test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*Idea For Dev's... Custom Made Hanger pets workshop for players!

starlazersstarlazers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
HI Guys...

Soon will come to time when we can upgrade our Hangers to Epic..... I own every single Elite UR hanger both fed and kdf side also all the promo/lock box Hangers.

One of the many ideas I have had for this game, Is a Custom hanger workshop where we can take our UR/Epic pets and have a pool of abilities and weapons systems for each pet and a set amount of slots to fit them much like our ships... but for our Hangers

This in its self will give carriers the much needed ++ they need !

I often feel that when im flying my Fed ships with hanger bays (command ships to note one) my choices are very limited due to the fact that most of the Hangers are bound to there respected ships.

So as I said above, being able to customize my elite delta's or Yellowstones and fighters to have different weapon load outs and/or powers will make carriers so much better and give the player a real feel of uniqueness and it would be awesome to be able to spend some time customizing my Hangers for the job at hand rather than just making do.... also it would be nice to be able to customize the look and shape of my Hanger pets and have them all Match my ships hull type/paint job, and the same shield FX much like the Monbosh console pets do.

There is a lot you can do with this idea Cryptic and I have alot more. I do hope u take alook and give it some time...

Thanks for reading.

C.J NovaStorm
Post edited by starlazers on

Comments

• terrorkahn#2080 terrorkahn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Starlazers,

Having played this game since the very beginning and mostly ONLY playing carriers, dreadnoughts and capital ships alike I believe the idea to make epic hangar pets customization is a glorious idea also adding in a federation frigate equal to the KDF Bird of prey which is nothing short of awesom would be nice too. Great idea! I look forward to hopefully seeing this in game!
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sounds like a LOT of work for limited reward on the part of both the devs and their Ferengi overlords.

I can see where you're going with it though.

Perhaps something that would allow you to 'lock in' your fancy shuttle build as the primary hangar pet with assigned boff (ala Paris's custom original delta flier) might fit the bill? or at least be a compromise. I'm thinking: Hangar Pet "Custom".

If something along these lines were put into play, I think a lot of players would put a little more thought into their shuttle builds and would in all likelihood increase the fancy small ship sales, and perhaps boff slot sales since a boff couldn't be slotted on both the shuttle and the bridge at the same time.

it probably would be a reasonable limitation to say no more than one custom hangar to a ship.

though what about my D'kyr? would my customized Tal'kyr get the bonuses from the caustic plasma weapons I've slotted too?

Another question this of course broaches is would I be able to use this to circumvent the ship limitation for normal hangars?
    eg I have purchased a stalker stealth fighter small craft, could I use this as a custom hangar on a non-caitian ship?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Cryptic was to do something like this, then they would limit it to choosing between a certain build and look. So using the Yellowstone shuttle abilities on an Scorpion Fighter and have only two Scorpion Fighters launch instead of three. Letting us choose which abilities our hangar pets can use would cause too many problems with balance.