test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story Missions

baeleforbaelefor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm playing a Federation Romulan and just completed their story missions which I highly enjoyed. I was wondering if there were other story missions that anyone would recommend partaking in.
Post edited by baelefor on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,626 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have you played a fed - fed and a Klingon? Both have their own stories up to a point.
  • baeleforbaelefor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have not yet. I've thought about making one of each and playing through. But I was curious if there were other story arcs for the higher levels.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    baelefor wrote: »
    I have not yet. I've thought about making one of each and playing through. But I was curious if there were other story arcs for the higher levels.
    Simple answer : no.

Different story arcs are for the beginning.

With DR, it's even worse, since you are part of an "alliance", which is a fancy word for "everyone have the same exact mission". Geko even admitted they did it so they are not forced to make different missions anymore.

So yeah, I would advice to make a fed and a klingon, lvl up the character until "The Vault" (second part of the Romulan story line, if you are fed), and you'll have enjoyed all the unique story. Everything else is the same, save for a few unique dialogue, replacing "Federation" by "Klingon", and "Diplomat" by "Honorable warrior" if you are a Klingon. Also, add some "Qa'pla !" here and there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Highly recommend you get yerself over to the Foundry right now! And I do mean now! lol.

Some great stories in there. Some great multi-part stories in there. Stories done by real Star Trek fans and we're very fortunate they decided to share with us.

I haven't played Fed in a very long time, but I do remember one Foundry mission where time travel and Orions were involved. There is another one featuring Reg Barclay's daughter which is excellent. Another one I remember has you getting caught inside a causality loop and having to figure out how to save both the cheerleader and the world, along with yourself, of course.

Spend some quality time with quality missions done by your fellow STO players who did them just for the love of the game or of Star Trek or both. You'll not be sorry you did.

Did I mention the Foundry missions reward Dilithium upon successful completion?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are (currently) some Cardassian arc episodes which are open only to Federation players. Of course, given what's just happened to the Romulan arc, the best advice here might be "get them before they're gone"....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They are all about the same missions. Feds get a little more in a few places. Where KDF don't get access to those. After DR they are all the same, just wording is different. Just like how they did the KDF ones to get them more up to speed on missions.

This is where the Foundry and RP comes in handy. I do both. Even though the story is the same. I view it as all new with my 3 characters I play. So each one is part of that story.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Highly recommend you get yerself over to the Foundry right now! And I do mean now! lol.

Some great stories in there. Some great multi-part stories in there. Stories done by real Star Trek fans and we're very fortunate they decided to share with us.

I haven't played Fed in a very long time, but I do remember one Foundry mission where time travel and Orions were involved. There is another one featuring Reg Barclay's daughter which is excellent. Another one I remember has you getting caught inside a causality loop and having to figure out how to save both the cheerleader and the world, along with yourself, of course.

Spend some quality time with quality missions done by your fellow STO players who did them just for the love of the game or of Star Trek or both. You'll not be sorry you did.

Did I mention the Foundry missions reward Dilithium upon successful completion?

Do you mean the foundry mission is excellent, or Barclay's daughter is excellent. If it's the latter, can you remember its name?
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I created my second Klingon this week, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the initial KDF story. Great fun.
  • baeleforbaelefor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All great advice. Thank you all. I've played some of the Foundry missions and enjoyed them. I'll look into it. Will also check out those Cardassian ones and make new toons.:)
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    Do you mean the foundry mission is excellent, or Barclay's daughter is excellent. If it's the latter, can you remember its name?
    There's at least two Foundry stories featuring Amanda Barclay; the featured one is called "One Too Many" and takes place on Earth Space Dock.
    8b6YIel.png?1