfully.

Update: attempt 11 gained me my second crystal shard, just shows how random the mission is.

Notes:
    1. You can only get 1 shard per character every 20 hours.
    2. Advanced / Elite is bugged right now. Failed missions still add new players in to that mission as replacements for people who left. So no matter what you do,. you won't get the shard. NORMAL is OK.

I've now run normal 18 times (9 characters x 2 days) with 100% success. Normal works. Pick Normal. Be happy!
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've now run normal 18 times (9 characters x 2 days) with 100% success. Normal works. Pick Normal. Be happy!

Yesterday I ran it on Normal , but being the weekend , I let greed dictate my actions and ran 10 toons through Advanced to get a side dish of Rubidium .

9 runs were ok , 1 failed to award anything and had to be re-run .

... and can I say how much more relaxing and fun this is without a 4 minute timer hanging over your head ... ?!
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I run CCA 20 times a day trying to get shards for my 9 chars. This is owing to bugs more than failures (only see 4 fail usually). The typical bug is the one listed before: on warp in either no entity or no mission. Either way, it's an instant warp out and re-que. Thankfully, you aren't locked out from re-queing or this would be a nightmare.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    best ways if you have time and want to do elite mode is when the mission starts if anything looks off like no entity or no other enemy arround just warp out again, i have done this several times without penalty rince and repeat until you find one that looks correct.
    if you are short on time just do normal mode as this seems to be bug free.

keep this up until you are sure they have the bug fixed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »

Its a reporting bug ..everything is awesome :D