test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion [3/5 - 3/26]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
For a limited time, we will be running a promotion from March 5th at 10:00 AM PST until March 26th at 9:00 AM PST that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack. The new T6 Jem’Hadar Strike Ship is flying right around the corner, Captains!

Learn more about it here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For a limited time, we will be running a promotion from March 5th at 10:00 AM PST until March 26th at 9:00 AM PST that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack. The new T6 Jem’Hadar Strike Ship is flying right around the corner, Captains!

Learn more about it here!

~LaughingTrendy

And thus the war begins.

*grabs popcorn*
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh, didn't expect the announcement quite so soon...but giving how long a promo runs, guess it makes sense.

I'm going to go hide now. ;)
  • angelus214angelus214 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NOOOOOO!!!

***cries unconsoleably.***

I have the original bug and that cost me 2000 zen cos my fleet commander didnt want it and realise how good they were at the time.

Im never guna get the new one

***continues to cry and starts to rock back and forth in the corner ***
    Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    History repeating itself, and not in a good way.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• captainscorpiuscaptainscorpius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But does owning one grant the ability to launch Jem Hadar Attach Ships from a JH Dreadnought Carrier?

Even better, does it let you launch JH Strike Ships?
  • skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I.. What?!

Why?!

I understand the financial standpoint, but... do you people not give a damn about the integrity of your game?! Even one?

At least the first time could have been called a learning experience!
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NOTE: Newly purchased Research and Development packs will only offer the chance to win the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the bonus Lobi or the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship. Any older packs purchased before this event begins will not offer the chance to win the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship.

Packs purchased during the event, but get opened after the event will still benefit from this promotion’s bonus rewards.

The highlighted lines from the blog seem to contradict one another.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What happened to DOFF Promos (something I might pay money for) ... I don't really see the point of these R&D Packs, though ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The highlighted lines from the blog seem to contradict one another.

Not really, the special pack you receive if purchased within the promotion period will still have the bonus if you open it after the promo ends.

The packs in the store will revert back to ones with no bonus.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Originally, this was scheduled from 3/19 - 3/23, but now it runs alongside the CE event. lol

I wonder if the recent leak had anything to do with this change...
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As if this hasn't happened before. Yet another "limited ship of the week". OP in some way no doubt. At least until another one is released to milk out even more money out of gullible players.

Meh. As if you really need those Box/Lobi/Promo ships to compete in even the hardest content the game has to offer... I mean, If you're buying/gambling for those ships for anything other than their looks, you're doing it wrong, at least in my opinion.

Still, I can't help but laugh at people who have spent a fortune on JHAS just because the ship was considered OP at the time. Money well spent, no doubt. :>

Now excuse me, I'm going back to flying my T5U Steamrunner, T5U Vor'Cha and T5U Fleet D'deridex.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In that picture somehow it looks like a plastic toy with decals applied. Hope it looks a little better in game.

Too much reflectivity and smoothness on the ship surface?

Good luck gamblers.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do feel hit in the face for having the original Bug Ship, so I can open the new one on the same account with the old one, will we see soon a new T6 Galor and T6 variants of the other Lockbox ships.
    Bridger.png
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Originally, this was scheduled from 3/19 - 3/23, but now it runs alongside the CE event. lol

I wonder if the recent leak had anything to do with this change...

Doubtful. This isn't the first leak, by any stretch.

Plus, this promo will run into (and end with) an R&D weekend, just like the Sheshar promo.

Let the REAL Bug Hunt begin! :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Huh, well I'll be dipped. I thought the Dominion ship line had been completely tapped dry. I thought the Sheshar would be the promo ship for at least another 6 months before a new promo ship got introduced. But they found a way.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sovergeinsovergein Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And there is 0,0000000000000000001% chance found this new T6 JHSS :D
    Stop donate this company.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    I do feel hit in the face for having the original Bug Ship, so I can open the new one on the same account with the old one, will we see soon a new T6 Galor and T6 variants of the other Lockbox ships.

I'm not exactly thrilled, either, as an original Bug owner. :( This was a poor decision, IMO. There was no need to revamp the Bug, and a T6 Battleship would have made just as much sense/money (call it a destroyer or something, if not a Battlecruiser).

That being said... what's done is done. This thing IS coming out, and boycotting it won't change it's existence. This is why I saved my ZEN. A "CYA" emergency slush fund for my most prized ship in the game. Just waiting to hit the BUY button, now. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    Yet no T6 Galaxy, no T6 D'deridex, no T6 Negh'Var etc.

