test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

Comments

• skygemini1skygemini1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    McCoy: He's not really dead. As long as we remember him.

May you find peace in your long rest Mr. Nimoy, you are truly among the stars now _\V/
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jake477 wrote: »
    Cryptic you should do an episode to honor Mr. Nimoy. Can we have the player go back in time to Spock's funeral as an observer complete with all the trimmings.

I think the issue there is that is ostensibly owned by Paramount and not CBS directly so may not be covered in the licensing.

Also in STO lore, Spock isn't officialy dead (afaik) only lost following destruction of Hobus Star and Romulus (and over in Paramount reboot universe).

I would still like to see some sort of monument in game both to the character and to the man who brought him to life for us all.
  • syniansynian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P Mr. Spock

I would also like to add to the request that a tribute to Mr. Nimoy be put on Vulcan.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thank you for the education, the inspiration and lighting up my imagination.. r.i.p.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the memories and the hope for the future.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fletchervansefletchervanse Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sad day indeed, a monument of this franchise leaving us.

RIP Mr Nimoy.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    \\//, LLAP on your voyage home. Our love goes with you.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • emohsnevar1emohsnevar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Truly a sad day losing a legend! R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is really sad, and I hope the best for his family.
    I would say more but I don't think it's possible to accurately put into words how much Leonard Nimoy did for so many people with his work.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    leS qoD yon Sub SuvwI.

rest inside satisfaction brave warrior

We are lessened by his absence.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this sucks. RIP Mister Nimoy
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    #LLAP RIP to the best First Officer - Jonathan Frakes
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy, your journey has found it's end only for a new one to begin on the other side.

It is only fitting that I draw on two bits from Trek Lore and quote Spock from both the end of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • theaptpupiltheaptpupil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "The word extraordinary is often overused, but I think it's really appropriate for Leonard. He was an extraordinarily talented man, but he was also a very decent human being."

I think that is the most fitting thing anyone who has worked with Leonard has said about him.

He will be missed, and future generations may see another like him again, but for now im just gonna let the sadness pass and remember the great man he was
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I want to once again express my heartfelt condolences to the friends, family, and fans of Leonard Nimoy. Everyone at Cryptic Studios was saddened to hear of his passing and we want to make sure we never forget the cultural impact of the man or the character he played. To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance.

In this way, we hope to keep his memory as alive in our game as he is in all of our hearts.

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer
  • theaptpupiltheaptpupil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to once again express my heartfelt condolences to the friends, family, and fans of Leonard Nimoy. Everyone at Cryptic Studios was saddened to hear of his passing and we want to make sure we never forget the cultural impact of the man or the character he played. To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance.

In this way, we hope to keep his memory as alive in our game as he is in all of our hearts.

LLAP

Steve Ricossa

Thanks Steve, on that day I will log in again for the first time in months to pay my respects
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa

_\\//

Peace and Long Life
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the times you entertained me,
    Thank you for the humanity you've shown,

Rest in peace my friend I never known,
    Good travels to the far beyond.

Warp speed......sensors to maximum......
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Cryptic. :D Good stuff, I will be there.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Thank You.
  • cepheusblackwingcepheusblackwing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Live Long and Prosper, you glorious man. Godspeed, and we'll all see you again on the other side of the jumpgate.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

I'm elated to hear you guys going ahead with this, though I teared up a bit at the finality it represents. That's going to be a place in the game where I'm likely to sniffle a lot for a while when I visit.
  • darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Was a big fan of Spock starting during the Original Series days. Seeing him shirtless in that jail cell in Feb 1968 pretty much cemented my attraction to intelligent, articulate & handsome hairy chested astronauts (and the actors who portray them) that continues to this day.

Spock
    Paul Foster (UFO)
    Alan Carter (Space:1999)
    Steve Austin (6 Million Dollar Man)
    John Crichton (Farscape)

so many more but those are my top 5.

You will be missed.
  • tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Will the monument be time-gated?
    TdfsKwJ.jpg
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

A class move.

I think the monument should be classy, elegant, understated yet inspiring.....much like Mr Nimoy himself.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will the monument be time-gated?

how very.. dental.. of you
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Is there a chance there will also be an in-game ship bearing the name Spock?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek