test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dust off your old Alts (recruiting for an event)

patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,954 Arc User
Over and over people say the same thing; "I used to have a bunch of alts but now..."

well, folks...

a few of us are organizing an unofficial, unrecognized, event. It's KDF themed.

It's a perfect chance to meet people who you might actually want to add to your friends list, or even recruit to your (stated to be dying) KDF fleet, and we're hoping to make it a 'regular thing'.

It's a chance to step out of your Scmitar and into that Klingon you've been forced to leave behind in the name of the Grind, to re-establish a sense of community, and to remember what it was like to have fun in the game.

Here's the current draft of the event announcement

see? plenty of lead-time to arrange your busy schedules around, with plenty of time during it, to become involved or not.

I am looking for volunteers.

Basically need someone willing to hang out at each location in the list, to help coordinate people and get them moving in the right direction.

If necessary, I will FIND something to hand out for helping out with this.

The root of the concept, is to meet new people, help new players, and play content you either have never played before, or haven't played for a long, long , time.

it's a break from grinding patrols or doing timed runs on Infected.

It's a chance to play something different.

anyhow...there it is. More will be to follow.
Nature doesn't HAVE to be nice, or polite.

Free Hong Kong.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dang, I cant make it. However, posting here to support your idea and to boost up this thread, which deserves to be noticed.

I'd be very vocal about this ingame. Spam maps like First City to tell people you are doing this.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good idea. Can't promise I'll be able to help organize it, but I'll try to log my KDF crews in and lend a hand to anyone that needs a level 60 to make up numbers. I'm always down for shooting things, preferably in space, but I can wreck stuff on the ground as well.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im still waiting for captain claw hair and gowron crazy eyes before i make a serious klingon :D

Actually OP nice idea i hope it works out for the KDFs sake they need a morale boost
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im up for it as long as im not working :)
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you know i will be there.
    the House of Beautiful global channel is also available to use. there are already a lot of kdf of varying fleets there, its public, etc. it would be a great way to coordinate.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While my playing time is erratic, and I therefore cannot commit to directing, my Klingons will be heading to the bar come the 14th.

One thought on the announcement though - given that the Crystalline Entity event will be in full swing, should that be targeted?

It would be seven shades of awesome to get a run with 10 Vo'Quvs going....
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hrrm... stay socialization-shy as usual and fly around aimlessly doffing or out of STO, or bite the bullet and do something with some of my fav characters... ehh. Might show up. It's a Saturday I get off anyway. If people can tolerate someone with terrible reflexes, instincts, no skill, bad teamwork and useless builds :V

Also despite the above, you could possibly count me in to that 10 Vo'Quv run for fun. As long as a non-fleet non-T5U one isn't an unacceptable handicap.
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is epic as my Mrs would say.

Zavery will be awaiting the STFs full KHG regailia.

Let's us seek battle at the weeks end!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Over and over people say the same thing; "I used to have a bunch of alts but now..."

well, folks...

a few of us are organizing an unofficial, unrecognized, event. It's KDF themed.

It's a perfect chance to meet people who you might actually want to add to your friends list, or even recruit to your (stated to be dying) KDF fleet, and we're hoping to make it a 'regular thing'.(...)
    BRAVO, patrickngo. This is another example of where the STO community shines!

(Can't guarantee I'll be online, so not committing to volunteering at this time. BUT if there's a banner we can add to our sigs here, then please tell us where to get it. ;) It would be great if our resident Community Managers and various STO podcast folks could promote this, too. Hint, hint!)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    BRAVO, patrickngo. This is another example of where the STO community shines!

(Can't guarantee I'll be online, so not committing to volunteering at this time. BUT if there's a banner we can add to our sigs here, then please tell us where to get it. ;) It would be great if our resident Community Managers and various STO podcast folks could promote this, too. Hint, hint!)

great idea.
    im on it!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a great idea. I have 3 KDF alts (tac, eng, sci) and will try to show up.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like this idea! My Rom/KDF captain already has a full HG ground set, but my Alien KDF main does not; I've been waiting a long time to get with a group to help get the BNP's I need. Sounds like fun! :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pat if you promise me to come to Level 60 Ker'rat as culmination of your event, I'll assemble a Fed fleet specifically meant to battle yours.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fantastic Idea! This right here is how you make the game exciting and fun!!

One quick question can I run a level 50+ Alt at the lower level stuff if I'm using my Tier 1 B'Rotlh? Love taking this old ship out!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, I'll bite.

I got a level 60 science toon flying a T5u B'rel BoP Retrofit with okay gear (nothing better than rare / very rare Mk XII) that I have been meaning to improve upon.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry NO alternate KDFs...had enough with just one and 9 FED alternates :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I believe the terms "FUN" were used in the blog post, as in it's not about hard-core grinding.

Also ideas like "discussing builds" and "Helping each other out" were hinted at.

IOW I think you'll be welcome.

I'll get on adding CE to the event topics for the 14th.

Heh, guess I'm just a bit too used to the usual fare as to take a "believe it when I experience it" approach. And cynicism. Should be fun~
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice event, I do hope it is a big success. I might be able to catch some of it on Sunday, I'll at least try.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cha Herom, Science Master for the House of Jev, will be in the bar on Qo'noS on the appointed day.

You honor my House greatly by making this festival happen.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How do I sign up for this? I'd love to join in with my KDF Klingon-at-heart Orion!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    agentsorchusagentsorchus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you still looking for volunteers? I can't be on for the beginning of this but I know some European players that might be able to help at the start. I can be on in one of those areas late though, possibly until 11 pm eastern.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you know i will be there.
    the House of Beautiful global channel is also available to use. there are already a lot of kdf of varying fleets there, its public, etc. it would be a great way to coordinate.

While this is a great idea and generous offer on your part, why not create a new global channel specifically for this event (and it's coordination) and it's future follow up events, which can then be left active for people to find KDF groups after the event? This would be like the old Klingon_stf channel from back in the dark ages before there were queues for stfs (and now other missions as well).

I've taken the liberty/initiative to create a new open channel called "Bloodwine" and will be happy to pass ownership of it over to you or Patrick for this event and future coordination of KDF faction events, this way we are not interfering with your other "House of Beautiful" chat members who might not want to participate in the upcoming festival.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds like loads of fun. General Slaas of the Imperial Kore Alliance should be in attendance. I will also make a note on my fleet's info page about this.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What can I do to help out? PM me ingame I'll be in tonight, and can respond then.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey I still have a kdf character I made at launch. Easter is gmt-5 right?
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One of the things I am hoping for out of this is an Invite to a Fleet where the Klingon side isn't an afterthought.
    As in...

"After we give all our Dilithium, Fleet Marks, DOffs, etc to the Fed Holdings, we'll see. Oh wow, look at that. We're all out of resources. Well, we'll give the Klink side something right after we get done slotting all these new Fed Projects. Hey, Guys? Let's hurry up and finish getting all the Fed Holdings to T5, so we can get started on raising the Klink Starbase to T1. Guys? Guys? Where'd everyone go to? Now isn't this typical. No wonder Cryptic doesn't do more Klink stuff. Why do more stuff for people who quit the game?" :rolleyes:
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.