Oh, remember how Cryptic was saying pre-DR that your current T5 ships won't get obsolete with the introduction of T6? Hah, hilarious...

On a side note, there are now more limited/event/promo T6 ships of minor factions in the game, than there are KDF and ROM T6 ships combined (I'm not counting Command BCs as six ships, because they're all essentially the same). And I'm positive there are at least three more FED T6 ships in the works...

*sigh*
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to interject here to talk about the last time the JHAS promo was around. This was the post talking about it , and it specifically said:
    With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.
    And while T5-U and T6 are similar, the JHAS factually does not have the capabilities of Tier 6 starships. Tier 6 starships have a 13th bridge officer ability, a starship trait, and have at least a lt. rank station with a specialization. The JHAS has none of those.

Now, while I don't personally own a JHAS, I think this is clearly deceptive advertising. When I heard the rumors of a new Jem'Hadar ship, I was wondering if it would be a T6 JHAS, and upgrade existing JHAS to Tier 6 starships. Instead, they're making a second Jem'Hadar ship via promo packs. IMO, a T6 JHAS would have just as many people buying promo packs, and that they're not being good to their word is upsetting.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Cryptic, remember when Tier 6 was first announced and you said you'd "take care of us?" Or how shortly afterwards you ran the R&D promo with the Jem'Hada Attack Ship and when we complained about promoting a Tier 5 ship when Tier 6 was coming you said the Attack Ship would be upgradable to Tier 6 capabilities?

Well as an Jem'Hadar Attack Ship owner I am not feeling taken care of at the moment, at all.
    edited March 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    OP ship that everyone wants
    Speak for yourself. I wouldn't fly one even if I got it, regardless of the stats.

I'd sell it on the exchange to some other poor soul $_$ (and keep flying some handicapped Fleet T5U I actually like the looks of, like the D'deridex).
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • cidevantcidevant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For those of us who own the JHAS, I am extremely disappointed but not surprised. Honestly, you didn't need to re-release this ship. There were plenty of other ships to choose from.

It's a slap in the face plain and simple.
    With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidevant wrote: »
    For those of us who own the JHAS, I am extremely disappointed but not surprised. Honestly, you didn't need to re-release this ship. There were plenty of other ships to choose from.

It's a slap in the face plain and simple.

Indeed it is.
    Bridger.png
  • k4yd33k4yd33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if Cryptic are reading these posts, because not a single one is postive.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    YAY! Another OP ship with a one in one-thousand chance of getting it.

[sarcasm]
    I love PWE sooooo much.
    [/sarcasm]
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited March 2015
    k4yd33 wrote: »
    I wonder if Cryptic are reading these posts, because not a single one is postive.
    Posts are not metrics. Rest assured the moment you log in on the 5th you'll see tons of in-game messages saying "XYZ has won a JHSS".

Kind of sad, really.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Not really, the special pack you receive if purchased within the promotion period will still have the bonus if you open it after the promo ends.

The packs in the store will revert back to ones with no bonus.

That's not what it *says* though.

It says that the packs, which is plural, which is used to demarcate purchased items, as opposed to singular, 'pack', which is used to denote the item (singular!) in the store, will 'revert to normal'. As such, due to the vagaries of the english language, this implies rather pointedly that the packs you purchase from the store, that you have in your inventory, will stop being special T6 Jem Bug packs after the event ends.

If you mean the pack (singular!) in the store, you should use the singular 'pack', rather than 'packs', as the latter uses context clues that associate it with the purchased item.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    If this is what they intend to do with every special T5 ship, then wow. I'll have to wrap up my accolade hunting the next couple of weeks, and start dil and EC farming so I can get a T6 Palisade if it ever comes out.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If it's true that it will have intel & command hybrid, 0.3 impulse mod, cruiser hull, more turn rate than a bug this place will see the worst part of me.

After I leave the game (<- lol, doesn't apply anymore)
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    Posts are not metrics. Rest assured the moment you log in on the 5th you'll see tons of in-game messages saying "XYZ has won a JHSS".

Kind of sad, really.

Dunno ... maybe it's just me being naive ... but they seem to get desperate in their "money-grabbing" with all these "Alien-OP-T6-Ships" ... after all, we just got the Sheshar Dreadnought 2 months ago, and I barely see those flying around ... same with the new Command Ships ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.