test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS retrofit phasers

valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
Im going to outfit my ship with them, i noticed they give a chance at crit which normal phasers dont but do mk12 retrofit do similar damage to fleet? If not i will just lvl until i get epic but wondered if much difference, these arent the phasers from the mission but the constitution ship on cstore
Post edited by valkarie14 on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure, but I do know the mission ones do more damage thanks to the added [DMG] modifier.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I really dnt want to do the mission 7 times lol plus not alot of time but i heard the dmg affix isnt that important anymore
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its not, but it is an extra mod, pretty sure since the cstore ones are rare with only 1 mod you would just lose out when upgrading. ie very rare = only 2 mods instead of 3. I could be wrong but I think thats how it would work, and imo while DMG isn't as important as other mods, its still better than nothing.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    I'm curious about this, too.

I just got a Fleet Excelsior on Thursday, and I want to put the classic phasers on that ship. Like the OP, they are the phasers from the Connie, not the Davidian arc. I've already thrown them into the upgrade system to take a peek... that changed them to Mk XII Rare with the [CrtH] [Dmg] mods.

My guess is that, once you throw the Connie phasers into the upgrade system, they change into the same item as you get in the Davidian arc (with the added bonus of being at Mk XII). How they compare to other phasers, though... don't know yet.

I'm also wondering if their mods are fixed, on upgrade...?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    My guess is that, once you throw the Connie phasers into the upgrade system, they change into the same item as you get in the Davidian arc (with the added bonus of being at Mk XII). How they compare to other phasers, though... don't know yet.

People in the TOS Retrofit Phasers thread (in one of the Starfleet areas of this forum) say you can get unlimited TOS phasers this way... provided that you like the sound.

IMO, it's worth it just for the visual effects alone.

Use Rainbow Phasers, annoy the heck out of your PUGs, still do massive DPS anyway. :D
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So connie phasers lose a mod?
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got all my connie ones to MkIV ultra rare.

Not sure if this helps or not but here are a fleet one and a retro one but with different mods.

phasers link
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Nice thnx for help
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    pennylong wrote: »
    I got all my connie ones to MkIV ultra rare.

Not sure if this helps or not but here are a fleet one and a retro one but with different mods.

phasers link

This is super helpful!

Were the mods fixed? In other words, did all of the Connie phasers hit [CrtH]x3 [Dmg] on upgrade?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    CritH n critD i would prefer but i cant change the mods, there gd enough lol and its tos phasers what more do you need lol
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    People in the TOS Retrofit Phasers thread (in one of the Starfleet areas of this forum) say you can get unlimited TOS phasers this way... provided that you like the sound.

IMO, it's worth it just for the visual effects alone.

Use Rainbow Phasers, annoy the heck out of your PUGs, still do massive DPS anyway. :D
    I think we have 5 phaser colors now :D Standard orange, TOS(blue-white), Andorian(dark blue), Undine rep(green), and Xindi(blue-green)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    This is super helpful!

Were the mods fixed? In other words, did all of the Connie phasers hit [CrtH]x3 [Dmg] on upgrade?

Have just upgraded (6) Connie retro's to Mk XIV (Purple). ended up with...

(2) CrtD, CrtH, Dam.

(3) CrtH, Dam x 2.

(1) CrtH, Dam, Acc.

Hope this helps. :)

BCW.