test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defera Invasion zone not rewarding BNP's?

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
From today's patch notes:

"Borg Neural Processors have been added as a once per day reward to the following missions on the Defera Invasion Zone:

Modus Operandi
Getting to the Bottom of Things
Uninvited Guests
Counter Offensive
"

I just completed Modus Ooperandi and didn't get a BNP. Do you get one for completing all four missions, or should each mission reward one BNP, with one max per day?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    I just completed Modus Ooperandi and didn't get a BNP.

I didn't get it either
  • Options
    xionstrykexionstryke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its because Modus Operandi doesn't give BNPs. Whoever wrote the patch notes made an error.
    I figured this was the case as soon as I noticed 3 of the 4 Defera missions listed to give BNPs were Hards, and 1 was an Easy.

So the correct list for BNPs on Defera is this:

Uninvited Guests
    Counter Offensive
    Knowledge is Key
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xionstryke wrote: »
    Its because Modus Operandi doesn't give BNPs. Whoever wrote the patch notes made an error.
    I figured this was the case as soon as I noticed 3 of the 4 Defera missions listed to give BNPs were Hards, and 1 was an Easy.

So the correct list for BNPs on Defera is this:

Uninvited Guests
    Counter Offensive
    Knowledge is Key

so hard means no solo play to get... basically still f off
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so hard means no solo play to get... basically still f off

The same thought had crossed my mind, as it was stated in previous Dev posts, the intent of adding such rewards to content outside of STF's was to unlock these special items rewards for 'solo content'...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kobali Prime Adventure Zone is not rewarding APC either.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    oh dear oh dear.
    might have to interact with other players online in a massively MULTIPLAYER online environment.

how dreadful.

Yes, I agree with this. Queues are dead, so what does Cryptic do? Take away one of the main reasons people play the queues.

*slow hand clap*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    pumpkinjawpumpkinjaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Once again they don't take into account the following problems with Defera and lack of BNP:

1. The number of people on at any given time is not a constant. So chances of actually finding people to team with can be almost impossible. Hence....no chance for BNP.

2. The lag caused by actually teaming can cause playability issues including crashing. Hence.....no chance for BNP.

Not everyone wants to or can actually do the hard mission, for whatever reason.

So why are solo players still not able to get BNP? ( And before any smartA** comments pop up...yes I have played them. Had to wait hours to get enough for a team and the lag was way beyond ridiculous. Plus the glitch on one made it incompletable. )

The whole idea of MMOs is teaming? Not really...it's more about playing the way you want to play, whether it's solo or teaming. And still being able to make progress, albeit solo players will progress slower. ( That means they should be able to get BNP, APC etc in smaller quantities. Instead they get nothing.)

Plus...the STFs allow multiple times a day to get BNP....Defera is only once a day? And you still have to have a team? Really?? How does that even anything out?? Or give solo players a chance to get BNP? I was fine with 1 BNP per day as a solo player but if you are just adding the option to hard missions then it should be repeatable with the chance for multiple BNP, just like the PVE missions!!

What's the rationality behind this change?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since it's limited to once a day, Cryptic really should let us do any mission, or at least a medium one since those can be soloed.
  • Options
    punisher1o67opunisher1o67o Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In all honesty, being in a fleet has its advantages. I can EASILY get two others for Defera. And don't forget, you really just need 20 BNPs to collect, which is about 5 days. You get another 10 for hitting T5 Omega rep.
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well Defera Hards need one capable player and two "adds" to be allowed to start the missions.

For the Temple one you dont even need a capable player, just an engineer with a mines module and the borg die before finishing their beam in animation.
    The Drone mission normally finishes after some time without doing anything. Wasnt even in a group anymore when it finished successfully.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In all honesty, being in a fleet has its advantages. I can EASILY get two others for Defera. And don't forget, you really just need 20 BNPs to collect, which is about 5 days. You get another 10 for hitting T5 Omega rep.

They pawned those in for cheap dil during the last dil weekend.

Oh wait...
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My biggest problem when trying the City Hard this weekend was the mission would not complete, meaning myself and my friends could not get the BNP (or anything else) from the mission.

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed recently?