test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

That Special Troll again and my personal fury.

2»

Comments

• jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What?

What kind of filth is this thread?

Have a little self respect OP.

Shame on you.

Great, here comes another one...please troll elsewhere.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does this forum have rules anymore? Or is it an anything goes flame war of personal grudges made disgracefully and disgustingly, revoltingly put on display.

No name and shamer has a place in this community, a community of rules, a community of EQUALS.

This is a dark day for Star Trek fans, a dark day for everyone.

Made darker by the displays of bad behavior, by the acting out put on display here.

Shame on the lot of you.

Respect is not a river that flows in only one direction.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does this forum have rules anymore? Or is it an anything goes flame war of personal grudges made disgracefully and disgustingly, revoltingly put on display.

No name and shamer has a place in this community, a community of rules, a community of EQUALS.

This is a dark day for Star Trek fans, a dark day for everyone.

Made darker by the displays of bad behavior, by the acting out put on display here.

Shame on the lot of you.

and who was the one who provoked it? I have a sneaky feeling that it sure as hell wasn't the OP who went around being so disrespectful :rolleyes:

So the op lost his cool at something that is pretty damned insensitive. Is that so bad?

Also, you mentioned a "personal grudge". Any proof to offer on this?

#troll #fed
    I need a beer.

• mikegammon1958mikegammon1958 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    It's called a "celebration of life."

He lived to a ripe old age of 83, and I can think of no better way to celebrate his long and prosperous life. Get over yourselves.

Also, don't recall anything covering disco balls in a populated zone as against TOS.

well buddy if no one els around you is doing it there is a reason. dont be a TRIBBLE.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You get used to the trolls in this game to the point it almost doesn't bother you and you only end up feeling sorry for them. But you'd think even they could give it a break now and then.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Rich coming from you.

Just sayin.:rolleyes:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In New Orleans, funerals are celebrated for the memory of the deceased's life. In Mexico, the Day of the Dead is celebrated for dead relatives.

Considering that throwing disco balls is a hate crime is offensive towards me. You should open your mind and quit thinking the mourning of a death has to be gloomy and sad. :mad: Get out, op. GET OUT
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Vulcans do not disco. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just do what every one on the forum suggests when faced with torment or discrimination just put him on ignore and forget him. :rolleyes:
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see a lot of IDIC fails in this thread
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ugh. This is turning into a troll fest. The friends of a certain player rushing in to drag this into lock oblivion I think.

I'm out.
    I need a beer.

• coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Could you not have just let it go? Did it really have to devolve into another argument?

Just take is as a celebration of life, and move on.
  • noobspawnnoobspawn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    in the mean time I'm sure the mods will be out in force today. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    in this thread, sanctimoniousness shows the depths to which "emotion" drags the otherwise noble human soul.

The irony would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and tragic given the memory and the life it desecrates.

It desecrates.

This thread, and all the pigs who roll around its filth, are a desecration.

A desecration.

Shame on the lot of you.

Ummm... you've posted more than once now...

and with that, I'm moving on also.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As much as I disagree with throwing disco balls up in the air during this very sad day at vulcan, he did not break any TOS rules, but he did lose a lot of respect from the player base and I.

But I believe it IS in the TOS that you are not suppose to be mentioning peoples in game names and pointing and shaming.

This thread is going to go no where and will be full of a ton of hate, which already has proven its self.

As much as I hate what this guy was doing, he technically did nothing wrong. This thread is just a hate thread. Please close it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everyone should be able to celebrate Nimoy's life in their own way. If some group wants to use fire extinguishers and disco balls to celebrate his life, then all power to them. However, they should not be used in a somber gathering to remember his life.

As some other poster mentioned, I will remember Nimoy's last years as this.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In New Orleans, funerals are celebrated for the memory of the deceased's life. In Mexico, the Day of the Dead is celebrated for dead relatives.

Considering that throwing disco balls is a hate crime is offensive towards me. You should open your mind and quit thinking the mourning of a death has to be gloomy and sad. :mad: Get out, op. GET OUT

Of course, we also do not see--unless at the explicit wishes of the deceased--any requirement that others follow those customs. This is why I am asking that those who want to have a more boisterous wake please not disturb those who are clearly following a different and more solemn-toned custom. The Foundry and fleet bases are available for private wakes and that would be my very strong recommendation in this instance.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited February 2015
    in this thread, sanctimoniousness shows the depths to which "emotion" drags the otherwise noble human soul.

The irony would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and tragic given the memory and the life it desecrates.

It desecrates.

A desecration.

Shame on the lot of you.

Wow, if you had any reason, you'd stop trolling like this. You really don't understand things do you.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It desecrates.

A desecration.

Shame on the lot of you.

Not cool dude. Not cool. I can understand what people say about you now. :/
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People show their sorrow in many different ways. Don't Grief-Shame.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As much as I disagree with throwing disco balls up in the air during this very sad day at vulcan, he did not break any TOS rules, but he did lose a lot of respect from the player base and I.

But I believe it IS in the TOS that you are not suppose to be mentioning peoples in game names and pointing and shaming.

This thread is going to go no where and will be full of a ton of hate, which already has proven its self.

As much as I hate what this guy was doing, he technically did nothing wrong. This thread is just a hate thread. Please close it.

My sentiments exactly. We are all mourning Leonard Nimoy's loss and feelings a running around. Let's let this go and move on.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    It's called a "celebration of life."

He lived to a ripe old age of 83, and I can think of no better way to celebrate his long and prosperous life. Get over yourselves.

Also, don't recall anything covering disco balls in a populated zone as against TOS.

It is highly disrespectful and rude. I for one echo the sentiment that I hope you get a permanent ban for your disrespect.
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Autism. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2015
    Some people think that a tragic day gives them cover to expose the demented hate in their shameful hearts to the world without consequences.

The poltite term is "desecration"

Never forget what these ones tried to do today.

Or you...your reputation precedes you.
This discussion has been closed.