test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to Dust to Dust feature episode? There was no mention about a time limi

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
What happened to Dust to Dust feature episode? There was no mention about a time limit in the blog.

I just logged in to run dust to dust and it got dropped from my mission log. Reading the blog there was no mention about a time limit. Is this a bug? Normally the feature episodes don’t vanish after weeks. There was no indication is would be going away from the main site or in game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    What happened to Dust to Dust feature episode? There was no mention about a time limit in the blog.

I just logged in to run dust to dust and it got dropped from my mission log. Reading the blog there was no mention about a time limit. Is this a bug? Normally the feature episodes don’t vanish after weeks. There was no indication is would be going away from the main site or in game.

I haven't checked it yet, but I would expect it would now be at the end of the DR episode arc? It might have been dropped because you don't qualify for it yet, and/or the mission reward have changed (I believe the Kobali uniform was time-limited? The QMendations definitely are, but they are only on the first play-through.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Uh... lol

Guess it hasn't been "moved" yet. It's still listed separate from the main story arcs, but you can't hail. It should eventually end up after "What's Left Behind" in the delta arc.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My best guess is it was supposed to just remove the Kobali uniform from the reward table, but someone messed up and instead put a code that made the whole mission locked.

Or, they were supposed to unlock the mission in its proper place (Delta Rising series of episodes) with the last weekly patch, but when they extended the anniversary event, they forgot it wouldn't end during another weekly patch.

Not the first time Cryptic puts something in place and fails to realize a part of the consequences (like using the voice-over of Spock from the introduction video to the StarFleet tutorial for Sela to listen to or having Tuvok and Cooper reintroduce themselves in A Step Between Stars as if they don't know you).
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It will probably show up again in the Thursday patch.

Relax, they put a lot of effort into making the episode, they aren't going to leave it on the shelf.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's probably just a slight bug that needs to be fixed in the next patch.

It should work similar to "A Step Between Stars" from last year's Anniversary Event. As long as your toon played mission during the event it should be replayable afterwards. Just wait for the fix.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had missions like Surface Tension sitting on lower level captains for some time.

They probably needed to drop the mission to remove the Kobali Uniform reward and neglected to add the new version back to your list.

Every once in awhile I get messages saying so-and-so mission is out of date and has been removed from your list and then it gets re-added to it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,
    This mission will be moved into the Delta Quadrant storyline section after this upcoming Thursday's weekly maintenance patch.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,
    This mission will be moved into the Delta Quadrant storyline section after this upcoming Thursday's weekly maintenance patch.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk

TY smirk and, when is the next live stream you are planning on hosting?

Looking forward to the STO crew's usual antics as always.

:D:P:cool:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... Just realised that my Rom-Fed hadn't run it for the uniform. Curses! CURSES!!!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cool, glad it will come back. They usually do. Cause I ran it with speakers off, and not looking at the cutscenes. So it wouldn't ruin the story until I finished the other story arc. I'm glad I ran it on my Romulan to get the uniform. As least I can dress up the Boff some I got from the mission. I did run it on my Fed far enough to get the Boff there too. KDF I didn't as the Boff don't fit his team well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TY smirk and, when is the next live stream you are planning on hosting?

Looking forward to the STO crew's usual antics as always.

:D:P:cool:

It looks like this Thursday, after the patch. We can double check this mission live to make sure it is WAI.

~Smirk
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heya Smirk, There are rumors that the Uniform and some of the rewards will get removed after the episode gets placed. If that is true, Why was it said that ALL the rewards for that episode was permanently tied to that episode?

Please let the players know that they haven't missed out on getting all the rewards.