test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF "Don't give a damd about Crytic" thread

oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Yes, thats the tread title.

It's taken me all of about three hours to write this post. I think I have it short nuff to be readable with out anyone getting lost. I gave it my best shot anyway.

So, with Geko's statement is that the official word? No furrther KDF faction development? I'd really for once like a clear honest correct answer. And this time, if you please, show some respect for me as a person and a customer. No lies, no obfuscation, no misdirection, no ra-ra jolly jolly, just strait dope. If KDF content is simply not ever going to get done or fleshed out any further other then as yet more -re-written Fed and FE content I'd really like to know. If its truely a done deal, I got 10 plus gig of HD space that I just patched yet again today that I can recover for something thats actually going to get played. I can get rid of ARC too.

I'm personally done with hanging on a hook. Cryptic and PWI ain't gett'n money outta me, and haven't in a while. I'm not going to reward this studio, or its owner with my money for a job less then half done. Whats not half done could be asked. After years of STO the KDF faction play is a muddle of STF's, remade fed missions, and a hand full of high quality KDF specific mission. So much for several years of assurances that KDF faction play would be fully realized. The recent comment by a certain Dev pretty much puts paid to that ever even happening it seems.

Less then half done is not even 20% of the KDF players levelling up is done with KDF exclusive content. Everything else is still mostly redone fed mission and recycled FE's.

Frankly as a customer I have tried to tell you what I want, and what I have always believed other players that came to the game wanted. I've been polite, and positive all the way to beeing down right insultingly mean and negative. What ever it took to get ya'll ATTENTION!.

Cryptic studio's and PWI have made hundred of millions of dollars off of STO at this point. So, when we gonna get the REST of the game that we should have started with at launch? I've been very understanding I think. I know the situation at launch, the issues with Atari. PWI purchased the studio and its properties from Atari (and saved their incompetent feduciary bacon in the process) PWI has been paid back their initial investment in purchasing cryptic studio's several times over at this point. The money crunch is long gone.

The studio had this amazing opportunity toward a faction based trek MMORPG, and tossed it away.

My opinion on the matter boils down to the studio flat wimped out. . Winners win, loosers walk. They could have given us a fully realized dynamic KDF faction with its own unique story just like WOW did with the horde and any number of other MMO's with their factions. I understand and accept that they couldn't do it at launch, but they've had several years since then to make it happen.

Hey Geko. Yea I get that your (and your co-workers) may be a tad irritated about always being grilled about the "What do the Klingon get" question.

I could give a damd. There is a reason you and everyone in the studio KEEPs getting ASKED about Klingon faction content, more specificly, the lack of said content.

The studio, and PWI haven't gotten a cent from me in years now because I'm still wait'n on product. What anniversery of the game is it? How long have we been waiting?

As for what Geko said about Klingon content. That boy needs a head check. (and he IS a boy to me, I'm way older then he is). I as a customer am not paying him for his opinion as to what he likes. I'm paying him to do his part to produce content for star trek online. This INCLUDES the Klingon faction in the game, him giving a damd or not. His opinion is immaterial on this. It's his JOB. If he don't like it, he can quit and go find something more to his likling.

I don't give a damd that he don't give a damd. He, and this studio can either get off their collective fundements and start finally start producing the KDF faction content we players have been waiting years for, and finally have STO as a COMPETE package, or they and he can DAMD well shut up.

I got nothing for him. Not a kind word (not after that crack regardless of the intent) , not my time of day, and absolutly zero money. After all, why should I pay he and cryptic for whats NOT in this game.

I'm glad STO is free to play. Because I can choose to NOT spend money on it.

And that boys and girls, a nice clear Klingon take on the whole matter from this KDF player.

Khemaraa sends
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, thats the tread title.

It's taken me all of about three hours to write this post. I think I have it short nuff to be readable with out anyone getting lost. I gave it my best shot anyway.

So, with Geko's statement is that the official word? No furrther KDF faction development? I'd really for once like a clear honest correct answer. And this time, if you please, show some respect for me as a person and a customer. No lies, no obfuscation, no misdirection, no ra-ra jolly jolly, just strait dope. If KDF content is simply not ever going to get done or fleshed out any further other then as yet more -re-written Fed and FE content I'd really like to know. If its truely a done deal, I got 10 plus gig of HD space that I just patched yet again today that I can recover for something thats actually going to get played. I can get rid of ARC too.

I'm personally done with hanging on a hook. Cryptic and PWI ain't gett'n money outta me, and haven't in a while. I'm not going to reward this studio, or its owner with my money for a job less then half done. Whats not half done could be asked. After years of STO the KDF faction play is a muddle of STF's, remade fed missions, and a hand full of high quality KDF specific mission. So much for several years of assurances that KDF faction play would be fully realized. The recent comment by a certain Dev pretty much puts paid to that ever even happening it seems.

Less then half done is not even 20% of the KDF players levelling up is done with KDF exclusive content. Everything else is still mostly redone fed mission and recycled FE's.

Frankly as a customer I have tried to tell you what I want, and what I have always believed other players that came to the game wanted. I've been polite, and positive all the way to beeing down right insultingly mean and negative. What ever it took to get ya'll ATTENTION!.

Cryptic studio's and PWI have made hundred of millions of dollars off of STO at this point. So, when we gonna get the REST of the game that we should have started with at launch? I've been very understanding I think. I know the situation at launch, the issues with Atari. PWI purchased the studio and its properties from Atari (and saved their incompetent feduciary bacon in the process) PWI has been paid back their initial investment in purchasing cryptic studio's several times over at this point. The money crunch is long gone.

The studio had this amazing opportunity toward a faction based trek MMORPG, and tossed it away.

My opinion on the matter boils down to the studio flat wimped out. . Winners win, loosers walk. They could have given us a fully realized dynamic KDF faction with its own unique story just like WOW did with the horde and any number of other MMO's with their factions. I understand and accept that they couldn't do it at launch, but they've had several years since then to make it happen.

Hey Geko. Yea I get that your (and your co-workers) may be a tad irritated about always being grilled about the "What do the Klingon get" question.

I could give a damd. There is a reason you and everyone in the studio KEEPs getting ASKED about Klingon faction content, more specificly, the lack of said content.

The studio, and PWI haven't gotten a cent from me in years now because I'm still wait'n on product. What anniversery of the game is it? How long have we been waiting?

As for what Geko said about Klingon content. That boy needs a head check. (and he IS a boy to me, I'm way older then he is). I as a customer am not paying him for his opinion as to what he likes. I'm paying him to do his part to produce content for star trek online. This INCLUDES the Klingon faction in the game, him giving a damd or not. His opinion is immaterial on this. It's his JOB. If he don't like it, he can quit and go find something more to his likling.

I don't give a damd that he don't give a damd. He, and this studio can either get off their collective fundements and start finally start producing the KDF faction content we players have been waiting years for, and finally have STO as a COMPETE package, or they and he can DAMD well shut up.

I got nothing for him. Not a kind word (not after that crack regardless of the intent) , not my time of day, and absolutly zero money. After all, why should I pay he and cryptic for whats NOT in this game.

I'm glad STO is free to play. Because I can choose to NOT spend money on it.

And that boys and girls, a nice clear Klingon take on the whole matter from this KDF player.

Khemaraa sends

Well ___ ___ ___ ___'em. I am done with this game.
    Hell, I do not even see any point in doing Gates of Stovokor anymore.
    Why give a ___ ___ ___ ___ about a game that doesn't care about you as a customer.

and here I was slowly getting my way back in after a year long work-related hiatus....
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
This discussion has been closed.