test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

Comments

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So sad to hear of this news, leonard nimoy will always remain one of my beloved actors throughout the decades, Rest In Peace Leonard, you are now free to boldly go, may your soul live long and prosper, we will never forget you.. :(
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP

The man was talented and had a great sense of humor.

NOT the Bilbo Baggins Video.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This may be the saddest birthday I have ever had, yet rather than mourn the loss of a great actor, director and artist I shall celebrate his life and contributions. Live long and prosper my friends.
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "You have been, and always shall be... my friend."

Goodbye, Mr. Nimoy! You will be missed!

:(:(:(:(
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Today we honor Mr. Nimoy's legacy and extend our condolences to his family, his friends and his fans. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.

You can read our official statement here.

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    a legend passes :( Nimoy's off to the final frontier, may it be a fair journey
  • phaser69phaser69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Spock..
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The interplay between Spock and Leonard has always been beautiful, but perhaps never more than here. This article shows Leonard back in the day...showing how wonderful a human he was, by tapping into the Vulcan he was.

It's certainly worth a read.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/that-time-leonard-nimoy-responded-to-a-mixed-race-teen-with-solid-life-advice/
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • chad4231chad4231 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don`t often have a tear in my eye when a stranger passes away but Leonard was like an old friend, been in my living room entertaining my household on that screen for decades. A true legend & will never be forgotten by a generation of sci-fi fans the world over, very few people will ever achieve that.
    Thanks for entertaining my little space in Britain, a great actor & will be sorely missed.
  • waylander1610waylander1610 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like many of my fellow gamers am saddened by the news of Leonard Nimoy's death and dearly hope that a fitting memorial is place either Starfleet Academy or on Vulcan for this great man
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The interplay between Spock and Leonard has always been beautiful, but perhaps never more than here. This article shows Leonard back in the day...showing how wonderful a human he was, by tapping into the Vulcan he was.

It's certainly worth a read.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/that-time-leonard-nimoy-responded-to-a-mixed-race-teen-with-solid-life-advice/

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

RIP Leonard Nimoy.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • donbodonbo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Today we honor Mr. Nimoy's legacy and extend our condolences to his family, his friends and his fans. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.

You can read our official statement here.

~LaughingTrendy

Much appreciated Cryptic team.

There are no words to express the sadness of his passing. Lenoard Nimoy may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eazzie wrote: »
    In the hope of a memorial... A fitting inscription should be Mr. Nimoy's last tweet.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    Agreed. Fitting and poignant.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like many of my fellow gamers am saddened by the news of Leonard Nimoy's death and dearly hope that a fitting memorial is place either Starfleet Academy or on Vulcan for this great man

Most likely there might be a memorial statue or something on Vulcan. We'll just have to wait and see what the Devs are going to do.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My grandfather smoked cigerettes and a pipe for most of his life. He died in 2003 of lung cancer. I can understand what Mr. Nimoy's family is going through at this time. I wish to express my condolences to Mr. Nimoy's family. Now, he can be at peace and out of pain. I'm sure Gene Roddenberry, Majel Barrett, James Doohan, and DeForest Kelly were there to welcome him home. :(

Cryptic should put up a memorial for Ambassador Spock on Earth and DEFINATELY on Vulcan. Most, if not all players, need the chance to honor the Federation legend.
  • fltcaptalanfltcaptalan Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mr. Nimoy,
    May you have peace and eternal life, I'll keep your soul in my prayers,
    and my condolences to the Nimoy family. :(
  • joe1306joe1306 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A really sad day :(
  • devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy, you will be greatly missed.

I have instructed my crew to remain at Blue Alert today in honor of his memory.
    Daedalus-STO.png
  • vevvev8vevvev8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    He lived long and prospered.
    To Leonard Nimoy (Spock) may he rest in peace. :(
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy, I already miss you.

My condolences to the family and friends.

We really need to honour him somehow ingame.

The black banners on ESD are a good start, but they will not stay for long.

He at least deserves some sort of permament memorial ingame. A statue on Vulcan like the image of the news would be fit IMO.

As I' ve readen on FB, we could break the fourth wall for this.

Cryptic, soon, don't make a ugly figure and think of something (I'm sure you're already but still).
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic you should do an episode to honor Mr. Nimoy. Can we have the player go back in time to Spock's funeral as an observer complete with all the trimmings. Seems only fitting to hear the bagpipes one last time on his final launch.

As for my childhood icon and some what of a mentor at least his character was.

Thanks for all the undiscovered countries and life lessons.

See you out there some day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't know him personally, but I always felt "Spock" as a sort of grandfather to me. As a person playing a monumental role in sci-fi characters, he was a king.

He, as an artist and a lover of all the arts, made me see him as an actual person. Not just an actor. A true form of someone whom defines humanity. This is why me thinking of him as Spock is truly trumped by the fact that he was always much, much, more.

P.S.
    My avatar is not jumping on the bandwagon of this horrible news. It's been the same since the start. I meant what I said, so please no trolling. I can take it, but this thread can't. Please no trolls in this thread.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Mr Nimoy. You will be missed.

IDIC

\\V//
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic Developers,

Please open Vulcan to all factions so we may all gather in tribute to Mr. Nimoy.

Fleet Admiral A.J. De La Sera

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy, you will be deeply missed.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sad to see him go. He was a Legend.

I really hope to see a memorial done for him on STO. A place on ESD or Academy would do. As well as a place on Vulcan and New Romulus. Since he had influence on both places.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A great man and a living legend has passed on his way to the undiscovered country.

RIP Leonard Nimoy...my condolances to his family and all who knew him.

You have been and ever shall be...our friend.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy, you will be deeply missed.

^ This, I totally forgot that Klink's couldn't go there.

I am deeply saddened by Mr. Nimoy's passing. I remeber watching "In Search of" just to hear Leornard Nimoy narrate it. He, just like the Great Communicator and Carol Shelby is yet another legend that I looked up to in my youth, and will honor thier memerioes in the future.

His passing has made me reminds me that I am at the age that the world is taking more loved ones than it is giving. I am going to have to make a point the see the living ones more than I have.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P. Mr. Nimoy. The world has lost a good one. You will be missed.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P Mr. Nimoy :(
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png