test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Empty Imported Projects

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
So when I tried to make a copy of my foundry mission in order to make a new mission with assets from the first mission, saved the new mission under a different title, closed it, and then re-opened it, the ENTIRE mission was wiped clean of data. No maps, no costumes, no dialogue. Nothing but the title and description remaining intact.

Foundry authors have the patience of saints to put up with this editor... :rolleyes:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had the same problem the last few days, the import would work, I can start removing unneeded assets, then when I reload, everything is gone... :confused:
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Adding to the "To Investigate" list.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    I've been told from people who have experienced this before that the issue may be that you guys aren't hitting save before closing the project. You might try importing a project, move something a fraction and then save it and try closing and re-opening.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, so if I am remembering correctly, there is a 'feature' that if you do NOT save an imported mission immediately after importing it (by making a chance and clicking save) it wipes out all the information on the map.
    I just reprod'd this myself

1)take a random mission and import it to another name
    2)close the editor without doing anything
    3)reopen and the mission is completely internally wiped
    4)scream bloody murder
    5)curl into a ball and sob that you have to recreate all the work

or...
    1)import
    2)remove something or add something so that the save option comes up
    3)save
    4)now when you close out and reopen things should be there
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    for b2: another option is to change the description of an item. that registers as a change, and thus will prompt a save, even if you just add a trailing space.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you very much Drogyn and Castsbucg! I didn't actually lose anything bythis, since the reaon I was making copies in the first place was that I'd already come across the bug that wipes missions anyway for no reason, but it was getting really annoying having to try multiple times to make a backup copy until it finally stuck. Now I hopefully know what to do!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks guys. This time I moved some things around AND made sure to hit save. I successfully made a copy of my mission. :)
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah with hope, frost can maybe get the guys to apply some teflon to the importer so that stuff sticks when you do it :)
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    castsbugc wrote: »
    yeah with hope, frost can maybe get the guys to apply some teflon to the importer so that stuff sticks when you do it :)

Isn't Teflon non-stick...? :0)
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    He needs to apply the super-soft tyre compound. Gives more grip.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
This discussion has been closed.